Trump attorney says presidents can’t be prosecuted for selling pardons or ordering murders

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The "angry mob" never got close to Vice President Pence or Nancy Pelosi, or any of the rest of the members of the Senate and Congress. If I am incorrect, then prove me wrong.
Good grief...haven't you read the reports? From here: Killing of Ashli Babbitt - Wikipedia

'On the other side of those doors, many lawmakers and staff were being evacuated by Capitol Police, but some were trapped in the House balcony.'

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have read the reports. I don't believe Wikipedia is an accurate news source. I have not seen proof as to how close the politicians were to Babbit's group.
I can't find the video right now (and it might not be a permitted link if I could), but the space they were tying to break into was being used by Representatives to evacuate the House Chamber less than 1 minute before the shooting.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have read the reports. I don't believe Wikipedia is an accurate news source. I have not seen proof as to how close the politicians were to Babbit's group.

As Hans Blaster notes, find one of the videos of the Babbitt shooting. It literally shows members of Congress in that hallway less than a minute before Babbitt tries going through the doors.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There are links in the wiki. You can follow those or check any news report of the incident. It was reported multiple times. I find it difficult to comprehend that you asked for proof. Suggesting to me that you hadn't read much about it. Yet here you are arguing against something you seem to know little about.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know about y'all, but I can travel a fair amount of distance in a minute. Also, it is also now well known that those protestors did not have any firearms.
I guess you have some information about everyone being searched? After the fact?

It now seems that your plan would be 'Hey, just let them through. All the congressmen and women can outrun these guys. They have a good 60 seconds head start. No problem. And gee, what's the chance that one or more are armed anyway? Here, miss. Let me help you through that window'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't know about y'all, but I can travel a fair amount of distance in a minute. Also, it is also now well known that those protestors did not have any firearms.

A guy was sentenced *LAST WEEK* who *LOST* his hand gun at the Capitol. At least a half-dozen handguns are *known* to be present in the crowd.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Are you a middle aged or older person? I'm not sure how fast some of those Congresspersons can run -- I'm guessing some of the younger people in the mob, and it sounds like you, could easily catch up with many of the Congresspersons.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you a middle aged or older person? I'm not sure how fast some of those Congresspersons can run -- I'm guessing some of the younger people in the mob, and it sounds like you, could easily catch up with many of the Congresspersons.

Speaker Pelosi, spry as she may be, ain't running any 4 minute mile.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am 59.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are links in the wiki. You can follow those or check any news report of the incident. It was reported multiple times. I find it difficult to comprehend that you asked for proof. Suggesting to me that you hadn't read much about it. Yet here you are arguing against something you seem to know little about.
I appreciate your effort. However, everyone who is serious about debating understands that one cannot rely upon Wikipedia for non-biased results.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate your effort. However, everyone who is serious about debating understands that one cannot rely upon Wikipedia for non-biased results.
Wiki is a precis. The first stop. A short introduction to any given subject. The links it gives are to the places from where the information was taken. You can check details yourself. And we are not talking about some obscure scientific detail or a matter of opinion. It's a simple matter of fact. Reports about this were legion.

Here's one: Lawmakers Were Feet and Seconds Away From Confrontation With the Mob in the Capitol

And another: Several Congressmen Fought Off Capitol Rioters — and Some of Them Still Went On to Vote with Trump

And another: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...62e434-567c-11eb-a08b-f1381ef3d207_story.html

I mean, for heaven's sake man. I would say that you should check these out. But you should know this. It was one of the biggest events of last year. It was global news. And you seem to know very little about it.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's ridiculous that trump doesn't want the border fixed. He had a good start on the walls until Biden took over and started pulling them down!
Biden hasn't pulled the wall down; that's ridiculous. It is the same wall as before.

By the way, why necro a thread just to derail it?

Upvote 0