Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,443.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Was just thinking.. I wonder if we could have a gathering sometime as a group? We could set up a zoom call, enjoy a long distance dinner together, maybe play some jackbox games together. Would be cool to have a virtual hangout with some people we’ve talked to for so long but never met.
I like that idea. Time differences might make it tricky for me, but they don't completely rule it out.

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Was just thinking.. I wonder if we could have a gathering sometime as a group? We could set up a zoom call, enjoy a long distance dinner together, maybe play some jackbox games together. Would be cool to have a virtual hangout with some people we’ve talked to for so long but never met.
Jackbox is a lot of fun!

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟65,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When I woke up this morning, I didn't want to do anything - get out of bed, do laundry, go to the bathroom, etc.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I was talking about pianos with somebody at work yesterday, and she mentioned that her family recently got rid of an antique parlor grand. Apparently, it was destroyed when they sold her parents' house. It was a high end model that only needed new felts and a tuning. If only I had known! I've been keeping an eye out for a nice used piano. So close and yet so far.

As a woman, I received TONS Of messages on online dating apps years ago. Sooo many were just some variation on "hey" or really rude pick-up lines that were spammed out. That being said, I totally responded to any guy that put in a little effort, even if I was telling him "no, thanks and good luck." So it just makes me wonder how many of these profiles are just bots or fake profiles to fill the search results, so there's no one there to really respond anyway? OLD takes a lot of work and I put a lot of effort into it--I can't imagine just... not responding to real people especially if the profile has been active recently.

I dunno, just my thoughts. I could be totally wrong. I have put off getting back into the OLD scene because I hated it, so maybe things have changed.

There do seem to be lots of bots and fake profiles, designed to separate a lonely person from his or her money. It's kind of sad. Then again, some profiles are probably made by people like me who just want to check what's out there without actually using the service. Even as a man, the messages I got from women were one word or a short sentence at best. Showing no indication of having read my profile. If they had, I might have replied.

Dating sites are pretty awful. The apps are apparently even worse but I haven't tried those. It's probably just as well.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Have you tried comedy?
I was actually thinking the same thing. I hadn't planned it that way. But maybe the next time that I check out movies from the library I will think about throwing a comedy in there. I did see a heartwarming story last night that was kind of funny but I still cried at the end. 8-bit Christmas. I think my body has just been craving a good cry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟65,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was actually thinking the same thing. I hadn't planned it that way. But maybe the next time that I check out movies from the library I will think about throwing a comedy in there. I did see a heartwarming story last night that was kind of funny but I still cried at the end. 8-bit Christmas. I think my body has just been craving a good cry.
On Christmas comedy movies, you can try Ernest Saves Christmas. I'm not sure if you'll be able to rent it from the library but you shouldn't have any problems finding digital copies to rent. I don't think there's anything in there that provokes crying.

sampa
sampa
Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately it has to be something that I would be interested in spending time watching. I just will have to research. Ernest is not my favorite. It will probably have to wait till next year. As it takes a lot of time getting movies from the library and doing my research beforehand. I will remember it for next year and in the future when I decide to check out some movies.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

GodDoesListen55

“A happy heart makes the face cheerful.” ッ
Jun 25, 2006
Delaware
✟108,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow, I just figured out how to react to a post. ‍

Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟203,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Why would an Hispanic unbeliever woman, upon finding out about her son's conversion to Christianity, abuse him by sabotaging his career and trying to put him in a female role?

*puts on mood-killing evil grin and walks out*

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why would an Hispanic unbeliever woman, upon finding out about her son's conversion to Christianity, abuse him by sabotaging his career and trying to put him in a female role?

*puts on mood-killing evil grin and walks out*

That’s horrible. I assume she equates faith with weakness hence the emasculation. What a sad world we live in.

• Friendly
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think I'm finally getting into the Christmas spirit. Going to my friend's church on Sunday for their Christmas program with the children's ministry.

Also, my weight loss stall finally seems to be over and the numbers are starting to go back down again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think I'm finally getting into the Christmas spirit. Going to my friend's church on Sunday for their Christmas program with the children's ministry.

Also, my weight loss stall finally seems to be over and the numbers are starting to go back down again.

How’s your water intake? What are you eating?

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How’s your water intake? What are you eating?
I've increased my water intake to 75 ounces per day. I'm eating twice per day, between 750 calories and 1,000 total for the day, which is what my body will let me eat after surgery. Trying to stick to more proteins, like tuna. Had chili a few times. Salmon, turkey sticks, and some cheese. I think stalls are normal as I transitioned from the liquid phase to soft foods and am now in my normal food stage. I also started working out more, riding the exercise bike and lifting 10lb weights.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've increased my water intake to 75 ounces per day. I'm eating twice per day, between 750 calories and 1,000 total for the day, which is what my body will let me eat after surgery. Trying to stick to more proteins, like tuna. Had chili a few times. Salmon, turkey sticks, and some cheese. I think stalls are normal as I transitioned from the liquid phase to soft foods and am now in my normal food stage. I also started working out more, riding the exercise bike and lifting 10lb weights.

Watch your intake of refined foods. Especially sugar and wheat. If the label says cane sugar its refined. Some products use beet roots instead. Opt for organic sugar, honey or sucanat. Wheat is more problematic and requires significant changes. If you like bread make your own. No knead loafs are easy. Opt for einkorn flour or spelt. Buckwheat is nice for pancakes. Bob’s Red Mill has the latter two. Jovial sells einkorn.

Legumes don’t have a lot of protein but they’re filling. Don’t forget green tea and nuts. Keep up the good work!

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Several things are on my mind. Our first meeting under the new grant as a combined research group is tomorrow. The following day, I will likely meet with another group. An informal discussion with a PI basically turned into a job interview. They were asking about things like hours and pay rate before I knew what hit me. As they work under my primary employer, I would split my time between their project and my current role. I would get to keep the same benefits etc. It's not official yet, so I'm not ready to celebrate, but everybody at work knows about this and are planning as if it will happen. We'll see. If it does, it wouldn't be the first time I worked 50+ hour weeks.

The long hours will be my choice. At least initially. After we've settled into a routine, I may reduce the number of hours for two of the three roles as necessary.

My long term goals are increased flexibility for study, career advancement, and greater autonomy. Handling multiple contracts under my LLC will help facilitate this. Whether this pans out is in God's hands. If it doesn't, at least I'll have an interesting story to tell. That's how it's been all along. Computing, design, and making new things are hobbies of mine. I'll keep doing what I do regardless of the outcome. Pursuing these interests in a professional environment, let alone getting any kind of recognition for doing so, is an added bonus. Just a neat opportunity that God has given me. Perhaps because I'm available and open to the idea. An anonymous guy who doesn't have any letters after his name. Hopefully, what we're doing will help others and make a difference.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
There’s a pastor desiring to expand his flock through marijuana sales. He wants to grow it on the property and attract members through a farming program that will teach a skill and enrich the church. This is the sort of stuff you saw on Enquirer but unfortunately its real.

Upvote 0