Trump's base gives him a 96% approval rate.

HawgWyld

May 3, 2013
Benton, Ark.
Visit site
✟21,824.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

HawgWyld

May 3, 2013
Benton, Ark.
Visit site
✟21,824.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"just 42% of respondents said they approved of Trump's performance"

That's not a 98% approval rating.

Have a look at the article -- the 96 percent rate has to do with how many of his voters still think they made the right choice. I can't say I adore Trump, but I'd still rather have him in office than Hillary Clinton.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Have a look at the article -- the 96 percent rate has to do with how many of his voters still think they made the right choice. I can't say I adore Trump, but I'd still rather have him in office than Hillary Clinton.

Interesting. How much further would he have to slide before that opinion switched...? What would be a deal-breaker?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The thread title says different. Obviously I read the article since I quoted from it. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I saw this a week or so ago, and there's something that's been bugging me.

The people who did this survey are the same people who have been showing Trump's low approval ratings. Yet, when low approval ratings are brought up, Trump supporters typically go on about how polls are biased against Trump, how they can't be trusted, how they were wrong about the election, blah blah blah.

But now that a poll comes out that says something favorable towards Trump, he and his supporters jump on it like a hungry dog on a hot strip of bacon.

Maybe it's just me, but that strikes me as extremely two-faced. You can't badmouth a source, then champion it just because it says something you like.

It's like there's a growing segment of people who believe that only good things are true about Trump, and anything bad has to be ignored.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The rise of a more nationalistic right wing outlook is sweeping across Europe and the United States, that poll has more to do with the fact that globalism is receding while nationalism is on the rise, then Trump. They don't want to listen to the concerns of far too many people and there is going to be backlash until they do. I still maintain Trump is a brick through the window, if you guys don't want to listen we will send this goon to Washington and if they don't get the message, he could conceivably be reelected.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

The people who did this survey are the same people who have been showing Trump's low approval ratings. Yet, when low approval ratings are brought up, Trump supporters typically go on about how polls are biased against Trump, how they can't be trusted, how they were wrong about the election, blah blah blah.

But now that a poll comes out that says something favorable towards Trump, he and his supporters jump on it like a hungry dog on a hot strip of bacon.

Maybe it's just me, but that strikes me as extremely two-faced. You can't badmouth a source, then champion it just because it says something you like.

It's like there's a growing segment of people who believe that only good things are true about Trump, and anything bad has to be ignored.
The way I read it, the majority don't approve of the president, but they'd still vote for him today even knowing how things would go. To me, it sounds more like they'd still vote against Hillary.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The rise of a more nationalistic right wing outlook is sweeping across Europe and the United States, that poll has more to do with the fact that globalism is receding while nationalism is on the rise, then Trump. They don't want to listen to the concerns of far too many people and there is going to be backlash until they do. I still maintain Trump is a brick through the window, if you guys don't want to listen we will send this goon to Washington and if they don't get the message, he could conceivably be reelected.

Two things that will really effect the next Presidential election:
1) Do the Democrats run someone that people want to vote for
2) Has Trump started to cause his base pain

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The way I read it, the majority don't approve of the president, but they'd still vote for him today even knowing how things would go. To me, it sounds more like they'd still vote against Hillary.
We now know, turkeys can fly, Les Nessman, on`WKRP in Cincinnati', just went about it wrong. One became President of the United States.

• Haha
Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Two things that will really effect the next Presidential election:
1) Do the Democrats run someone that people want to vote for

Daffy Duck could get the nomination in 2019 if he is progressive enough. The question is can we get a candidate that isn't a left wing radical, my guess, probably not.

2) Has Trump started to cause his base pain

No, they are still angry, disenfranchised and ignored by the status quo of either party.

• Haha
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Daffy Duck could get the nomination in 2019 if he is progressive enough. The question is can we get a candidate that isn't a left wing radical, my guess, probably not.

I'm going to maintain that Bernie Sanders would have beaten Donald Trump and, at the very least, his long track record shows that he means what he says.

Reactions: Icewater
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm going to maintain that Bernie Sanders would have beaten Donald Trump and, at the very least, his long track record shows that he means what he says.
Agreed! He certainly would have been at least qualified for the job. My point would be that Sanders would have been a brick through the window that would have known what to do in office. Maybe the disenfranchised aren't ready for that yet but if they don't start listening, all bets are off.

• Agree
Reactions: Icewater
Upvote 0

HawgWyld

May 3, 2013
Benton, Ark.
Visit site
✟21,824.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You've just described the state of American politics over the past 25 years. No one is objective when it comes to their "side." We saw the same phenomenon with Obama, Bush II and Bill Clinton. Nothing is new with Trump in that regard.

Upvote 0