Should Christians support Rebuilding of Jerusalem Third Temple.

Should Christians support Jerusalem Third Temple?

• Yes... the words of Ezekiel must come to pass.

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • No.... it will lead to the rise of the Anti-Christ fellow.

• Yes.... living waters will flow from the restored Third Temple.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • No... Christians must not support animal sacrifice.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • I am not certain but I will research this question further.

• No... this could cause a war to break out.

Votes: 5 6.9%

• Total voters

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The New [Renewed;Refreshed] Covenant was made when Jesus declared it, by giving His Life on the cross for us.

For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Matthew 26:28

If you are not part of the New Covenant, then what Covenant are you a part of?

JLB

True... but I do believe that a time is coming when the majority of the people on earth will have their hearts opened to the truth......... and the Holy Spirit will be poured out on ALL FLESH.

• Agree
Reactions: JLB777
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True... but I do believe that a time is coming when the majority of the people on earth will have their hearts opened to the truth......... and the Holy Spirit will be poured out on ALL FLESH.

A majority, or 100%?
You seem to be saying both. Though I suppose you could argue that 100% is definitely a majority!!

I'm still curious which you mean though.

• Agree
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
A majority, or 100%?
You seem to be saying both. Though I suppose you could argue that 100% is definitely a majority!!

I'm still curious which you mean though.

Good question...... there are some prophecies that indicate that people still have freedom of choice........ so a small segment of the population may live in such an unwise manner that they live to be less than one hundred years of age........ but the vast majority of people will live well........ and to well over one hundred. Isaiah 65 has that prophecy I believe...... .only a sinner will live to be less than one hundred...... So this indicates some sinners still on earth during the Millennium.

Upvote 0

Jeepneytravel

Feb 11, 2017
Asia Pacific
✟33,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is an exceptionally good answer Timewerx!

I agree with you that we Christians have zero ownership over the Temple Mount area.....
and we have no idea or background as to the specific rituals that the restored
Levites and Rabbi's will be doing on the Temple Mount.

Actually, there is a huge difference between the Sanhedrin of the time of Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus
with the Sanhedrin of our time because........
King Herod the Great chose many of the Rabbi's serving on the Sanhedrin of
his time period.......
and King Herod....DID NOT choose Rabbi's for their wisdom, sincerity
and zeal for the words of Moses and The Prophets!

King Herod chose Rabbi's who he could influence.....
which meant Rabbi's who loved money and influence a little too much.....

There is a possibility that there will soon be a Christian Noahide designation....
and perhaps some Christians will become Christian Noahide Nazarites and perhaps....
they might participate in some rituals in the court of the Nazarites.......
but that is considerably off in the future and the Sanhedrin will figure that out
when the time comes.

The Rabbinic Jewish community are taking steps toward us Christians
and it is time for us to begin to consider and discuss where we are off track
and not at all in line with what Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus would tell us to do if
he was with us at this time in history.

Have you heard of the group "Facing Each Other" timewerx?

Facing Each Other - Key for Peace between Judaism and Christianity | Facebook

Facing Each Other - Key for Peace between Judaism and Christianity

One should also factor the Jewish Talmud Holy book into the mix....Satanic Verses Of The Jewish Talmud | Real Jew News
al

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Indeed I think the text in Romans 11 also is indicating that God may have a final salvation plan for the Jews, but it will always be and only be through belief in Jesus Christ. There is not some other path.

Helping the Jews rebuild a temple won't help them come to Christ. What will help them is if we honestly and faithfully preach to them the Gospel and call upon them to repent and believe in Jesus Christ as the promised Messiah who has saved them from their sins by dying on the cross and rising from the dead. And more powerful than our arguments and actions is the very word of God, and we should encourage our Jewish friends to read the Gospels for themselves.
Great post!
Not just the Gospels, but the whole NT, including the book of Revelation, which mentions 12 of their tribes.

Revelation 7:
4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.
5 From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed, from the tribe of Reuben 12,000, from the tribe of Gad 12,000, 6 from the tribe of Asher 12,000, from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000, from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000, 7 from the tribe of Simeon 12,000, from the tribe of Levi 12,000, from the tribe of Issachar 12,000, 8 from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000, from the tribe of Joseph 12,000, from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.

A Jewish Understanding of the New Testament:
A Jewish Understanding of the New Testament
Rabbi Samuel Sandmel

An in-depth look at the Christian scriptures—from a Jewish perspective.
Many Jewish people know the New Testament only through snippets of verse heard at a Christian wedding or funeral, or through a chapter read in literature class. Many are completely unfamiliar with the meaning or messages of Christian scripture and therefore hold strange or startling judgments about it.
A Jewish Understanding of the New Testament introduces the text to Jewish readers. Samuel Sandmel applies scholarly criticism and provides historical background to the writings of the New Testament, revealing how the sacred literature of other religions can provide fresh perspectives on one’s own beliefs.
Without compromising his Jewish identity or encouraging any traditional Jewish stereotypes of the New Testament, Sandmel offers an enlightened view of Christian beliefs and encourages readers to acknowledge their common humanity with people of all religions. (Previously published by KTAV Publishing House, 1974, ISBN 0-870682-628.)
Rabbi Samuel Sandmel was professor of Bible and Hellenistic Literature at Hebrew Union College–Jewish Institute of Religion, and author of many highly regarded books in the fields of Jewish and Bible studies.

• Agree
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Great post!
Not just the Gospels, but the whole NT, including the book of Revelation, which mentions 12 of their tribes.

Revelation 7:
4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.
5 From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed, from the tribe of Reuben 12,000, from the tribe of Gad 12,000, 6 from the tribe of Asher 12,000, from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000, from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000, 7 from the tribe of Simeon 12,000, from the tribe of Levi 12,000, from the tribe of Issachar 12,000, 8 from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000, from the tribe of Joseph 12,000, from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.

Rabbi Samuel Sandmel

Many Jewish people know the New Testament only through snippets of verse heard at a Christian wedding or funeral, or through a chapter read in literature class. Many are completely unfamiliar with the meaning or messages of Christian scripture and therefore hold strange or startling judgments about it.
A Jewish Understanding of the New Testament introduces the text to Jewish readers. Samuel Sandmel applies scholarly criticism and provides historical background to the writings of the New Testament, revealing how the sacred literature of other religions can provide fresh perspectives on one’s own beliefs.
Without compromising his Jewish identity or encouraging any traditional Jewish stereotypes of the New Testament, Sandmel offers an enlightened view of Christian beliefs and encourages readers to acknowledge their common humanity with people of all religions. (Previously published by KTAV Publishing House, 1974, ISBN 0-870682-628.)
Rabbi Samuel Sandmel was professor of Bible and Hellenistic Literature at Hebrew Union College–Jewish Institute of Religion, and author of many highly regarded books in the fields of Jewish and Bible studies.

The testimony of the then fifteen year old Israeli youth Natan....
reminds me so much of these statements by Messiah Yeshua - Jesus that
I am now asking myself if I should become more observant and perhaps
be wearing Noahide tzitzit, for one example?????

Matthew 5:19

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Indeed I think the text in Romans 11 also is indicating that God may have a final salvation plan for the Jews, but it will always be and only be through belief in Jesus Christ. There is not some other path.

Helping the Jews rebuild a temple won't help them come to Christ. What will help them is if we honestly and faithfully preach to them the Gospel and call upon them to repent and believe in Jesus Christ as the promised Messiah who has saved them from their sins by dying on the cross and rising from the dead. And more powerful than our arguments and actions is the very word of God, and we should encourage our Jewish friends to read the Gospels for themselves.

Excellent post!

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Great post!

Revelation 7:

Rabbi Samuel Sandmel

I just bought the e-book. Until Paul went to the Gentiles ALL of Christianity was composed of Jews. It is vitally important to understand the New Testament through the eyes of the Jews.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Against the Jewish people.
So against a Religion, not a Race then.
Thanks for clarifying, except I'm not sure how such can be defined as racism.

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One of the best arguments that I have ran into as to why
Christians should support the Orthodox Jewish community
in their desire to rebuild their Jerusalem Third Temple is
a statement by Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus:

Luke 24:25

"Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:"

So... all that the prophets have spoken would include Ezekiel chapters 40 - 48 that
clearly describe the restored Jerusalem Third Temple as part of the Era of Messiah / Moshiach.... .the millennial rule of Messiah over all the earth.

Also:
Luke 13:35

"Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

Was Ezekiel blessed?

Did Ezekiel come in the name of the Lord?

Is Christianity relatively desolate due to our having forgotten the words of the Prophets?

The Prophets spoke so much using carnal images to represent spiritual concepts, and by just glancing at the Book of Ezekiel, would tend to give you an idea that there is going to be a physical temple in Jerusalem constructed, but even as you say, that Christ knew and followed and spoke according to the Prophets, even knowing the Book of Ezekiel, but said this:

Joh 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Until Paul went to the Gentiles ALL of Christianity was composed of Jews. It is vitally important to understand the New Testament through the eyes of the Jews.

Indeed.
Christianity is the Nazarene sect of Biblical Judaism of whom Paul was a Ringleader(Acts 24:5), and of whom gentiles are grafted in as fellow citizens (Ephesians 2:12, Ephesians 2:19).
It the the ONLY Judaism today that exists in covenant with the living God (Revelation 2:9).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So against a Religion, not a Race then.
Thanks for clarifying, except I'm not sure how such can be defined as racism.

Here is what Paul wrote to the Romans: "I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. 3 For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race, the people of Israel." NIV, others are slightly different). Paul is not talking about a religion but about a group of people who share a common physical identity.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Here is what Paul wrote to the Romans: "I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. 3 For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race, the people of Israel." NIV, others are slightly different). Paul is not talking about a religion but about a group of people who share a common physical identity.

Do you suspect that the Apostle Paul might have been wondering about hidden meaning in the fast of Yom Kippur?

Do you think that Paul might have had trouble seeing Messiah Yeshua - Jesus as.... a "goat.?"

The Book of Revelation wasn't written until after Paul died.... but Paul might have had some idea
of a latter day two witnesses anyway....... and might he have wondered about a latter day fulfillment of
Yom Kippur that would be somewhat like Passover.... but with two human metaphorical goats...... no sinless metaphorical lamb???

Yom Kippur/The Rapture connection?!

Upvote 0