"This is an actual incitement": Legal experts alarmed after Trump pushes "citizen's arrest"

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday reposted a Truth Social post calling for a "citizen's arrest" of New York Attorney General Letitia James and Judge Arthur Engoron, who is overseeing his fraud trial. Trump shared a post by a user describing his "fantasy": "I WOULD LIKE TO SEE LITITIA JAMES AND JUDGE ENGORON PLACED UNDER CITIZENS ARREST FOR BLATANT ELECTION INTERFERENCE AND HARASSMENT."
Legal experts expressed alarm over the post. "Sometimes he says incendiary things that his followers act on, as in 'will be wild.' This is an actual incitement to break the law and it greatly endangers the judge and AG," tweeted former U.S. Attorney Harry Litman. George Washington University Law Prof. Jonathan Turley, who frequently defends Trump in the media, also warned: "Just in case anyone is taking such a statement as more than a fantasy, there is no basis for a citizen’s arrest and such an effort to physically hold either the judge or the attorney general would most certainly constitute a criminal act."
"Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest!?"

Last edited:

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday reposted a Truth Social post calling for a "citizen's arrest" of New York Attorney General Letitia James and Judge Arthur Engoron, who is overseeing his fraud trial. Trump shared a post by a user describing his "fantasy": "I WOULD LIKE TO SEE LITITIA JAMES AND JUDGE ENGORON PLACED UNDER CITIZENS ARREST FOR BLATANT ELECTION INTERFERENCE AND HARASSMENT."
Legal experts expressed alarm over the post. "Sometimes he says incendiary things that his followers act on, as in 'will be wild.' This is an actual incitement to break the law and it greatly endangers the judge and AG," tweeted former U.S. Attorney Harry Litman. George Washington University Law Prof. Jonathan Turley, who frequently defends Trump in the media, also warned: "Just in case anyone is taking such a statement as more than a fantasy, there is no basis for a citizen’s arrest and such an effort to physically hold either the judge or the attorney general would most certainly constitute a criminal act."
Late irony Age?

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Unfortunately, someone did. Things did not end well for anyone.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The system cannot believe the control it has over the masses can be turned back on itself and will of course show great distress that anyone even thinks of it. How dare we meddle with the rule of man.
Trump isn’t going to get someone to Second-Amendment his legal troubles away, probably.
He better hope not.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Stephen3141

Mar 14, 2023
Southwest
✟40,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
(The problem with all of Trump's promotion of extra-judicial rioting and arrests,
is that they are extra-judicial. They bypass the fair rule of law in America.

They bypass the due process of law.
They bypass the strict rules for evidence, as being accepted in a courtroom.
They bypass the judges duly appointed in the Justice Department.
They bypass the Department of Justice's use of law enforcement, if they
do make use of law enforcement officers.

Trump is completely extra-judicial and lawless.
He is not for law and order.)

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums