United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Either way, winters are to die for here in the Great White North lol

Not sure if I remember but you're from Michigan, right? I imagine it must be worst there... at least compared to the Twin cities area I live. Northern Minnesota can have especially brutal winters... although our Canadian users might view us as wimps.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not sure if I remember but you're from Michigan, right? I imagine it must be worst there... at least compared to the Twin cities area I live. Northern Minnesota can have especially brutal winters... although our Canadian users might view us as wimps.
Actually, it doesn't get too bad here in Southeast Michigan. We are too far east to get much of the lake effect snow bands. We just deal with the relentless clouds for a bit. Because the Great Lakes are warmer, they actually help moderate any cold mass that comes over the area, so we can be 10 degrees warmer than what you guys would get in Minnesota and Wisconsin. We do get the occasional storms though. I don't mind the snow at times or cold air, but the clouds really get to me. I get SAD disorder every year from it.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actually, it doesn't get too bad here in Southeast Michigan. We are too far east to get much of the lake effect snow bands. We just deal with the relentless clouds for a bit. Because the Great Lakes are warmer, they actually help moderate any cold mass that comes over the area, so we can be 10 degrees warmer than what you guys would get in Minnesota and Wisconsin. We do get the occasional storms though. I don't mind the snow at times or cold air, but the clouds really get to me. I get SAD disorder every year from it.

Interesting. I know little about weather.

I need to move somewhere south. Just sick of it all really. Especially the long commute I take to get to work. Highways are usually fine... but this morning they weren't. Scary driving 50+ miles in snow and ice between two large semi-trucks. My car starts slipping and I could easily die. This morning saw some cars that spun out. A few were like a couple hundred feet into a ditch.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting. I know little about weather.

I need to move somewhere south. Just sick of it all really. Especially the long commute I take to get to work. Highways are usually fine... but this morning they weren't. Scary driving 50+ miles in snow and ice between two large semi-trucks. My car starts slipping and I could easily die. This morning saw some cars that spun out. A few were like a couple hundred feet into a ditch.
I'm a bit of a weather nerd haha. That is scary. I would never drive in the winter between two semis.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm a bit of a weather nerd haha. That is scary. I would never drive in the winter between two semis.

I don't want too, it just happens. Usually, it's the big trucks that drive the fastest. I guess they can break more easily... but it's just nerve wracking.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't want too, it just happens. Usually, it's the big trucks that drive the fastest. I guess they can break more easily... but it's just nerve wracking.
As a former truck driver, it's much worse. It takes big trucks longer to stop and it's easier for them to fishtail and lose control. They shouldn't be going faster, but too many drivers have deadlines and put money over the lives of others.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As a former truck driver, it's much worse. It takes big trucks longer to stop and it's easier for them to fishtail and lose control. They shouldn't be going faster, but too many drivers have deadlines and put money over the lives of others.

That makes me feel better.. lol. :(

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Based on what I've read online, all men and women in my family are apparently sigmas. In fact, most of my friends also fit the sigma profile. As in "sigma male" and "sigma female". Although it's an arbitrary construct, one that some suggest doesn't even exist, the term communicates more about my reality than alpha or beta does.

When I meet somebody I like (probably a fellow sigma), the feeling is one of relief rather than one of fear. We get each other. It was that way for my parents, siblings, and extended family as far as I'm aware. Being on a similar wavelength, along with feeling basic chemistry, is more important to people like us than social hierarchy or hypergamy. Picking a quality partner who is personally relatable to share life with rather than insulting each others' intelligence or wasting each others' time.

Sigma may not be any more or less real than alpha or beta, but it's a potentially useful descriptor. I wonder how much of this is cultural or a matter of how we are raised vs. innate temperament.

Edit: For what it's worth, I think it's kind of silly to describe people in terms like this but it was on my mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Uh oh. @linux.poet is a trainee moderator! Everyone hide all the booze under the sofa!
What, no champagne? I thought you would be celebrating my rise to power, rather than hiding alcohol in cowardice.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What, no champagne? I thought you would be celebrating my rise to power, rather than hiding alcohol in cowardice.
As the reigning King of CF, I see your rise in power as treasonous and a threat to my crown.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
As the reigning King of CF, I see your rise in power as treasonous and a threat to my crown.
Eh, take a good look at your chessboard again. The king is weak and has to be protected. The queen has all of the real power. :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,643.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Just remember that with great power there must also come great responsibility...

standard_incredible.jpg

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sigma may not be any more or less real than alpha or beta, but it's a potentially useful descriptor. I wonder how much of this is cultural or a matter of how we are raised vs. innate temperament.

Edit: For what it's worth, I think it's kind of silly to describe people in terms like this but it was on my mind.

Segmentation is polarizing and creates an us versus them society. By the time they’re done everyone will be with their respective groups and incapable of togetherness. Which is the goal. A kingdom divided cannot stand.

All the labels are psy ops in one form or another.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Segmentation is polarizing and creates an us versus them society. By the time they’re done everyone will be with their respective groups and incapable of togetherness. Which is the goal. A kingdom divided cannot stand.

All the labels are psy ops in one form or another.

It's harder for the powers of this dark world to gain a foothold when people freely collaborate of their own volition. Cooperation through thoughtfully combined individual strengths makes it more difficult for them to hold sway.

• Agree
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0