Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
When talking about immigrants and saying they are "Poisoning the blood of our country"
What does that mean?

All I can think of it meaning is that the speaker is worried about ethnicity becoming mixed, like mixed blood. As in, people of certain ethnicities, their blood is poison or bad and degrades the overall gene pool.

I'd like to think that this isn't an overtly racist troupe though, but I am struggling to think of a better explanation as to what is meant by "Poisoning the blood of our country"

Can someone help me out here. What is a positive and less racist way to interpret this?

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When talking about immigrants and saying they are "Poisoning the blood of our country"
What does that mean?

All I can think of it meaning is that the speaker is worried about ethnicity becoming mixed, like mixed blood. As in, people of certain ethnicities, their blood is poison or bad and degrades the overall gene pool.

I'd like to think that this isn't an overtly racist troupe though, but I am struggling to think of a better explanation as to what is meant by "Poisoning the blood of our country"

Can someone help me out here. What is a positive and less racist way to interpret this?
There isn't one. And yet people still like it.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What does that mean?

Links, please.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Links, please.
It's very easy to find, just use Google or any internet search tool and search for "Poisoning the blood of our country"

Here, about 7-8 seconds into the video

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's very easy to find, just use Google or any internet search tool and search for "Poisoning the blood of our country"

Here, about 7-8 seconds into the video
He's not talking about illegal immigrants poisoning the blood of our country. The "they" that Trump is referencing is the political party in power that is enabling and even expediting the massive amount of illegal immigration.

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He's not talking about illegal immigrants poisoning the blood of our country. The "they" that Trump is referencing is the political party in power that is enabling and even expediting the massive amount of illegal immigration.
So in the context of Democrats running USA what does "Poisoning the blood of our country" mean? and how does immigration poison blood?

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's symbolic language that is describing the very negative effects that massive illegal immigration is having upon our nation.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's symbolic language that is describing the very negative effects that massive illegal immigration is having upon our nation.
But what is meant by "blood" is he talking about DNA and gene pool?
When people talk about crime or global warming or inflation they don't talk about "poisoning the blood of the country"

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So it’s not the immigrants poisoning us, it’s the Democrats who are poisoning us with immigrants?

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are y'all sure you ain't over reacting to symbolism, metaphors, and figures of speech?

By the way, have you seen the news concerning minority Americans in the sanctuary cities such as Chicago and New York reacting to the amount of resources being given by city and state governments to the illegal immigrants in these cities? I don't understand why liberals believe that allowing illegal immigration is a winning strategy for the Democratic Party.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Are y'all sure you ain't over reacting to symbolism, metaphors, and figures of speech?
That's why I've created this thread, to try and work out what is meant by "poisoning the blood of the country"

By the way, have you seen the news concerning minority Americans in the sanctuary cities such as Chicago and New York reacting to the amount of resources being given by city and state governments to the illegal immigrants in these cities? I don't understand why liberals believe that allowing illegal immigration is a winning strategy for the Democratic Party.
You could create a thread about this.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Given his past statements, and some of the other rhetoric being pushed by his fanbase, no.

My personal favorite example to use when supporting my claim that Trump is a racist is the time he told the members of the Squad to go back and fix their home countries before trying to fix ours. In one fell swoop, he described three non-white women as non-Americans, communicated that they have no business participating in government because of where (he believed) they came from, and showed himself to be cruel and ignorant because three of them were born in the US and one is a naturalized citizen who came here as a refugee when she was a child.

No, appealing to the disgusting racist inclinations in his base is 100% on brand for him.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I can't speak about it being a winning strategy for Democrats, but for me the issue is about loving others as I would want to be loved. When I see those migrants, I'm moved with compassion for them, and I don't believe they are poisoning the blood of America.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I've read a lot of low grade Donald apologia on CF, but this truly bottom of the barrel. The gaslighting is even worse.

He's talking about brown and black immigrants poisoning the blood of "Americans" meaning white people. Some of us actually remember him ranting about (feces)hole countries and wondering why we don't have more immigration from Norway.

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,680.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
“That’s what they’ve done. They poison mental institutions and prisons all over the world, not just in South America, not just to three or four countries that we think about, but all over the world. They’re coming into our country from Africa, from Asia, all over the world.”
“Illegal immigration is poisoning the blood of our nation.”

You sure about that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
“That’s what they’ve done. They poison mental institutions and prisons all over the world, not just in South America, not just to three or four countries that we think about, but all over the world. They’re coming into our country from Africa, from Asia, all over the world.”
“Illegal immigration is poisoning the blood of our nation.”

You sure about that?
Yes. I am sure about that because I listened to what he said in that speech just before the part that y'all are misinterpreting big time.

• Useful
Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,680.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes. I am sure about that because I listened to what he said in that speech just before the part that y'all are misinterpreting big time.
Well listened, but apparently didn't understand, judging by the quotes I posted. I think you are the one misinterpreting here.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I listened to it, too. There is no missing context. The line about “15 or 16 million” people is the first sentence on the subject. This link has a video that includes the “poisoning” line along with about a minute preceding it.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Because they plan on giving them the right to vote.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But what is meant by "blood" is he talking about DNA and gene pool?
When people talk about crime or global warming or inflation they don't talk about "poisoning the blood of the country"
It was something stupid that he said and it’s indefensible. He says a lot of stupid things that would damage most politicians but it doesn’t seem to affect his popularity among Republicans

Upvote 0