Texas
✟62,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I like them because I have trouble concentrating on an entire book.

I often have that problem. I guess that's why I have half a dozen stacked in various stages of reading. :rolleyes: But if I find something that really grabs me I can get it done in a day or two.

• Informative
Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
What's the name of the channel? Is it over the air (antenna) or cable? What do you mean when you say it disappeared?
Channel 46 had Christian TV all day for years. Now it's gone. I scanned the channels and found a few preachers on UPTV but after a few hours it was movies. I never heard of UPTV until today. I've had cable since 1994.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Channel 46 had Christian TV all day for years. Now it's gone. I scanned the channels and found a few preachers on UPTV but after a few hours it was movies. I never heard of UPTV until today. I've had cable since 1994.

Could be the cable company dropped it, or if it was part of a local TV station lineup they dropped it. It happens all the time. I'm sorry you lost your channel. :(

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So, Monday is "get sugar out our diet forever day". Personally, not on the calendar. ;) I've stopped putting sugar in the bread I bake. Wondering if anyone has a bread recipe to share that they really like. And we're going to be leaning toward healthy soups. Any good soup recipes out there? The simpler the better!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Ours was nice and quiet.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hello, how is everyone?:snowman:

I'm deliberately housebound until the weather reaches the double digits.
They remodeled our Walmart. I've only been there once. I couldn't find things and had to take my ride home with only a few items and very tired legs. I can't order online until the snow outside melts. The driveway and porch are buried. :snowflake:

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi everyone! Nice to see you all again. :wave: I've missed you all on GE, but have been a bit busy (and lazy probably too)! I've changed churches, due to travel problems to my old one, and am very happy where I am. God is so good.

I ate all of my grandson's Christmas present except the Christmas Tree shaped Snickers. So I have to replace the Flipz white fudge covered pretzels!:blush1:
That is so much like me. :D

I had an endoscopy in November. My GP fast-tracked it as a cancer risk, but thankfully the biopsies came back benign; praise God. :clap:(Have you heard the joke about a class of children being asked "What is benign?" and some kid answered "Be nine is what you be after you be eight"!)

After the doctor told me it all looked okay from the cancer angle, he said that I had a hiatus hernia. Far less serious thankfully. However the relatively trivial bad news began: no eating too late at night :frowning:, no spicy food :astonished: and chocolate is one of the worst things for it :sob:! So I gave up chocolate. That lasted six weeks (which is five weeks, six days and 20 hours more than my attempts at veganism, which only lasted between mackerel salad at lunchtime and chicken curry in the evening if you don't count the milk I put in my afternoon cup of tea. :D). Then Christmas came and with it boxes of chocolates. So I'm back to eating chocolate but less of it. Thankfully that seems to be okay, and my doctor said I can go by whether or not the symptoms reappear, which thankfully they haven't even with moderately spicy food.

Hello, how is everyone?:snowman:

I'm deliberately housebound until the weather reaches the double digits.
They remodeled our Walmart. I've only been there once. I couldn't find things and had to take my ride home with only a few items and very tired legs. I can't order online until the snow outside melts. The driveway and porch are buried. :snowflake:

I hope that is soon Rescued One!

Hoping everyone is well and a belated Happy New Year to you all. :)

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

godisagardener,

I hope you're doing well and your veggie garden, too! (Can't get the bold to go away.)

My daughter flew to San Antonio and is there for a teacher's convention.

The veggies are growing! We have green onions a foot tall, spinach and mustard greens about two inches. Hope to get a few more things planted next week.

I was born in San Antonio! It has grown immensely. It's a nice area, the smaller towns surrounding it have a lot of great things going on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
What can old people talk about? I have nothing to say that interests younger people. I hardly have a life!

How are you doing, rebornfree? I'm glad you don't have cancer!
Thanks Rescued One. I'm doing well at the moment. The hernia seems to be behaving itself when I take the medication and I am still eating some chocolate! :D I love my new Church and we had some wonderful Easter services.

How are you (apart from getting bored)? BTW do you know that they have Wordle on here? I've only started doing it recently. Bible Wordle Unlimited Style Game by Gamies.org (I can't believe I've actually managed to copy the link! :D )

Have you found your Christian TV channel again?

I think most of my conversation with young people is asking them about their jobs and their families. I then say a bit about what I did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thanks Rescued One. I'm doing well at the moment. The hernia seems to be behaving itself when I take the medication and I am still eating some chocolate! :D I love my new Church and we had some wonderful Easter services.

How are you (apart from getting bored)? BTW do you know that they have Wordle on here? I've only started doing it recently. Bible Wordle Unlimited Style Game by Gamies.org (I can't believe I've actually managed to copy the link! :D )

Have you found your Christian TV channel again?

I think most of my conversation with young people is asking them about their jobs and their families. I then say a bit about what I did.
The only young people I see are relatives and people who come to great-grandkids' parties. And the only things I do are buy groceries and go to medical appointments and emergency room. I ran out of one of my meds and it took 4 days to replace it.

I'm going to look at the link you provided. Thank you.

I found the Christian TV channel! That's a help.

I ordered a few blouses and pants. That's fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0