USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Handling multiple contracts under my LLC will help facilitate this. Whether this pans out is in God's hands. If it doesn't, at least I'll have an interesting story to tell. An anonymous guy who doesn't have any letters after his name. Hopefully, what we're doing will help others and make a difference.

That’s wonderful! Sometimes the absence of education provides a blank slate and allows Him to work through us in ways that are challenging when unlearning is necessary. Good luck with the projects. I’m sure you’ll do well.

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I asked myself to be banned from a couple of the political sections. I just don’t want to see it.

It’s difficult for churches to find a good balance. Don’t talk about relevant issues enough & it seems like they’re dodging important issues. Talk about it too much & you lose the Gospel or skew too much to one side of the aisle.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That’s wonderful! Sometimes the absence of education provides a blank slate and allows Him to work through us in ways that are challenging when unlearning is necessary. Good luck with the projects. I’m sure you’ll do well.
Thanks. It's relative, I suppose. Although I have a bachelors' degree and relevant informal education through years of reading and doing, the people I collaborate with have PhDs. Rather than uneducated, I consider myself to be partly self-taught. That's also how they describe me. There's an opportunity cost for everything we do. While they were learning one way, I was learning another. Divergent rather than blank. Of course, I also stand to learn from them. The ongoing question is how badly I want to take things in a formal direction. The increased flexibility should allow that to happen if the need arises. If there truly is a need, then I suppose I'll go ahead with it. If not, and if I consider it worth my time, then it will be just for my own personal edification if I do. I've always been more intrinsically motivated, and like to keep progressing in a personally meaningful way.

Last edited:
sampa
sampa
Prayers for you. Sounds like some interesting opportunities :)
Upvote 0
Miles
Miles
Thanks, Sampa. I volunteered with the first group for several years. It's essentially a continuation of the same project. The second involves similar work but with a different team in another field.
  • Optimistic
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Rather than uneducated, I consider myself to be partly self-taught. That's also how they describe me. There's an opportunity cost for everything we do. While they were learning one way, I was learning another. Divergent rather than blank. Of course, I also stand to learn from them.

Your willingness to pursue the subject without compensation emphasizes your passion and discipline. Collaborating with someone with a genuine regard for the topic is great. Their motivation is innate and not based on money. As you expand your knowledge and experience your authority increases. You don’t need a PhD to be a peer. Too much education stifles creativity. That’s why the best authors aren’t MA’s and most founders lack an MBA. Glean what you can and develop your own thing. You have the foresight to do so.

The ongoing question is how badly I want to take things in a formal direction. The increased flexibility should allow that to happen if the need arises. If there truly is a need, then I suppose I'll go ahead with it. If not, and if I consider it worth my time, then it will be just for my own personal edification if I do. I've always been more intrinsically motivated, and like to keep progressing in a personally meaningful way.

I thought about grad school when my purpose was revealed but He told me it wasn’t necessary. I don’t need a luxury MBA to launch a fashion label. The road I’m taking to its fulfillment is different from the norm. Go to school, work for a brand, partner with a company, etc. My commitment to sustainability and ethical practices is foremost. How do you fund it? That’s the fun part. Seeing opportunities and converting them to profits is satisfying.

I used to devote 15 minutes a day to business ideas. I’d do it on my lunch break. I trained myself to take a vision and detail its execution within that time frame. You’d have to tweak some things of course. But that wasn’t the purpose. The goal was developing the ability to see possibilities and make a decision. When things fall in your lap you don’t always have the opportunity to chew on them.

As a result I view experiences in two guises. They’re purposeful and opportunities for financial enrichment. There’s little that I do that I haven’t developed a strategy to monetize. I didn’t get that from a school or book. That’s the way my mind works.

Coloring outside the lines is meaningful. Stay true to yourself and see where it leads.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟65,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I asked myself to be banned from a couple of the political sections. I just don’t want to see it.

It’s difficult for churches to find a good balance. Don’t talk about relevant issues enough & it seems like they’re dodging important issues. Talk about it too much & you lose the Gospel or skew too much to one side of the aisle.

There are some things that are political that are going to be impossible for Bible-centered churches to avoid. Like abortion and homosexuality.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
There are some things that are political that are going to be impossible for Bible-centered churches to avoid. Like abortion and homosexuality.

And it shouldn’t be politicized. Our position should mirror Yahweh’s not society. Once we bend on that we’ll bend on other things. That’s leaven in action.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Can you guys please keep praying for me? I still can't find stable work and times are still rough. I've had one assignment this month.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Doing Christmas cards is going to take a little bit longer than I expected. I definitely have learned I should not be multi-tasking with french fries and ketchup. I hope my cousin in Arkansas will understand, hahaha. Some of my cards did not turn out, one of them that I made is backwards, hopefully she will be forgiving as well. And quite a few of them fountain pen had some messiness.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Can you guys please keep praying for me? I still can't find stable work and times are still rough. I've had one assignment this month.
I don’t want to sound insensitive, but have you considered other lines of work? It doesn’t seem like it’s been stable in the years we’ve known each other. That must be stressful, and stress isn’t fun at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don’t want to sound insensitive, but have you considered other lines of work? It doesn’t seem like it’s been stable in the years we’ve known each other. That must be stressful, and stress isn’t fun at all.
Yeah it has been up and down, more down lately. I'm working on finding a new career that's stable.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Will do. You want copywriting?
Doesn't have to be writing. I've filled out a ton of applications and reached out, but it's hard to find a new line of work when you have 10+ years of experience doing one thing. I'm ready to move on, but I'll take anything I can get right now. Mainly to get me through the winter.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Doesn't have to be writing. I've filled out a ton of applications and reached out, but it's hard to find a new line of work when you have 10+ years of experience doing one thing. I'm ready to move on, but I'll take anything I can get right now. Mainly to get me through the winter.

Can you share your skills and experience? I see positions often. I don’t mind passing them on.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Can you share your skills and experience? I see positions often. I don’t mind passing them on.
Any remote job would work great, whether writing or customer service.

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟241,369.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sorry to hear that. I imagine that's so very stressful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟65,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are you able to do work in another field through a temp service?

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Are you able to do work in another field through a temp service?
I'm looking into that. I just had surgery so I am mostly home-bound through winter. They might have some remote positions.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Any remote job would work great, whether writing or customer service.

Are you conversant with digital media? I’ll check my email tomorrow. I saw something a week ago along those lines and I’m in a group that posts opportunities often. They’re all remote. I’ll check in with them.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hoping the snowstorm tomorrow won't be too bad. This snow on CF isn't calming my fears.

sampa
sampa
I hope it isn't too bad. A system is supposed to go through here it looks like for four days next week. I'm preparing since I'm on call for snow plowing.
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0
Upvote 0