The wheat and the tares... Thought(s)... The field being the mind....

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I wonder if, in the parable of the wheat and the tares, can reflect the mind and thoughts...?

The enemy sows the wicked thoughts, and Jesus sows the good ones... And how not to try and uproot the bad ones or tares or weeds, until harvest time comes, or the good is ripe for harvest... Maybe because, the root systems are often "intertwined" and lest you uproot the good with the bad...?

Oftentimes our traumas, or the bad, is intertwined with the good in and being produced or grown in us...

But, when the good is ripe and ready for harvest of to keep, (maybe when Jesus comes back) the Good will be kept and preserved, while the bad will be done away with...

Jesus also said that the field represented the world also, but I think it could apply to individuals as well...

What do you think...?

Reactions: anonymouswho

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not a bad analogy. However, Matthew 13 is written entirely to a Jewish audience in that day. That is revealed ten times in the chapter.

The Kingdom of God or the Kingdom of Heaven in this context describes the Kingdom on earth when Jesus returns, to be seated on the Throne of David.

Jesus describes the difference between those who inherit the Kingdom (the wheat) and those who do not (the tares).

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Not a bad analogy. However, Matthew 13 is written entirely to a Jewish audience in that day. That is revealed ten times in the chapter.

The Kingdom of God or the Kingdom of Heaven in this context describes the Kingdom on earth when Jesus returns, to be seated on the Throne of David.

Jesus describes the difference between those who inherit the Kingdom (the wheat) and those who do not (the tares).
I find it interesting that almost all of the parables seem to have multiple, and multiple "levels" of meanings and interpretations, don't you...?

Living water, I guess... Unending supply... Wealth of knowledge...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if, in the parable of the wheat and the tares, can reflect the mind and thoughts...?

The enemy sows the wicked thoughts, and Jesus sows the good ones... And how not to try and uproot the bad ones or tares or weeds, until harvest time comes, or the good is ripe for harvest... Maybe because, the root systems are often "intertwined" and lest you uproot the good with the bad...?

Oftentimes our traumas, or the bad, is intertwined with the good in and being produced or grown in us...

But, when the good is ripe and ready for harvest of to keep, (maybe when Jesus comes back) the Good will be kept and preserved, while the bad will be done away with...

Jesus also said that the field represented the world also, but I think it could apply to individuals as well...

What do you think...?

Not sure I agree with this analogy. We are told not to try to root up the tares because we might accidentally be uprooting wheat. In terms of the mind and thoughts, we're definitely responsible for guarding our mind and thoughts and we must be able to identify good ones from bad ones.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
The field is the world, Jesus actually clearly said so.

Matthew 13:38New King James Version (NKJV)
38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one.

The parable clearly teaches Christ (God ) plants the good seed and the devil the bad seed, and good seed does not turn into bad seed, or bad seed into good seed. Each one bears the mark of their origin. This talking about persons (SONS) not minds.

And teaches there are no innocent non aligned persons. Everyone has a destiny of hell or heaven.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The field is the world, Jesus actually clearly said so.

Matthew 13:38New King James Version (NKJV)
38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one.

The parable clearly teaches Christ (God ) plants the good seed and the devil the bad seed, and good seed does not turn into bad seed, or bad seed into good seed. Each one bears the mark of their origin. This talking about persons (SONS) not minds.

And teaches there are no innocent non aligned persons. Everyone has a destiny of hell or heaven.
I said that...

But, many parables have numerous applications

God Bless!

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
I said that...

But, many parables have numerous applications

God Bless!
Parables were explained by Christ to the disciples as to the meaning.
The understanding of parables is given only to those who are the disciples, of whom were also the apostles.
To those who are outsiders from the kingdom of God, they will not be given to understand, lest they understand with their hearts. Christ had no intention of outsiders gaining understanding, this is only for those He has chosen to be His. This is a crucial important principle even today about the kingdom of God, you do not give holy things to pigs and dogs cause they will trample them and crush you. God must create in unbelievers the new heart to receive spiritual things of God, back to the 'you must be born again' to enter the kingdom of God..

Matthew 13:9-17New King James Version (NKJV)
9 He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”

The Purpose of Parables
10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”

11 He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them.’

16 But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear; 17 for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Example of this.
Matthew 7:6
“Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

If Christ tells you not to do that, you can be certain He does not either.

Same idea as to you don't put new wine into old wineskins, because they will burst- break. New wine of spiritual things of God - Christ - Holy Spirit must go into new wineskins, the new heart. It just can not work for God to give unspiritual people spiritual truths.

Example

1 Corinthians 2:13-15New King James Version (NKJV)
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.

Upvote 0