Status
Not open for further replies.

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Here are a few differences:

Reagan wanted the Berlin Wall torn down, while Obama wanted Gitmo torn down, the former succeeding and the latter failing.

Reagan apologized for making "Bedtime for Bonzo," while Obama apologizes for the USA's existence.

Before occupying the White House, Reagan hosted GE Theater many times, and paid taxes from his earnings. After occupying the White House, Obama hosted GE Honcho and Obama contributor, Jeffrey Imelt, many times, a man who now pays nothing in taxes.

Reagan once worked with the Chicago Cubs, while Obama worked with the Chicago Thugs.

Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

BleedingHeart

Feb 1, 2011
Grand Blanc, Michigan
✟2,049.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"Reagan apologized for making "Bedtime for Bonzo," while Obama apologizes for the USA's existence."

I seem to recall him apologizing for the stupid attitudes of some Americans. Like the kind who thinks he was apologizing for the US existing.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here are a few differences:

Reagan wanted the Berlin Wall torn down, while Obama wanted Gitmo torn down, the former succeeding and the latter failing.
...wasn't the Wall torn down in Reagan's second term in office? :scratch: We'll have to see what happens then. I'm looking forward to it also! ;)

Reagan apologized for making "Bedtime for Bonzo," while Obama apologizes for the USA's existence.
Could you post a link to where President Obama apologized for America existing? :wave:

Before occupying the White House, Reagan hosted GE Theater many times, and paid taxes from his earnings. After occupying the White House, Obama hosted GE Honcho and Obama contributor, Jeffrey Imelt, many times, a man who now pays nothing in taxes.
Link? :wave:

Reagan once worked with the Chicago Cubs, while Obama worked with the Chicago Thugs.
Some proof for this would also be nice. :wave:
tulc(really likes proof) :)

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
"Reagan apologized for making "Bedtime for Bonzo," while Obama apologizes for the USA's existence."

I seem to recall him apologizing for the stupid attitudes of some Americans. Like the kind who thinks he was apologizing for the US existing.

As leader of the country, it was in bad taste for him to do it.

I shall be interested how certain Obamites treat Regan now that Cao Cao is using him, compared to their past posts.

Upvote 0

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom

So Obama thinks he needs to apologize to Sweden for guys like me, whom he deems stupid because I think he apologizes too much?

Why would he need to do that??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
...wasn't the Wall torn down in Reagan's second term in office?

Yeah. He couldn't very well tear down a wall that wasn't his, and do it at his own timing.

We'll have to see what happens then.

Why the delay?

Could you post a link to where President Obama apologized for America existing?

No, but could you cut down on the frenetic emoticons? Your posts are starting to resemble a drunken PacMman convention.

Some proof for this would also be nice.

Then look for it. It's no concern of mine that you don't believe that Reagan was once an announcer for the Cubs, or that Immelt paid zilch in taxes, or that Obama has associations with Chicago thugs like ACORN.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then look for it. It's no concern of mine that you don't believe that Reagan was once an announcer for the Cubs, or that Immelt paid zilch in taxes, or that Obama has associations with Chicago thugs like ACORN.

So...that's a "No, I won't support anything I say with proof."? :sorry:
tulc(thanks for responding) :wave:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I suppose that could be true if one man's voter intimidation tactics are another man's peaceful political rally.

Well, absent any proof we only have your opinion there was intimidation going on or the tea party rallies were peaceful. See how that works? :wave:
tulc(likes when people support their posts) :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
There is a difference between paying a lower tax as Reagan pointed out and a lower tax rate as Obama pointed out. But no one I know of is against the rich paying an appropriate share of the tax burden. What separates the two men is what that burden should be. Reagan spoke in the context of tax reform; for Obama, taxing the rich is the whole of his agenda.

But I do love it when liberals invoke Reagan. It just further illustrates the inconsequential nature of Obama.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
lordbt said:
There is a difference between paying a lower tax as Reagan pointed out and a lower tax rate as Obama pointed out. But no one I know of is against the rich paying an appropriate share of the tax burden. What separates the two men is what that burden should be. Reagan spoke in the context of tax reform; for Obama, taxing the rich is the whole of his agenda.

But I do love it when liberals invoke Reagan. It just further illustrates the inconsequential nature of Obama.

Remember that Obama's federal tax philosophy is that the half of Americans who pay no federal income tax should not bear the burden of the other half who don't pay their fair share

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

...or the worshipful attitude some conservatives have toward a guy who probably couldn't even get the Republican nomination now a days? :sorry:
tulc(also understands why some Republicans see this as a heresy to the "First Church of the Gipper") :D

Upvote 0

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So...that's a "No, I won't support anything I say with proof."?

Yeah. That's real logical. I say I won't do x, and you somehow think that means I won't do Y, which is the sum of all things doable, x included.

Fred: "Bob, will you provide me proof that the sky is blue?"

Bob: "No, Fred. I won't be doing that today."

Fred: "So you're saying when you go to Math class tomorrow, if the test involves a proof, you'll leave it blank?"

I'd say Fred's an idiot, wouldn't you?

Have you checked for a rash beneath the little feller's underarm.? He may just be airing it out.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.