Country
Thailand
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Scripture is authored inspired by God.
There, I corrected it for you.

There are only two parts of the scriptures which were authored by God: 1) The Ten Commandments; and 2) the words written on the wall in Babylon which are recorded in the book of Daniel. All the rest was authored by men who were inspired by God.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
In my view Heb 10 says animal sacrifice forms of worship service are no longer required after the cross "he takes away the first to establish the second".
I do not recognize Hebrews as any more than one side of a debate. Today animal sacrifices would be an afront to God, would deny Christ and His confirming the covenant; but the Law cannot change, otherwise Christ's crucifixion would have no legal status, covenant wise, the covenant would be unconfirmed, and unconfirmable. My understanding is: Christ fulfils the High Priest's ordnances once for each but the duration of each is eternity. Similar for the ordinary Priest, Baptism is an ordinance done once, and is eternal.

The Jews are about to start sacrificing animals again, they have been fattening about 40 red heifers, will be ready in around 12 months, and Hamas has used the red cows as part of its excuse for attacking Israel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
In my view Heb 10 says animal sacrifice forms of worship service are no longer required after the cross "he takes away the first to establish the second".

But your post is in response to circumcision. I was pointing out that gentiles were never required to be circumcised to be saved in the OT. That is some new idea that Christian Jews came up with in Acts 15:1-2. Something that not even the non-Christian Jews were promoting.

Well the priesthood changed to the priesthood of Christ in Heb 7 and 8.
And the animal sacrifice system of worship changed to the one that we have now as far as I can tell from Heb 10:4-10

Scripture is authored by God. Moses' allowance was within the context of the civil code of that theocracy. Morally the married people were not supposed to get divorced at all - but legally in the civil codes you can't have two people that cannot tolerate each other forced to stay together until one of them dies. It is not very practical.

Jesus does not say "Moses made a mistake due to the hardness of his heart" , rather He says that the people were in such an unsaved condition in certain cases that it was too dangerous to force them to live together "due to the hardness of your heart" meaning the sinful unsaved heart of the people in those divorce-for-safety situations.

I work with a big picture, an abstract, where God spends 4000 years creating a foundation, the covenant, a house, the kingdom of God. Jesus comes and by fulfilling prophesy confirms the covenant. Jesus authenticates the OT, and the OT authenticates Jesus.

Mat 10 is the covenant being renewed with the lost sheep of Israel. Most of Jesus's talk is to those who did not need a renewed covenant but only needed to repent. When Jesus started he preached, repent the kingdom of God is near; three and a half years later he preached the kingdom of God is among you.

Biblically the marriage covenant is a microcosm of, and component of, the covenant God makes with man, when the marriage fails both the covenants are broken. Repentance is possible other wise Satan's rules apply. Very few marriages to day, would be considered covenants with God.

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Very few marriages to day, would be considered covenants with God.
This is simply known without mentioning , right ?
I mean most people realize this already , for the last <almost> fifty years or so ?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I mean most people realize this already , for the last <almost> fifty years or so ?
That's why 50% of all marriages end in divorce and marriage is no longer only between a man and a woman?

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It was noted (anonymously and other) a few decades ago
that only three to five percent
of those in usa who claim to be christian are <likely to actually be> .

If that is even partly truth,
then perhaps 90 percent of all marriages (even that remain intact)
and 90 percent of all people
have no benefit of having a covenant with God at all. As in Noah's day.....

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's why 50% of all marriages end in divorce and marriage is no longer only between a man and a woman?
Is that a statement or a question? If it is a statement then it would have bee wise to have used a "just" in place of an "only". Your whatever makes believe there isn't marriage between men and women anymore.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Why is it so? Is it the spirit of anti-Christ sweeping the word, is it Marxism, or Fabianism in our schools or is it the UN the so-called toothless tiger, or is it the falling away that precedes the return of Christ?

Upvote 0