• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured WHERE DOES IT SAY GOD'S SABBATH IS ABOLSIHED AND WE ARE COMMANDED TO KEEP SUNDAY AS A HOLY DAY?

Discussion in 'Sabbath and The Law' started by LoveGodsWord, Feb 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaBèlla

LaBèlla Well-Known Member

+1,623
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    It led me Home. I am indebted. :)

2. LoveGodsWord

LoveGodsWord Well-Known Member

+1,155
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Without this root we are all dead twigs

3. ace of hearts

ace of hearts Well-Known Member

+1,138
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Haven't used that one. Great verse.

4. LoveGodsWord

+1,155
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    INDEED as posted earlier, that is the purpose of God's LAW it is the mirror that helps us to see our need of a Savior because we are all sinners in need of God's salvation. God's ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments) give us the KNOWLEDGE of SIN when broken *ROMANS 3:20. God's 4th Commandment is one of God's 10 commandments. God's WORD says that if we break any one of God's 10 commandments we stand guilty before God of SIN *JAMES 2:10-11.

All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

In times of IGNORANCE God winks at but when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come God calls all men everywhere to REPENT *ACTS 17:30-31.

5. LaBèlla

+1,623
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I concur. HaShem has brought me far. And to think, I nearly forsook H-m. To my shame.

6. ace of hearts

+1,138
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Do you suppose Paul is defending and requiring observance of the sabbath? If so based on what?

7. LoveGodsWord

+1,155
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    I was the same sister. Like you I could not resist his calling and saw my folly. He never gives up on us and is not willing that any of us should perish. I feel so blessed in that while I was dead he died that I might live. I could not see this until I saw myself as God sees me and he opened my eyes to see what he did to save me. If our lamp has gone out how can we find our way when the road is dark and narrow? Sadly many have broken lamps or let their oil run out.

8. ace of hearts

+1,138
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Day of the Lord isn't the Lord's Day of Rev 1:10. Neither is it Saturday.

9. fhansen

fhansen Oldbie

+1,069
    Catholic
    Married
    Where did you get the idea that everything has to be recorded in the Bible?

10. klutedavid

klutedavid Well-Known Member

+2,279
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Hello LGW.

Your not reading the text properly, James does not say what you are saying.
    Here is what James actually states.

James 2:10
    For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.

James did not say ten commandments, James said 'the whole law'. There is an unmistakable difference between 'the whole law' and the ten commandments.

I want to know why you obliterate what the text says and substitute your interpretation, over the top of the text?
    Once again there is a marked difference between what Paul says and what you say Paul said.

Romans 3:20
    Because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

Through the law not through the ten commandments is what Paul is actually telling us.

You ignored the context of Romans chapter three which further compounds your error.

11. LaBèlla

+1,623
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I was looking for G-d. I have gone through more religions than one should know. I kept searching. I was raised Catholic and would spend the night reading my bible by flashlight when I should have been sleeping. I was drawn to Solomon and his wisdom and prayed earnestly for the same.

There was a song I heard as a little girl called The Question Is. I remember my heart would flutter when it came on the radio Sunday morning. I would have never imagined my departure. But there was a ram in the bush. When I arrived at the shul I was weary and so haggard. That's when He got to work. ;-)

12. ace of hearts

+1,138
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    There's nothing in Acts 15 to support you idea about shadow laws. It clearly says the Law of Moses which means the entire first 5 books of the OT.

13. ace of hearts

+1,138
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Where in the NT does it require keeping the sabbath?

14. LoveGodsWord

+1,155
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Hi David, nice to see you.

However, not really brother. The text is being read according to God's WORD how it is intended to be read. God's WORD is very clear on what it is talking about. In all the scriptures provided defining what SIN is in the NEW COVENANT each of the writers define SIN as breaking any one of God's 10 commandments and use examples quoted from God's 10 Commandments. Let's look at the scriptures answering the question...

WHAT IS SIN IN THE NEW COVENANT?

JAMES 2:8-12

[8], If ye fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself, ye do well:
    [9], But if ye have respect to persons, YOU COMMIT SIN, AND ARE CONVINCED OF THE LAW AS TRANSGRESSORS.
    [10], For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
    [11] For he that said, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, said also, DO NOT KILL. Now if thou commit NO ADULTERY, yet if thou KILL, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF GOD'S LAW

Yep, James is pretty clear if we brake ANY of God's Law (10 commandments) then we are a TRANSGRESSOR of God's LAW and commit SIN. James quotes two of the 10 Commandments saying that if we break them we commit sin v9 that are summed up in the 2nd great commandments of LOVE to God and LOVE to our neighbour in v11. Maybe you missed that one? Notice how JAMES uses the example of ADULTERY *EXODUS 20:14 and MURDER *EXODUS 20:13. Yep he is talking about God's 10 Commandments all right.

ROMANS 7:7 [7], What shall we say then? is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I HAD NOT KNOWN SIN, BUT BY THE LAW: for I had not known lust, EXCEPT THE LAW HAD SAID YOU SHALL NOT COVET.

Well here we have Paul in agreement with James and John also telling us that he did not know what sin was without God's 10 Commandments. SIN is breaking God's commandments and Paul uses the 10th commandment as an example of breaking any of God's LAW (10 commandments) = SIN (Exodus 20:17). Yep PAUL makes it very clear he is talking about GOD LAW being the 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is. This is linked to what PAUL is discussing in ROMANS 3:20 where he is saying both JEWS and GENTILES are all under sin (breaking God's 10 commandments)

links to...

1 JOHN 3:4 [4] Whosoever commits SIN transgresses also the law: for SIN is the transgression of the law.

John is saying the same thing as James and Paul and states that if we TRANSGRESS God's LAW then we commit SIN because SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF GOD'S LAW. So it is very clear that SIN is breaking ANY of God's LAW (10 commandments). We will look at the chapter context John uses v15 of MURDER as an example of sin which is God's 6th Command of the 10.

Sin is indeed defined in God's WORD as breaking any of the 10 Commandments in both the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures.

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you.

15. LoveGodsWord

+1,155
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Your repeating yourself here brother. Already answered in post # 43 linked click me

Hope this helps

16. ace of hearts

+1,138
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Sorry but sin isn't James' focus. He's addressing Jewish Christians here. There's nothing in chapter 2 about a requirement to keep the law. He's telling those who claim they do they must keep it all. Fact is no one does according to Jewish Scripture (OT). James is clearly not requiring works of the law.
    Works of the law aren't called fruit anywhere.

17. LoveGodsWord

+1,155
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    Really? What do you think CIRCUMCISION represents in the NEW COVENANT?

18. LoveGodsWord

+1,155
    Australia
    SDA
    Married
    I have a good friend that sounds just like you sister. Thanks for sharing your thoughts

19. LaBèlla

+1,623
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Thank you. It's nice to know there are others like me.

20. ace of hearts

+1,138
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Not by you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.