What "Spirit" for Paul is a far greater glory than the "letters etched in stone"?

What "Spirit" for Paul is a far greater glory than the "letters etched in stone"?

• Paul's "Spirit" is Jesus as the model "Spirit" for us to be doing likewise.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paul's "Spirit" is the Holy Spirit as an excuse to do our own thing different from Jesus.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
You can believe in God as a Unitarian and NOT believe in the Son Jesus Christ. Then you would NOT be obeying His commandment.
Brother, that is part of the Eleventh Commandment and not the total of the Eleven Commandments in the new covenant. Human beings have said Jesus replaced His Ten Commandments with an Eleventh Commandment when Jesus asks us to obey "all" His Eleven Commandments in the following passage where, having answered with the previous Ten Commandments, Jesus adds "one more thing you haven't done", bringing the total after Him of Eleven Commandments. The following passage tells us that Jesus has given us an Eleventh Commandment with the phrase "one thing you haven't done", after answering the question with: you know "the commandments"! Jesus' answer makes the "one thing you haven't done" an additional Eleventh Commandment. Consistent with us knowing the additional Eleventh Commandment in the new covenant of following Jesus' example. Paul says, Jesus is our model "Spirit" to follow. We are not to follow Judaism's human system of "law" that sabotaged the Ten Commandments to not remove sin in the resulting sons of Hagar, instead of God's will that we be sons of Sarah obeying His previous Ten Commandments as well as the new Eleventh Commandment.

Once a religious leader asked Jesus this question: “Good Teacher, what should I do to inherit eternal life?” “Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked him. “Only God is truly good. But to answer your question, you know the commandments (entolé): ‘You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. Honor your father and mother.’” The man replied, “I’ve obeyed all these commandments since I was young.” When Jesus heard his answer, he said, “There is still one thing you haven’t done. Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” (Luke 18:18-22 NLT)​

The new Eleventh Commandment above is found in the following passage, where to do "just as I have" is to "follow" His example by keeping a total of Eleven Commandments when Jesus adds one more to the previous Ten Commandments, saying above: "there is still one thing you haven't done".

As soon as Judas left the room, Jesus said, “The time has come for the Son of Man to enter into his glory, and God will be glorified because of him. And since God receives glory because of the Son, he will give his own glory to the Son, and he will do so at once. Dear children, I will be with you only a little longer. And as I told the Jewish leaders, you will search for me, but you can’t come where I am going. So now I am giving you a new commandment (entolé): Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” (John 13:31-35 NLT)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is still one thing you haven’t done. Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” (Luke 18:18-22 NLT)

The new Eleventh Commandment above is found in the following passage, where to do "just as I have" is to "follow" His example by keeping a total of Eleven Commandments when Jesus adds one more to the previous Ten Commandments, saying above: "there is still one thing you haven't done".
You make certain that you rest on Saturday. Right?
Have you also sold all your posessions to go follow the Lord ?

The computer that you are right now using,
have you sold it yet and distributed the proceeds to the poor?

Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
You make certain that you rest on Saturday. Right? Have you also sold all your possessions to go follow the Lord? The computer that you are right now using, have you sold it yet and distributed the proceeds to the poor?
Brother, Jesus is now in the Heavenly temple interceding daily as our High Priest to give us as many chances as we need to grow in obedience to the current Eleven Commandments. Jesus is the far greater glory of the new covenant where Jesus has put God's law in our hearts by having us do the same as Jesus in obeying the Ten Commandments and not as Judaism's disobedience of replacing the Ten Commandments with human tradition. The Ten Commandments which Jesus rescued from Judaism's disobedience by having replaced them with human traditions, much like our modern Sunday in place of the Sabbath in the Fourth Commandment.

Later Jesus said to them again, “I am going away. You will search for me but will die in your sin. You cannot come where I am going.” (John 8:21 NLT)​

Importantly, Jesus is no longer walking the earth for us to follow Jesus as the disciples followed Jesus. If Jesus was still walking with us on Earth, then yes, I would sell everything I had to walk with Jesus as the best use of my time, expressed by Jesus in the following passage. Jesus tells Martha that Mary had found the best use of her time when she decided to sit at Jesus' feet, or even better would be to sell everything she had to walk with Jesus as the disciples walked with Jesus! The computer you mentioned gives me a world pulpit to share God's word with other students of the word of God in this forum. It has not slowed my growth in understanding the word of God but has led to growth through collaboration with other students of the word of God. However, importantly, this part is disqualified in the second passage below as the Eleventh Commandment, because the second passage says it does not show love as is shown by obeying all the Eleven commandments.

As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught. But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.” But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.” (Luke 10:38-42 NLT)​

Critical to the understanding of the passage where Jesus adds one more Eleventh Commandment to the previous Ten Commandments is that the part of selling everything you have is disqualified as the Eleventh Commandment in the following passage, because the following passage says it does not show love, which is shown by all the Eleven commandments.

If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing. (1 Corinthians 13:3 NLT)​

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, Jesus is now in the Heavenly temple interceding daily as our High Priest to give us as many chances as we need to grow in obedience to the current Eleven Commandments.
It sounds like you had hesitation to answer straighforwardly Yes or No the question about your "Eleventh Commandment."(Matt. 19:21)

Jesus said to him, If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in the heavens; and come, follow Me.

Continue however reading the rest of His words there. You'll find encouragement.
No need to go away in sorrow like that young man.

And when the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and said, Who then can be saved?
And looking upon them, Jesus said to them, With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. (vs.25,26)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
It sounds like you had hesitation to answer straighforwardly Yes or No the question about your "Eleventh Commandment."(Matt. 19:21)
Brother, no! I will not sell everything I have to give to the poor because the scriptures tell me doing so is not an act of love and worth nothing when I am doing more for God's work by managing, in service to Jesus, what God has entrusted to me. I was very specific with biblical support that the part you highlight about selling everything to give to the poor is not the Eleventh Commandment but what comes after with the statement "follow me". "Follow me" is the Eleventh Commandment! I will provide additional biblical support again with something else I noticed while answering with the following passage that shows you are wrong about your simplistic understanding of the meaning of Jesus' death on the cross, not granting forgiveness for sin on the cross, but Jesus' sacrifice is what allows Jesus to forgive in the temple daily as our High Priest. What I noticed is that their deaths would take place after Jesus' death, but Jesus says you "will die in your sin", even though their death took place after Jesus' death on the cross, because sin is not forgiven on the cross, but on the daily High Priestly ministry of Jesus in the heavenly temple for which there is more biblical evidence in the second passage below.

Later Jesus said to them again, “I am going away. You will search for me but will die in your sin. You cannot come where I am going.” (John 8:21 NLT)​

In support of the above passage, where forgiveness is not given at the cross, is the next passage where forgiveness is obtained every time you pray on the condition that you have forgiven others. In the following passage, God has made His forgiveness also conditional on our forgiving others their sin against us, or God will not forgive us our sin at the time we ask for forgiveness in prayer. Before the Father placed Jesus as our High Priest, you turned to the earthly temple with human priests and animal sacrifices to benefit from God's many forgivnesses. Since the Father placed Jesus as our High Priest to give many faster "daily" forgivenesses than animal sacrifices, now you pray for forgiveness, which takes place in the true heavenly temple where Jesus serves as our High Priest for the many "daily" forgivenesses mentioned in the following passage through prayer, for which the earthly was a shadow, a temporary stand-in copy for the true heavenly temple:

Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy. May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us today the food we need, and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us. And don’t let us yield to temptation, but rescue us from the evil one. “If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins. (Matthew 6:9-15 NLT)​

Last edited:
Upvote 0