USA
✟951,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The guy from last year but I dated for 7 weeks last year but he made a connection with a girl that's a thousand miles away.

I thought it was him but wanted to confirm. How are you really? It’s okay not to be okay. ~hugs~

Take your time responding. No rush.

I’m doing okay. We’ll talk about my stuff later. Right now, look after you. :yellowheart:

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟992,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you also. I appreciate it. Blessings dear.

*gives knight's salute to Sampa*

Heidi'sSalute.gif

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you for asking. It will be a process. I'm sure. There's always silly questions of "what I did wrong", or "why did it work for him Lord and not me?"

Perhaps it’s because a part of you desires the same but rarely voice it. He represents the type of man who wants a lady on his arm who aids his growth and advancement. And you want the same.

The previous comment about the mayor or policeman's wife echoes this. You find it appealing. Your feminine essence has a scent. You don’t have to change. You need someone who appreciates that flavor. To prove this point I’ll share something I received yesterday.

You asked if I met someone. I did. I connected with a cute redhead who like you embraced femininity and the domestic lifestyle. She wore dainty dresses rather than ripped jeans, was an amazing baker, and we spoke about what life in a Cotswold cottage with a garden would be like.

But unlike you, she lacked the desire for service and submission, as well as a growth mindset, the grit that comes from picking yourself up after failure, and the zeal to embrace new experiences, which are some of the ingredients that make you such an amazing person. I have discovered these aspects are so critical in the partner I want to dedicate myself to and for the life I want to lead.

As you can see, there’s nothing wrong with her. Many men would love to have the same. He expresses why she isn't suitable. But you need the what to understand. That follows.

I want your full capability, intellect, and creativity to be in service to me. And I want to foster that drive and tranquility within you to be the best you can be. You bring out my natural leadership and masculinity in me like few others do. You inspire me to a better man.

Now you see the problem. She’s a domestic goddess but he needs more than that. She doesn’t want to do more. She’s content where she is. For the person desiring a stay-at-home wife and mother she’s perfect.

Femininity isn’t a slam dunk. :)

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for asking. It will be a process. I'm sure. There's always silly questions of "what I did wrong", or "why did it work for him Lord and not me?" My friend was surprised and said she hopes he can be happy this time.
Ironically my neighbor asked about him last Saturday and I just didn't have much thought about him...but still knew I wasn't totally over him.
I know the reality and it's not as fairytale as it appears...
You didn't necessarily do anything wrong. Compatibility is more nuanced. Even if both parties are good people who do the right things, that doesn't mean they're a sufficiently good match to warrant a lifelong commitment.

It's also worth noting that some people jump from one dysfunctional relationship to another. That doesn't mean they're doing things right.

Now you see the problem. She’s a domestic goddess but he needs more than that. She doesn’t want to do more. She’s content where she is. For the person desiring a stay-at-home wife and mother she’s perfect.
Agreed. People have different needs and preferences. Insufficient compatibility doesn't mean that either party is tragically flawed.

Vinter

Jul 17, 2021
Copenhagen
✟55,412.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I fasted for the 24 hours as I planned, back on Monday.

I don't feel different and yet I do. There were some verses in the Bible I guess I could say I stumbled upon them, I think I was led to them by God as they meant something to some of the things I prayed for.

I prayed for alot of things. I prayed for forgiveness and I prayed for wisdom and being brough closer to God and live a better Christian life. That's where the Bible verses come in.

I prayed my fondness for material gains will vanish. I do spend more than I should. That prayer got heard as I have listed things for sale wich I would not have contemplated selling just a week ago. I also get a thrill now at the thought of saving money and not go on a spending spree, wich is new to me. Before I wanted to burn my money as soon as had them.

There are still plenty of material things I could sell off and make money on it wich I have not listed for sale yet, but each day I find something that I am ready to part with where I would rather have the money.

The other thing I prayed for is a family. I have lived a very empty life and have not married and gotten kids. I feel an urge to do so. If God's plan does not involve me getting kids, at least a woman I can share my life with, as I am beginning to feel a void in my very being wich I can't ignore.

Still I am a work in progress, but for once I feel like I'm going somewhere that willl lead to something better.

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I tried 15 times to make my YouTube video tonight, but I just couldn't get it to work. Putting it away until tomorrow. I'm just mentally tired.

Also, had a job interview today! Prayers appreciated!

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Can you share your skills and experience? I see positions often. I don’t mind passing them on.
Any remote job would work great, whether writing or customer service.

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Please let us know when she has made it through, if you can, Miss Sampa.

Also take care tomorrow, as we're both working, yes? :angel:
Thank you. Just woke up and she sent a text 22 minutes ago that baby is on the way. Getting myself ready to snow blow the drive and get out to work again. Thank you! I appreciate you

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Made a major decision and closed down the last of my online dating accounts. This one I can't ever get back in without paying over $100 plus to reactivate. Trusting God with my decision and don't want to see anymore alerts.

Its supposedly the elite of the elite but I find it hard to believe as it's a ghost town that seems to preys on people with money to throw away on a monthly basis. $100-$200 a mth at the lowest tier? I made a couple friends through there.
too much money

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟101.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Having a purely online or digital relationship with a real person is never an end in its own self. For even though you often get to know people far more intimately through this means than if you were to get to know them through the traditional modes of relationship, it would still only embolden the desire to physically see them and be with them. There’s something about a purely spiritual relationship that while it is at the core of who and what we are, we as humans desire to marry it to the physical. I think the sacrifices offered to The Lord before Christ's sacrifice sum this up perfectly. And also the future resurrection; that man is not only a soul or spirit, that he is not man at all if he is not united with a body.

I find the relationship aspect of what I mentioned before shares similarities of the relationship with God. That the more He opens my eyes to who He is, the more I want to hear His voice on my ears and see Him with my eyes. To hold His hand and hug Him.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The real "What's on your mind?" thread returns.

(I deleted some stuff, because we're currently working this out.)

I'm back for now. It's nice to see you again.

What's on your mind?

--

A little history. There were 103 iterations before the change, but the last is missing:

This thread was split automatically after 1000 replies and this thread has been automatically created.
The old thread automatically closed is here:
"What's on your mind? (102)"

Last edited:
Akita Suggagaki
Akita Suggagaki
It occurs to me that politics is a distraction from dealing with deeper inner personal issues.. it is much harder to change one's self than to critique other.
Upvote 0