Should Christians support Rebuilding of Jerusalem Third Temple.

Should Christians support Jerusalem Third Temple?

• Yes... the words of Ezekiel must come to pass.

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • No.... it will lead to the rise of the Anti-Christ fellow.

• Yes.... living waters will flow from the restored Third Temple.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • No... Christians must not support animal sacrifice.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • I am not certain but I will research this question further.

• No... this could cause a war to break out.

Votes: 5 6.9%

• Total voters

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
How a Christian FEELS about such things is supposed to be based on what the Bible tells him about it and not on personal preferences or personal interpretations which are used to support such preferences or feelings.

The following scriptures warn us against such an activity:

I totally agree and believe that this statement by Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus backs up every word in Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and the minor Prophets.

Luke 24:25

"Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:"

If even the terrible predictions about the death, burial and resurrection of Messiah were fulfilled.... then how much more so all prophecies related to the "restoration of all things?"

Doesn't the restoration of all things include Ezekiel chapters 40 - 48?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I totally agree and believe that this statement by Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus backs up every word in Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and the minor Prophets.

"Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:"

If even the terrible predictions about the death, burial and resurrection of Messiah were fulfilled.... then how much more so all prophecies related to the "restoration of all things?"

The restoration of all things cannot include a law that is described in the NT as having fulfilled its purpose and which had been a mere shadow of the reality that was fulfilled in Christ as clearly explained in the book of Hebrews.

Hebrews 10:1
The old system under the law of Moses was only a shadow, a dim preview of the good things to come, not the good things themselves. The sacrifices under that system were repeated again and again, year after year, but they were never able to provide perfect cleansing for those who came to worship.

Colossians 2:17
These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Let me illustrate in case you are not aware. By shadow Paul is referring to a prophetic representation. For example, the most holy of the Temple represented heaven. The High priest represented Jesus,. As the high priest entered the most holy with the value of the blood of animals so Jesus fulfilled that prophetic shadow by entering heaven itself with the redeeming power of his own blood offered to cover our sins.

John 1:29
The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

In that way he fulfilled the Law and the shadows were no longer needed. In short, the Temple and its sacrifices were there as a reminder that mankind was in need of redemption and that via animal sacrifices such a redemption was not accomplished but needed to be accomplished but a proper sacrifice of far greater value. That sacrifice was Jesus who is described as the lamb of god that takes away the sin of the world.

The apostle Paul clearly points this out:

Romans 3:20
Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God's sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

He also warns against anyone striving to restore such a system that was done away with via Jesus's death.

So I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the best arguments that I have ran into as to why
Christians should support the Orthodox Jewish community
in their desire to rebuild their Jerusalem Third Temple is
a statement by Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus:

So... all that the prophets have spoken would include Ezekiel chapters 40 - 48 that
clearly describe the restored Jerusalem Third Temple as part of the Era of Messiah / Moshiach.... .the millennial rule of Messiah over all the earth.

Also:
Luke 13:35

"Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

Was Ezekiel blessed?

Did Ezekiel come in the name of the Lord?

Is Christianity relatively desolate due to our having forgotten the words of the Prophets?
I chose option 7.

No .but nither oppose it. Nor pay it much heed at all.

We ade to be concerned with seeking first the kingdom of Heaven as is Gods will .
His kingdom us not of the world.

Not of this world...
NOT of THIS world...

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Quite a faulty "house" if it's not built on THE FOUNDATION

I am not one hundred percent certain how to explain the exact connection here......
but I know it is in there somewhere?

Orthodox Jews, why did the event recorded in Yoma 39b happen?

Our Rabbis taught: During the last forty years before the destruction of the Temple the lot [‘For the Lord’] did not come up in the right hand; nor did the crimson-coloured strap become white; nor did the westernmost light shine; and the doors of the Hekal would open by themselves, until R. Johanan b. Zakkai rebuked them, saying: Hekal, Hekal, why wilt thou be the alarmer thyself? I know about thee that thou wilt be destroyed, for Zechariah ben Ido has already prophesied concerning thee: Open thy doors, O Lebanon, that the fire may devour thy cedars.

Talmud Bavli, Yoma 39b

Orthodox Jews (or Messianics), why did "these strange events" in Temple services recorded which lasted for 40 years (30-70 AD) in Yoma 39b happen?

Do you even think this is because of the arrival of Moshiach (i.e. Yeshua/Jesus) 2000 years ago?

Why did these events happen after the crucifixion of Jesus? In Jesus' timeline in 1st century? Is it purely coincidence?

These events must have theological significance because this is about the Temple, right? ;)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I chose option 7.

No .but nither oppose it. Nor pay it much heed at all.

We ade to be concerned with seeking first the kingdom of Heaven as is Gods will .
His kingdom us not of the world.

Not of this world...
NOT of THIS world...

But.... there are people who survive through the Great Tribulation into the Millennum.... the Era of Moshiach........ and the question of the Jerusalem Third TEmple and all nations becoming more aware of the weekly and annual Sabbaths is very relevant to those survivors.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The restoration of all things cannot include a law that is described in the NT as having fulfilled its purpose and which had been a mere shadow of the reality that was fulfilled in Christ as clearly explained in the book of Hebrews.

Let me illustrate in case you are not aware. By shadow Paul is referring to a prophetic representation. For example, the most holy of the Temple represented heaven. The High priest represented Jesus,. As the high priest entered the most holy with the value of the blood of animals so Jesus fulfilled that prophetic shadow by entering heaven itself with the redeeming power of his own blood offered to cover our sins.

In that way he fulfilled the Law and the shadows were no longer needed. In short, the Temple and its sacrifices were there as a reminder that mankind was in need of redemption and that via animal sacrifices such a redemption was not accomplished but needed to be accomplished but a proper sacrifice of far greater value. That sacrifice was Jesus who is described as the lamb of god that takes away the sin of the world.

The apostle Paul clearly points this out:

He also warns against anyone striving to restore such a system that was done away with via Jesus's death.

So I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Actually........
during the Millennium even the land Sabbath laws and the Jubilee will probably be done again even though the freedom and Shalom that Messiah gives us after our genuine conversion is what the Jubilee typifies.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But.... there are people who survive through the Great Tribulation into the Millennum.... the Era of Moshiach........ and the question of the Jerusalem Third TEmple and all nations becoming more aware of the weekly and annual Sabbaths is very relevant to those survivors.
After 2 Thessalonians 2 occurs, there will be some who will come out of the tribulation

What about those who have heard the Gospel now but did not have a love of the TRUTH?

Do you think they'll come out of the tribulation?

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually........
during the Millennium even the land Sabbath laws and the Jubilee will probably be done again even though the freedom and Shalom that Messiah gives us after our genuine conversion is what the Jubilee typifies.
Probably?

That's the key word
And while You aren't fully sure..yet you suggest "probably"

Even after reading the powerful message in Haggai 2 that none are clean, you suggest that those unclean can enter into temple practices as if they are worshipping GOD

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well since you consider JESUS' death and resurrection "terrible prediction", I'm not sure that you understand who is restoring all things and why all must wait for HIM to do so

After reading post 82, you should refer back to post 82

Radrook says clearly what you seem to not understand

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Actually........
How do you reconcile that idea with what Paul tells us in Hebrews and other places in the NT concerning the Law, the temple and even about who is considered a genuine Jew after Jesus' death?
Also, what scriptural basis is there for your tagging all conversions prior to the Millennium as bogus or defective?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well since you consider JESUS' death and resurrection "terrible prediction", I'm not sure that you understand who is restoring all things and why all must wait for HIM to do so

After reading post 82, you should refer back to post 82

Radrook says clearly what you seem to not understand

Don't you remember how he sweated blood as he was praying and that he asked for
the cup to pass from him........ if that was possible?

Matthew 26:39

And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
How do you reconcile that idea with what Paul tells us in Hebrews and other places in the NT concerning the Law, the temple and even about who is considered a genuine Jew after Jesus' death?
Also, what scriptural basis is there for your tagging all conversions prior to the Millennium as bogus or defective?

I didn't say that conversions previous to the millennium were bogus???!!!

I am saying that there is a paradigm shift during the millennium that will take a feeble resident of Jerusalem up to a level of spiritual power comparable to King David and the least Christian will be comparable to John the Baptist..... greater really.

But the Christians who come to Messiah before the millennium will be at a far, far, far far far higher level than that!

Zechariah 12:8

In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't you remember how he sweated blood as he was praying and that he asked for
the cup to pass from him........ if that was possible?

Matthew 26:39

And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
It wasn't possible

Don't you remember how else could scripture be fulfilled which says the messiah must suffer then enter HIS GLORY (that is, THE GLORY which HE had with THE FATHER before the world ever was)
Don't you remember that there was a veil between GOD and man
Don't you remember the WAY was blocked
Don't you remember that JESUS is THE WAY. And no man cometh to THE FATHER except through HIM?

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say that conversions previous to the millennium were bogus???!!!

I am saying that there is a paradigm shift during the millennium that will take a feeble resident of Jerusalem up to a level of spiritual power comparable to King David and the least Christian will be comparable to John the Baptist..... greater really.

But the Christians who come to Messiah before the millennium will be at a far, far, far far far higher level than that!

Zechariah 12:8

In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them."
Defend is the key word sir

The battle is THE LORD's
After the time of wrath is complete, men will know that GOD is fighting for them. It will be like Gideon's army
That will come first!

if you had moved forward to Zechariah 13, you'll notice that afterwards, sin and false prophets will be finally removed

no one will be greater or less than the other all will go up to the mountain of the LORD...for HE will teach us HIS WAYS

There isnt levels of stature in CHRIST

In fact no one will even say that they are a prophet or that they hold a higher office. If they even said "THE LORD said"?
Why?

For the knowledge of THE LORD will cover the earth as the waters of the sea

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Defend is the key word sir

The battle is THE LORD's
After the time of wrath is complete, men will know that GOD is fighting for them. It will be like Gideon's army
That will come first!

if you had moved forward to Zechariah 13, you'll notice that afterwards, sin and false prophets will be finally removed

no one will be greater or less than the other all will go up to the mountain of the LORD...for HE will teach us HIS WAYS

There isnt levels of stature in CHRIST

In fact no one will even say that they are a prophet or that they hold a higher office. If they even said "THE LORD said"?
Why?

For the knowledge of THE LORD will cover the earth as the waters of the sea

It is normal though for there to be levels of understanding......
even in the Millennium........

Jeremiah 31:34

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is normal though for there to be levels of understanding......
even in the Millennium........

Jeremiah 31:34

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Jeremiah 31 is a prophecy about the New Covenant in Christ.

It's not about the millennium.

JLB

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Jeremiah 31 is a prophecy about the New Covenant in Christ.

It's not about the millennium.

JLB

Near death experiencer Howard Storm was shown amazing things about the year 2185. Truly millennial in nature.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Should Christians support Rebuilding of Jerusalem Third Temple.

If we believe what Jesus said, he is the true temple of God, or corner stone of that temple.

Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." The Jews therefore said, "Forty-six years was this temple in building, and will you raise it up in three days?" But he spoke of the temple of his body.
John 2:19-21

"Did you never read in the Scriptures, 'The stone which the builders rejected, The same was made the head of the corner. This was from the Lord. It is marvelous in our eyes?' "Therefore I tell you, the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you, and will be given to a nation bringing forth its fruits. He who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, but on whoever it will fall, it will scatter him as dust." When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard his parables, they perceived that he spoke about them. When they sought to seize him, they feared the multitudes, because they considered him to be a prophet.
Matt. 21:42-46

Also disciples of Jesus are part of that temple:

Don't you know that you are a temple of God, and that God's Spirit lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

I recommend not to build any other temple, because God seems to have chosen already His temple.

The God who made the world and all things in it, he, being Lord of heaven and earth, doesn't dwell in temples made with hands,

Acts 17:24

Because of these, it seems the third temple was destroyed when Jesus was killed. But God raised it up after three days and maybe it should be enough for all disciples of Jesus. :)

Upvote 0