What Does Your Everyday Diet Consist Of?

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sorry to hear about your condition, I'm guessing you've had to do several diets, eliminating lots of food to find out what's best for you. Is there any research favourable for your condition in the future?

I'm looking more and more into the carnivore diet as it has helped many with various problems. Have you tried this too see if it alleviates any of your symptoms or is it not suitable?

Peace be to all those in the Body of Christ.

I've had Crohn's Disease for 18 years now. I was diagnosed when I was a kid, so I've been through every diet. High protein through lots of meat (non-processed) is beneficial for me, but can get expensive. Diet has never been my cure-all, it only helps reduce some of the inflammation. I found out I can't eat jelly/jam anymore several years ago. The acidity of the fruit and high sugar content cause problems. Nuts and seeds and are no-go. Dairy is eaten with caution. It can get depressing having limited food options at times.

I have problems with my digestive tract. Have been avoiding gluten and soy. Beyond Meat contains pea protein. Quarterback Tom Brady uses whey protein bars. Lentils are good for me, easier to digest than beans. I only eat fish twice a week.

Pea Protein has actually worked better for me. I'm not fond of soy and most Crohn's patients can't tolerate dairy -> whey; but the pea protein's been working well. My mother actually made me protein bars with the pea protein mix, peanut butter, and oat flour. It turned out really well and has a consistency like gourmet fudge.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm 95 percent vegan (I eat eggs, dairy, or honey if they are in food incidentally).

I used to not be big into eating greens but now days I eat alot of greens. Mostly in stews or curries. I also eat alot of rice, potatoes, or rye bread (I get the imported German "fitness bread" because it's real sourdough bread and has a really long shelf life).

Ezekiel Bread is also good bread, but I have no particular affinity for it, it's just one of the more available breads in the US that's actually good for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
We eat organic and seasonally but our diet is evolving. I’ve begun implementing personal challenges for improvement. This month we’re forgoing takeout. We’re doing a freezer challenge in March and April to get through our supply.

On the practical side we’re developing new skills and increasing others. Cheesemaking is a new focus. We’ll use raw cow, sheep and goat milk for dairy and cheese products.

We’re focusing on fermentation and making kefir, kombucha, vinegars and fermented veggies. Preservation is the biggest shift. I’ve canned in the past. Dehydration and freeze drying add new options to increase the pantry and lessen our dependency.

Overall, I think we’re heading in the right direction and consuming a greater measure of homemade food with good ingredients. We’re trying new things like colostrum and camel milk. And creating a tea garden.

We’ve connected the changes to fitness. To increase our viability and health. I’m pleased with our progress.

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We eat organic and seasonally but our diet is evolving. I’ve begun implementing personal challenges for improvement. This month we’re forgoing takeout. We’re doing a freezer challenge in March and April to get through our supply.

On the practical side we’re developing new skills and increasing others. Cheesemaking is a new focus. We’ll use raw cow, sheep and goat milk for dairy and cheese products.

We’re focusing on fermentation and making kefir, kombucha, vinegars and fermented veggies. Preservation is the biggest shift. I’ve canned in the past. Dehydration and freeze drying add new options to increase the pantry and lessen our dependency.

Overall, I think we’re heading in the right direction and consuming a greater measure of homemade food with good ingredients. We’re trying new things like colostrum and camel milk. And creating a tea garden.

We’ve connected the changes to fitness. To increase our viability and health. I’m pleased with our progress.

I'm glad to hear you are taking steps to increase the benefit to your health and wellbeing in the long term. I agree that you heading in the right direction for these purposes. Many do not seem to care about the importance of diet and lifestyle and complain when things go wrong.

My diet is evolving into more of what was eaten many years ago before the chemical revolution, that's been poisoning our foods for decades. I have always had an awareness of nutrition due to being active throughout my life in sports and fitness.

I also intend fermenting my own foods as I think it is the most healthy choice. Good bacteria plays a huge role in health.

On looking online where others have taken up small holdings, I've noticed the benefits of freeze drying for it's storage and nutritional qualities. I think buying a freeze drier will be a useful investment in the long term.

Good luck with your goals to a healthier life and if you come across any useful tips please forward them on.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm glad to hear you are taking steps to increase the benefit to your health and wellbeing in the long term. I agree that you heading in the right direction for these purposes. Many do not seem to care about the importance of diet and lifestyle and complain when things go wrong.

Thank you. It’s been a long process. We started making changes years ago and make adjustments as needed. Some were initiated by the Lord and others were personal preferences.

I think a gradual approach is best. It allows you to fine tune the process and develop a routine. Once the shift is ingrained you can tackle something else. It all fits together.

My diet is evolving into more of what was eaten many years ago before the chemical revolution, that's been poisoning our foods for decades. I have always had an awareness of nutrition due to being active throughout my life in sports and fitness.

Congratulations. Your body will thank and serve you well. What are you eating now?

I also intend fermenting my own foods as I think it is the most healthy choice. Good bacteria plays a huge role in health.

Pick up a copy of The Art of Fermentation by Sandor Katz. Pro Home Cooks covers the subject frequently on his channel.

On looking online where others have taken up small holdings, I've noticed the benefits of freeze drying for it's storage and nutritional qualities. I think buying a freeze drier will be a useful investment in the long term.

It gives you another option for storage and minimizes waste. For example, when canning tomatoes you’re left with the skin and pulp. Most toss it. If you have a freeze dryer you can process and blend the solids. You’ll have a batch of tomato powder.

I purchased a unit recently. If you’re considering it I suggest you contact them and inquire about delivery. The company I used has a lot of demand and a 6 to 12 week wait. I had to order now to guarantee I’d have it in time for spring.

Good luck with your goals to a healthier life and if you come across any useful tips please forward them on.

Good luck to you as well. Start a thread if you want information on something specific and I’ll chime in.

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you. It’s been a long process. We started making changes years ago and make adjustments as needed. Some were initiated by the Lord and others were personal preferences.

I think a gradual approach is best. It allows you to fine tune the process and develop a routine. Once the shift is ingrained you can tackle something else. It all fits together.

Congratulations. Your body will thank and serve you well. What are you eating now?

Pick up a copy of The Art of Fermentation by Sandor Katz. Pro Home Cooks covers the subject frequently on his channel.

It gives you another option for storage and minimizes waste. For example, when canning tomatoes you’re left with the skin and pulp. Most toss it. If you have a freeze dryer you can process and blend the solids. You’ll have a batch of tomato powder.

I purchased a unit recently. If you’re considering it I suggest you contact them and inquire about delivery. The company I used has a lot of demand and a 6 to 12 week wait. I had to order now to guarantee I’d have it in time for spring.

Good luck to you as well. Start a thread if you want information on something specific and I’ll chime in.

Thank you for the info.

What are you eating now?

My diet consists of salmon(wild only, not farmed), beef, chicken breasts, turkey mince, mackerel, cod, haddock, tuna on occasion, just started eating chicken liver,
eggs, Olive oil, coconut oil, natural butter, beef dripping, full fat cream, squirty fresh cream. Protein powder on occasion.

Rice on occasion, bread rarely, potato, spaghetti sometimes, oats, oatcakes, natural yogurt, milk on occasion, apples, oranges, blueberries, raspberries, lemons, blackberries, nuts now and again.

Romaine lettuce, spinach, rocket, round lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, garlic, cucumber, bell peppers. broccoli, cauliflower, Green beans, sprouts, kale, sauerkraut, olives.

Turmeric
Cacoa raw
Chilli
Smoked paprika
Cinnamon(ceylon)
Various herbs

This is what's used mostly but not entirely. I do limit my carbs at times but this is depending on my level of activity.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Our diets are similar. :)

We eat meat and fish as well. Ancient grains and legumes. Fresh fruit and vegetables. Herbs and spices.

We rarely have rice unless its sushi. I planned to eliminate it. But the shortages forced me to keep a little (brown basmati, jasmine, and long grain) just in case.

I get bread and pastries from a bakery. I purchased a grain mill and some einkorn. I’ll be making them once again. Sourdough and milk bread will be standbys.

I like dried fruit but you have to read the label. Most of it is sweetened. I find varieties flavored with apple juice. I’ll dry my own in the summer.

We’re moving to raw milk and will make our own dairy products. I’ve done yogurt and butter in the past. Now we’re focusing on cheese. I prefer grass-fed milk with cream on top. Whole milk only.

I picked up beet powder recently for smoothies. I have collagen too. It was given to me. But colostrum is better so we’re trying that instead.

I don’t eat a lot of nuts. But I add them to granola. I make my own. Here’s a great recipe. I add nutmeg and allspice to mine and use almonds instead of walnuts. Use parchment paper.

We have pasta on occasion. Now that I have a local source for grain I’ll make it when the current supply is gone.

We don’t drink soda. I like homemade jams and condiments. I love duck eggs. They’re very filling.

Upvote 0

rayraysh

Mar 21, 2020
London
✟14,694.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My average day would be:
Breakfast: Porridge + Coffee
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Usually either soup or a salad. Some vitamins from Canada Drugs store
Snack: Popcorn
Dinner: Varies wildly but something usually around 700 calories?
Evening: Coffee + fruit depending on how fatty my dinner is I might have another snack, maybe 4 squares of chocolate or so.

I also walk quite a lot. If I'm at work I'll eat more carbs as I'm on my feet waitressing all day.
smile.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0