Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because he represents something you desire you're unwilling to admit. That's why you persisted and I told you he'd choose her. It was a rookie mistake and one you'll learn from if you're willing to see the situation for what it is and how it relates to your other suitors. There's a common denominator in them all.

How did you find the images? They wouldn't appear on your feed. You'd have to look for them. Why are you doing it? Is he still in your head? You don't have to answer that but you need understand why you'd bother looking in light of the circumstances.
Every once in a while he comes to mind (a thing said here on the forum.. could be driving and a memory. It is an area I need to grow in. I'm thankful for the answers and it gives me some closure and reality for my disillusionment. Hopefully this is my last search.

One of my ex-boyfriends went to prison last decade for something very bad. He gets out in 2 years. I would rather he stay in prison because I believe he will commit the same crime again.
I'm so sorry, that sounds terrible and nerve racking to think when he gets out. I will pray for you, your safety and heart. Thank you for sharing. Hugs my dear.

him. I know from my own personal experiences that it's wisest to listen to those gut feelings and to not ignore any red flags.
Thank you it is scary, but also revealing. I was just thinking there may be some things to pray over and break that comes from my family lineage. I also understand now why when he gifted me a sunflower, I kept thinking it's dark. Why is it dark when it's supposed to be bright. And why can't I recall the dream I had about him, a warning. Friends looked at it and said it's because it was brown in the middle, I felt different. He told me straight up his anger issues, but my mind couldn't conceive.
finished Leave the World Behind the other day and the book and movie were worlds apart. The movie emphasizes racial disharmony while the book shows them getting beyond their suspicions fairly quick. The movie advises you not to trust anyone while the book shows the couples working together. The movie says you're trapped. You can't leave by plane, boat, or car. But that wasn't in the book and they chose to hunker down.
I have a friend that isn't a Christian that told me about this film. She hasn't read the book and has been busy prepping since December. Its interesting to see the contrast.She definitely has gone all in and she's leaned into me for some guidance with my military background.
Had another possible opportunity open up at church to serve. At the prayer and fellowship night, on Friday, our interim pastor shared he was retiring. He was the one who lead the prayer night, along with a devotional, before we prayed. As I was already scheduled to lead, in two weeks, God put another scripture in mind that would be perfect for the following prayer night. Which would be right before Mother's Day. Seeing this new need, has given me an eagerness to step up and offer to lead going forward, if the church elders agree. I'll have to spend time in prayer though, to make sure its God's will. Also need to see how it goes when I have my first chance to lead, in two weeks.
@venkstra this sounds promising and a great way to serve!!! Praying as you pray where the Lord will lead.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Every once in a while he comes to mind (a thing said here on the forum.. could be driving and a memory. It is an area I need to grow in. I'm thankful for the answers and it gives me some closure and reality for my disillusionment. Hopefully this is my last search.

I'm glad you're moving forward. God has better things in store. Take what you've learned from these situations (everything wasn't bad) to help you when you rekindle engagements.

I have a friend that isn't a Christian that told me about this film. She hasn't read the book and has been busy prepping since December. Its interesting to see the contrast.She definitely has gone all in and she's leaned into me for some guidance with my military background.

You may want to mention what I said about the book and suggest she read it. The movie is very ominous and I'm not surprised she began prepping in response. I think every one should have enough food and water on hand (with prescription medicines as appropriate) to hunker down for a while if possible.

I'm sifting a lot through my spirit. I have an alarm of sorts that warns me of danger, deception and demonic activity. Sometimes the Holy Spirit will say it and sometimes the alarm goes off. I'm confirming some hunches too.

~bella

• Friendly
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You may want to mention what I said about the book and suggest she read it. The movie is very ominous and I'm not surprised she began prepping in response. I think every one should have enough food and water on hand (with prescription medicines as appropriate) to hunker down for a while if possible.
Yes, the next time we get in touch I'll have to tell her about the book. I went through a prepping period 2009-2011. But kind of got set aside for other things. Gardening has been my build towards self sufficiency, but I keep backup plans in my head for when the time comess that I need to head for the hills. I think the learning will be good and in time she'll see where to taper back. I'm curious to see where she is the next time we get together.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all." This verse came to mind tonight as I was searching for scripture to basically point fingers at someone else. It stopped me in my tracks.

And then I remembered my late biological father said 15 years ago when I had a team of people against me. As I explained the circumstances my father cut me off and said " father forgive them for they know not what they do", and then I persisted "BUT.." He cut me off again repeating " Father forgive them.." and when I did another BUt, he cut me off a third time and I got it .

I believe the scripture that came to mind tonight is relevant for the circumstance and I need to start reflecting on my own heart and not another's.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all." This verse came to mind tonight as I was searching for scripture to basically point fingers at someone else. It stopped me in my tracks.

Whenever we go to the Lord about something we must begin with ourselves. The slate must be clean. If a wrong was committed you have to forgive them first and every circumstance won't warrant judgment. Sometimes He's merciful and recompenses us in other ways. It's important to understand the difference between justice and judgement in these scenarios.

~bella

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Whenever we go to the Lord about something we must begin with ourselves. The slate must be clean. If a wrong was committed you have to forgive them first and every circumstance won't warrant judgment. Sometimes He's merciful and recompenses us in other ways. It's important to understand the difference between justice and judgement in these scenarios.

~bella
I agree and I'm thankful that scripture was brought to mind. So powerful and true. I shared with my sister and she also cried remembering our father's advice and how it helped her get through a tough time with an ex. That was one of the toughest times of her life and our relationship was strained. I had no idea he shared the same wisdom with her and that she could relate till now. It's been more than a decade since he passed. But his legacy lives on through us and how we look at the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A wretched sinner I am, cleanse me o Lord! This I continually need to remind myself.

Today I had a meeting with peers from far. One guy I met for the first time, we shared some stories but I didn't mention anything if faith. After he was outside by my car talking to a coworker. He told me about his upcoming travels to the island of Patmos, I got excited because of the story of the viper and Paul. I can't remember if it was before or after him telling me this but he handed me a cross from Bethlehem. He also gave my coworker one.

My coworker told me thank you as I drove away, and I asked him why, and he said I wouldn't have gotten one without you. I can't figure out if it was because of my cross necklace or something I said. It's nice to know if another Christian without so many words about faith. It sounds like he likes to travel everywhere, and he explained he puts travel as a priority after he had his pacemaker put in. I'm guessing he's close to my age.
1000000916.jpg

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, so, I think I got a basic plan for visiting Minnesota and Michigan in the course of a week or two shortly.

First, it's 15 hours drive north to Eden Prairie and St. Paul, MN,
Second, 9 hours northeast to a seemingly quaint town near the US-Canada border in upper Michigan called Sault Ste Marie,
Third, about 10 hours southeast to Troy and Lansing, MI, and then another 15 or so hours back southwest to my home.

Who knows? I may even see a nice place to live in a city I had never even considered along the way, and wind up there. The possibilities are endless, but I am trusting in the Lord to graciously lead me on a path that gives Him glory somehow, and myself peace. ^-^

I start my trip to Eden Prairie and beyond tomorrow morning. Please pray for my safety, and that I will get along just fine even when in the unfamiliar places that I intend to visit.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Been slowly making my way through this Netflix show the last few years. It's slow going, but I love it! :love2:

A delightful cast that sort of reminds me of Cardcaptor Sakura's characters and the rather innocent world that they live in.

unnamed.png

Reactions: venksta
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I start my trip to Eden Prairie and beyond tomorrow morning. Please pray for my safety, and that I will get along just fine even when in the unfamiliar places that I intend to visit.

Actually my sleeping is still off due to the way my work schedule was. ^_^ So I think it safer to spend this day readjusting to being awake during typical day hours, and begin my trip on Friday or Saturday instead. But may i still ask for your prayers for my sake, for whenever I do finally begin this lengthy road trip. :angel:

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟150,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Meet Susie, the latest addition to my plushie collection! :3

Susie.png
Poor Susie has been misunderstood so far! For some reason, my mom keeps calling her Amy and my dad keeps forgetting who she is. :p Plus, some fans believe she's still a villain, or a robot or a cyborg (all incorrect).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟150,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I haven't done much drawing so far this year, because I haven't come up with any good ideas in a while. And I haven't made a plushie in almost a year! :screamcat: I've been writing so much, it's hard to find time to work on other projects. :pencil:

Upvote 0