Discussion The Spirit the Blood, Compassion, Dogma and Church Law?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
For salvation we know commonly that it is the Spirit by faith that can save us. Church law is built around having a clear conscience to take communion. Recipients need to know the church's account of right from wrong to participate. Confession before communion is important. Although for sins like fornication merely confessing is not sufficient. It seems that some think we can be saved by church law and dogma to obtain a spiritual high of taking communion as the centre point of their faith.

To have a cleaned heart and conscience, whether to take communion or to see healing, or face a task... we need the Spirit's presence and power, and the blood of Jesus. Things like tongues, the fire of God, living water, the anointing, Jesus' sacred blood... these are needed over a system of rules. Although the understanding of the laws help overall understanding. But they can also contain errors.

When we die, is Jesus going to ask us about our dogma and church law or about our compassion and live caring discernment? Questions recounted from near death experiences are "what have you done for your fellow man?" "Do you love me?" "What have you done with your life?" Jesus wants compassion. He gives us His Spirit and His blood through faith, grace, not laws.

Church laws between denominations can lead to conflict like the Thirty Years War and the remnants of troubles in Northern Ireland. We don't want to retain or see it start in Africa or India, South Korea or Brazil or China or Russia...

I would like to emphasize the graces, the blessings that lead to a clear conscience and a clean heart, strength and God sourced agape love. To wisdom and the fruit of the Spirit like patience in dying to self. And that the high point is more so in the grace rather than in communion.

And I would emphasize church fellowship and compassion over disputing and fighting, accusing and so on. Hunger for God is our basis for unity. Such as with Catholics and Anglicans. With disputes on worshiping Mary and angels... they should be solved with simple discussion and testing fruits. The same Spirit gives us our graces, and we worship Him.

Last edited: