Should Christians support Rebuilding of Jerusalem Third Temple.

Should Christians support Jerusalem Third Temple?

• Yes... the words of Ezekiel must come to pass.

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • No.... it will lead to the rise of the Anti-Christ fellow.

• Yes.... living waters will flow from the restored Third Temple.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • No... Christians must not support animal sacrifice.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • I am not certain but I will research this question further.

• No... this could cause a war to break out.

Votes: 5 6.9%

• Total voters

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I just found an important quotation that
tends to verify the Gihon Spring Theory.....
that indicates that the original Temple of Solomon was
no where near either the Dome of the Rock or
the Al Aqsa Mosque.

http://lidblog.com/muslims-ignore-their-own-quran-which-says-jewish-temple-stood-atop-temple-mount/

•And in his account of Titus’ siege of Jerusalem, Tacitus describes the Temple as “… built like a citadel, with walls of its own … the very colonnades made a splendid defense. Within the enclosure is an ever-flowing spring.”[Tacitus, Historiae V:12:1 (Stern, II, XCII, no. 281) 22,30.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No, because believing a building has any special power or religious significance is idolatry, and frankly Jews, Muslims, and Israelophilic Christians should get over it.

On the other hand.... aren't Christians supposed to believe that the words of Ezekiel are accurate.... .inspired.... and have to be fulfilled?

What about the promises made by Jacob / Yacob to his children....... don't they come to pass?

Isn't Messiah Yeshua - Jesus free to accomplish some things though his Bride The Church... and other things through his other Bride.... the 12 tribes of Israel?

Is Messiah Yeshua only allowed to love and owrk through Christians or is He free to work through anybody he chooses.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
On the other hand.... aren't Christians supposed to believe that the words of Ezekiel are accurate.... .inspired.... and have to be fulfilled?

What about the promises made by Jacob / Yacob to his children....... don't they come to pass?

Isn't Messiah Yeshua - Jesus free to accomplish some things though his Bride The Church... and other things through his other Bride.... the 12 tribes of Israel?

Is Messiah Yeshua only allowed to love and owrk through Christians or is He free to work through anybody he chooses.
No.

Upvote 0

Stayler

Feb 11, 2017
Brazil
✟7,911.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would have liked a option to vote for yes. Because if we want it or not the construction of the third temple will kick-start the end time in which we shall see Antichrist. A christian saying they don't want the end time is foolish in my opinion. It will happen whether you like it or not.
So my vote would be: YES. But only to fulfilled the prophecy and start the treaty of 7 years. In witch the Antichrist breaks the treaty in three and a half years. And you know the rest.
By the way have you guys seen this?
It has very compelling evidence and can be the solution to start building the third temple. But tradition is strong and the Jews would hate to know that they were praying at a wall that wasn't even part of the second temple.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

What about these other words by Ezekiel......
are they to be fulfilled?

Ezekiel 39

Isn't it kind of strange that we would have so little problem in believe in negative scary prophecies.... and then not believe in extremely positive ones?

The prophecy about Gog will almost certainly remind us of the two hundred million man army mentioned in the Book of Revelation......
but why can't we fit that in with a restored Jerusalem Third Temple?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I would have liked a option to vote for yes. Because if we want it or not the construction of the third temple will kick-start the end time in which we shall see Antichrist. A christian saying they don't want the end time is foolish in my opinion. It will happen whether you like it or not.
So my vote would be: YES. But only to fulfilled the prophecy and start the treaty of 7 years. In witch the Antichrist breaks the treaty in three and a half years. And you know the rest.
It has very compelling evidence and can be the solution to start building the third temple. But tradition is strong and the Jews would hate to know that they were praying at a wall that wasn't even part of the second temple.

In my opinion this is an excellent reply......
The fact that you noticed that the Anti-Christ / Anti-Messiah type person comes to power after 3.5 years......
means that you may already be aware that it could well be a basically sincere Cyrus type political leader who
assists the Jewish people to get their Jerusalem Third Temple operation for those first 3.5 years.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I so thank you for the link to this video. I have already shared it into several other discussions.

"The Sacrificial System Will Continue

One of the most perplexing ideas to students of Scripture is the idea that God intends that the annual feasts, along with animal sacrifice, will continue into the Millennium. Many Christians who have studied the prophetic portions of Zechariah 14, Isaiah 66, and Ezekiel 40 - 48, which clearly describe these Millennial worship ordinations, are confused by the idea. They ask, "Didn't the sacrifice of Christ eliminate animal sacrifices forever?"

............"Only the complete sacrifice of Jesus could ever totally atone for our sins. However, God clearly demanded the sacrifices from Adam to Christ. Those sacrifices were acts of obedience to the direct command of God, as well as acknowledgements of one's own personal sinfulness and need for God's forgiveness. Animal sacrifices covered the sins of the people temporarily until the prophesied Messiah would come and offer Himself once and for all as the necessary atonement for sin. If animal sacrifice can never atone for sin, why would God allow Israel to resume such sacrifice in the Third Temple, prior to Armageddon, and then demand that Israel continue such sacrifice in the Millennium? There are two reasons why I believe this is true."

First, the early Jewish - Christian Church continued to offer sacrifices in the first century.".......

.......Second, New Testament writers used the legal sacrificial system to illustrate very important points concerning Christ's sacrifice on the Cross.......

..... These examples of the way early Jewish believers used God's law to teach great love when He sacrificed His only Son on the cross will be repeated during the Millennium." (Grant R. Jeffrey, Messiah, War in the Middle East and the Road to Armageddon, page 317, 318 and 319)

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One of the best arguments that I have ran into as to why
Christians should support the Orthodox Jewish community
in their desire to rebuild their Jerusalem Third Temple is
a statement by Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus:

Luke 24:25

"Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:"

So... all that the prophets have spoken would include Ezekiel chapters 40 - 48 that
clearly describe the restored Jerusalem Third Temple as part of the Era of Messiah / Moshiach.... .the millennial rule of Messiah over all the earth.

Also:
Luke 13:35

"Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

Was Ezekiel blessed?

Did Ezekiel come in the name of the Lord?

Is Christianity relatively desolate due to our having forgotten the words of the Prophets?

Those who seek to build the Temple in Jerusalem are under a strong delusion from God, because they did not have the love of the truth.

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2 Thessalonians 2:1-12

And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

This returning to the law of Moses is of the spirit of the antichrist, which is the spirit of Judaism.

Those who teach and practice Judaism, reject Jesus as messiah.

I did not say "Jews" are antichrist, but the religion of Judaism is an antichrist religion just as Islam is.

The leaders of the Pharisee's and high priest's, during the days of Jesus, including Saul of Tarsus, practiced Judaism, which persecuted the church and murdered Jesus Christ, the Lord.

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, because believing a building has any special power or religious significance is idolatry, and frankly Jews, Muslims, and Israelophilic Christians should get over it.
Simple and to the point

Our inheritance is in the LORD

Not in the things of this temporal and passing world

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

That is partly true......
but for a Christian to think that the Tabernacle / tent of meeting from the time of Moses / Moshe had ZERO value...... at that time.....
would be a very non-diplomatic thing for us to say or write.

So also.... it would be unwise and undiplomatic for any Christian to say or write that the Temple of Solomon... had zero spiritual value for the Jewish people at that time.

So also..... it would be unwise and undiplomatic for any Christian to say or write that a restored Jerusalem Third Temple could not have similar, or greater, spiritual significance to modern Jews and to the Lost Tribes..... as the historical Temple and Tent once had.

We are not supposed to cast stumbling blocks in front of people.......
so......
we should admit that the Ezekiel 40 - 48 temple will indeed have some value.......
even Paul.....
his statements in Hebrews do not meant that he considered the Temple of Herod the Great to have ZERO value...... or he would not have taken a vow and offered the required sacrifices at that time.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Simple and to the point

Our inheritance is in the LORD

Not in the things of this temporal and passing world

Are you already at the place where you could go forty days without food as Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus did?

I'm not!

It has been a while since I went for fully twenty four hours without food...... maybe Yom Kippur..... but I did do some partial fasts.... they do help.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Those who seek to build the Temple in Jerusalem are under a strong delusion from God, because they did not have the love of the truth.

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2 Thessalonians 2:1-12

And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

This returning to the law of Moses is of the spirit of the antichrist, which is the spirit of Judaism.

Those who teach and practice Judaism, reject Jesus as messiah.

I did not say "Jews" are antichrist, but the religion of Judaism is an antichrist religion just as Islam is.

The leaders of the Pharisee's and high priest's, during the days of Jesus, including Saul of Tarsus, practiced Judaism, which persecuted the church and murdered Jesus Christ, the Lord.

JLB

Thank you for openly explaining your position on all of this.

I am glad to see that you are obviously doing your research.

I plan to do everything in my power to assist the Jewish SanHedrin to have their restored Jerusalem Third Temple, if possible by 2030 rather than by 2070, and yes........
I know that much as former Atheist Howard Storm met with Messiah Yeshua - Jesus when he had a brush with death.......
I will review my life with my Messiah when I die and I will answer for all that I do toward that goal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My answer would be a Maybe, leaning towards a No.

Maybe yes, we can help them rebuild the temple, but to partake in the rituals, that would be a huge NO.

The Jewish Orthodoxy (Judaism) is the modern day Pharisee sect.... Jesus warned us against them, read your Bibles.... Jesus went as far to tell their father is the devil.

The only thing that maybe of significance is the building....Imagine if we rebuild the temple and have the Jews defile the temple again.... Imagine what would Jesus do if He came and caught them in their act...

He won't be coming with a whip of cords this time and just overturning tables...but with all the glory and power of the Universe.

This topic is actually getting into the news lately with the Jerusalem SanHedrin calling on President Trump and President Putin to rebuild the Third Temple.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
and after 3.5 years, his attitude changes

Yes......
the anti-Christ guy will indeed have a massive change of heart when he is somehow "thrown down"
somewhat like the fall that Lucifer once had.... along with a third of the angels who followed him in a revolt......

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus told the samaratan woman at the well, that God is Spirit and that he is to be worshipped in spirit and in truth.

How is building a temple and presumable starting animal sacrifices again, whorshipping God in spirit and truth.

As Jesus is the Truth they would have to worshipp him and become Christian. That rather defeats the purpose in building a temple.

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Jesus told the samaratan woman at the well, that God is Spirit and that he is to be worshipped in spirit and in truth.

How is building a temple and presumable starting animal sacrifices again, whorshipping God in spirit and truth.

As Jesus is the Truth they would have to worshipp him and become Christian. That rather defeats the purpose in building a temple.

Truth.... can only be taught in stages......
level after level after level much like as is done for our kids
in the Grades primary to grade 12... and then
college or university.........

The words of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy and Numbers do have
value for our time period.........

They were confirmed by Ezekiel and the other prophets........

The role played by the Orthodox Jews and Levites on the Temple Mount during the Age of Moshiach
that will last for one thousand years is an important part of the full fledged redemption.......

Upvote 0