Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Richa Prasad has a great channel of diet tips that are science based. She's been helpful in helping me understand phenomena like weight loss plateaus, and how sometimes you need to eat more to lose weight.

In this video, she explains how low carb diets actually work, and what parts are only marketing. The dramatic initial weight loss is almost always water weight. She also talks about the political origins of junk foods and low carb diets (she's probably been reading Marion Nestle's work on the subject: the livestock and agribusiness industries were critical in shifting the conversation away from whole foods and dietary patterns to isolated nutrients).

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,076.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have lost trust in information concerning diet. There is much money to be made in the food industry and all the industries it involves so there's probably a strong hand of money in it.

There are so many contradictory results by so-called "unbiased studies".

I just avoid junk, processed foods, soda pop, and drastically limit my alcohol intake.

There's only few things all these experts agree on and that is avoiding junk food and processed foods and the benefits of fasting. That's why I do intermittent fasting.

That said, I'm on a high carb diet (cheap is the main reason I'm on high carb diet) and have maintained ~7% body fat (Navy Method) since 2021. At least 5 hrs of exercise each week (excluding resting period in between sessions) and intermittent fasting helped.

Reactions: cindi4work
Upvote 0