Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A lot of atheists won’t convert unless they get a text from God or see him in the flesh. They think that since there’s millions of false gods, the God of the Bible must be so too.
I also think there's a lot of misunderstanding over who God is. What we call God is defined in John 1:1 and Exodus 3:14. His person is fundamentally closer to order, logic, and existence itself than to a god (a lowercase god can be anything really). I think this helps explain why for centuries the field of science was largely perpetuated and maintained by adherents of the Abrahamic faiths.

It may also partly explain the decline of Christianity in the West. Many have replaced God with a kind of god. Where that has happened, atheists have a good point. Many are following gods rather than "I AM". Of course, I'd imagine most nonbelievers would say something along the lines of "I AM" is just another god, despite the fact that gods aren't "I AM" (YHWH).

• Informative
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I also think there's a lot of misunderstanding over who God is. What we call God is defined in John 1:1 and Exodus 3:14. His person is fundamentally closer to order, logic, and existence itself than to a god (a lowercase god can be anything really). I think this helps explain why for centuries the field of science was largely perpetuated and maintained by adherents of the Abrahamic faiths.

It may also partly explain the decline of Christianity in the West. Many have replaced God with a kind of god. Where that has happened, atheists have a good point. Many are following gods rather than "I AM". Of course, I'd imagine most nonbelievers would say something along the lines of "I AM" is just another god, despite the fact that gods aren't "I AM" (YHWH).
Yeah, scientists used to see the world as having a lot of order & logic, & the Bible has a God that has order & logic, so there must be a connection. Their understanding of God motivated them to find the hows & whys.

Today’s scientists don’t see the world like that. They see the world as chaotic & doesn’t match the God of the Bible, at least as he’s presented in the New Testament (they say). But the beginning of Romans observes this as well. The world isn’t what it should be.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have bad news.

The census just revealed that Christianity has declined to under 50% in England. Atheism is now in the 40%s as well. I find this very sad. This isn't a statistic of who goes to church, but who believes. I do think the churches there seem very secularized so people wonder what's the point. Thoughts from those across the pond? Why has the church (body of believers) there become so week?

As for the US, it's hard to say. We still have a lot that identify as Christian, but sometimes it's hard to tell who their God really is & what their true goal is (is it worshipping & serving God, or is it just a mask over what the goal really is?)

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A friend of mine is in hospital and not expected to make it to the end of the day. We knew this day was coming as she's been battling a brand tumour for a number of years and it's now become inoperable, but it's sooner than expected as according to her husband the hospital messed up her pain medication, and this situation was avoidable, which makes it even more tragic. :cry:

@Citanul , I hope everything is well with you and everyone else close to this person by now, under the unfortunate circumstances.

• Friendly
Reactions: Citanul
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have bad news.

The census just revealed that Christianity has declined to under 50% in England. Atheism is now in the 40%s as well. I find this very sad. This isn't a statistic of who goes to church, but who believes. I do think the churches there seem very secularized so people wonder what's the point. Thoughts from those across the pond? Why has the church (body of believers) there become so week?

As for the US, it's hard to say. We still have a lot that identify as Christian, but sometimes it's hard to tell who their God really is & what their true goal is (is it worshipping & serving God, or is it just a mask over what the goal really is?)
The same will happen here in the U.S. It's the great falling away. I fully believe many who are professing Christians will not be in Heaven.

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟241,469.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It seems it’s that time to download a dating app because I’m wishing to have someone, only for me to inevitably delete it in a week when I realize I hate online dating again.

What dating apps do y’all like best?
Wait till next year. I'll be hot by then ;)

I'm teasing! I will pray that the dating site works for you! I know it's a difficult time of year to be lonely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟96,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Wait till next year. I'll be hot by then ;)

I'm teasing! I will pray that the dating site works for you! I know it's a difficult time of year to be lonely.
Thanks, I appreciate prayers for sure… I’m hopeless! Haha- you start to think you’re fine with being single for the rest of your life, then this time of year comes around and suddenly you’re dreaming of a person to kiss on the new year. The holidays are the worst. One of the many reasons Halloween is my favorite… I can be alone and stabby then!

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,543.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
@Citanul , I hope everything is well with you and everyone else close to this person by now, under the unfortunate circumstances.

Unfortunately, I don't have any more news. She's in the UK and the news came from her husband using her phone to post to the writing WhatsApp group that she and I are both part of. I don't have any way of contacting him and it's entirely understandable that he hasn't posted again.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,543.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
It seems it’s that time to download a dating app because I’m wishing to have someone, only for me to inevitably delete it in a week when I realize I hate online dating again.

What dating apps do y’all like best?

Bumble is my favourite, although it's impossible to recommend specific apps as they can vary so much depending on where you live and what you're looking for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The same will happen here in the U.S. It's the great falling away. I fully believe many who are professing Christians will not be in Heaven.
I just looked it up. We are still in the 70%s. I know, hard to believe, right?

Upvote 0

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟96,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Free, unsolicited advice to men using a dating app by a woman frustrated with bumble to the point of deletion in less than 24 hours:
- fill out your bio and questions. You don’t want someone to judge you on looks? Give people more to base their choice on than looks!
- ESPECIALLY with Bumble where the woman is always the first to message- don’t say “want to know something, ask” and nothing else. It’s already hard for me to generate conversations out of a short profile. If you give me nothing else to talk about, don’t expect anything more than a frustrating cycle of “hey, how are you today?”
-don’t try to turn every conversation to something physical. You might think it’s super charming to talk about wanting to cuddle some girl within two messages of meeting her, but it actually screams “I’m a guy that’s going to instantly pressure you physically” and it ends the conversation every time.
-likewise, if I just asked you a thoughtful question or gave a thoughtful response.. don’t turn the conversation to “wow, you’re really pretty.” It’s not genuine and it’s not helping us get to know each other at all.

Gosh, there’s so many more I might have to make a full video or something about it. You always forget how worthless online dating is until you dip your toe in again to find such laziness and insincerity.

sampa
sampa
Match is probably the best at essay format. I think there's a minimum that the person has to put about themselves. Christian Cafe has the most questions about faith. But it has the least amount of people on it, which puts you out further distances usually.
Upvote 0
sampa
sampa
By the way am I agree with you on most everything with bumble. It's very annoying. It's also one of the few that I've had to report guys. This year I finally went on a date with a guy through there but it ended up being a big disappointment. The platform does not give much for conversation.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Free, unsolicited advice to men using a dating app by a woman frustrated with bumble to the point of deletion in less than 24 hours:
- fill out your bio and questions. You don’t want someone to judge you on looks? Give people more to base their choice on than looks!
- ESPECIALLY with Bumble where the woman is always the first to message- don’t say “want to know something, ask” and nothing else. It’s already hard for me to generate conversations out of a short profile. If you give me nothing else to talk about, don’t expect anything more than a frustrating cycle of “hey, how are you today?”
-don’t try to turn every conversation to something physical. You might think it’s super charming to talk about wanting to cuddle some girl within two messages of meeting her, but it actually screams “I’m a guy that’s going to instantly pressure you physically” and it ends the conversation every time.
-likewise, if I just asked you a thoughtful question or gave a thoughtful response.. don’t turn the conversation to “wow, you’re really pretty.” It’s not genuine and it’s not helping us get to know each other at all.

Gosh, there’s so many more I might have to make a full video or something about it. You always forget how worthless online dating is until you dip your toe in again to find such laziness and insincerity.
Sorry that was your experience. But it would make an interesting video!

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟241,469.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

If I ever decide to sign up for a dating site, I'll keep this in mind :oldthumbsup:

Could not sleep at all last night. Finally fell asleep around 5 ish. Then the neighbor kid decided to start banging on his drum set at 7:45.....

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status