Has anyone noticed the times Russia has taken land from Ukraine?

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Oh puhleeese! Stop spouting MSNBC propaganda points! That clown Zelensky is just as much a crook as Putin.
I have never watched MSNBC. I’m in the UK. But tell me, which country did Zelensky invade and cause the deaths of thousands and displaced millions?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Yaaten

Sep 14, 2022
Victoria
✟18,616.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And they go to high school in Canada so you wouldn't have met them.
A moronic joke that makes precisely zero sense. If you can't actually address the issues that are being raised here, then get lost, take a hike!

Upvote 0

Yaaten

Sep 14, 2022
Victoria
✟18,616.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And your proof for CIA supported coup ?

Yanukovych was Putins stooge and Ukrainians did not want to get where Belarus is now - a puppet state under Russia. Seeing the morale and will of Ukrainians to fight clearly demonstrates that they support current government and alignment to West insted of submitting to Putins fascist dictatorship. This seems unarguable but feel free to spin so yarn of satanist mind control or whatever Kremlin dreams up this week.

Also they had democratic elections when Zelensky got elected that so we are all good right ? Unless that was illuminati operation as well, or CIA or whatever.

Btw your language is going to earn you a ban so some sublety is recommended.
Oh, so if some people who take to the streets because they are unhappy with their government want someone else to lead their nation, it's okay for those people to forcibly remove their government even if it had been chosen, in a fair contest, by the majority. Right, got it. In that case, Trudeau should have been ousted by the Canadian truck-drivers.
As for my "language", what's wrong with it? Do I swear? No. Attack others personally? Nope, although I could name a couple of people here who do precisely that, so take your empty threats elsewhere.

Upvote 0

Yaaten

Sep 14, 2022
Victoria
✟18,616.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And your proof for CIA supported coup ?

You people just can't handle the truth.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

So you quote a website called "key accelerant role in helping popularize articles with little basis in fact that also happen to fit the narratives being pushed by the Kremlin" by StratCom. Not really making your case that you're not quoting Russian propaganda.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
So you quote a website called "key accelerant role in helping popularize articles with little basis in fact that also happen to fit the narratives being pushed by the Kremlin" by StratCom. Not really making your case that you're not quoting Russian propaganda.
It is like after deciding to ditch mainstream news because they are so biased you are free to pick any nut channel with 10 subscribers and that is clearly the truth for whatever reason just because it is not mainstrean.

Never understood that logic or rather lack of it.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Just for the sake of argument let´s go with CIA overthrowing Ukrainian government in 2014.

Do you agree that Ukrainian people would rather be aligned with the West looking how hard they are fighting not to get subjugated by Russia and kicking Putins stooge out had the support of the people ?

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
As for my "language", what's wrong with it? Do I swear? No. Attack others personally? Nope, although I could name a couple of people here who do precisely that, so take your empty threats elsewhere.

Having been on bans just a friendly reminder. You seem very passionate about this for whatever reason and then you link some Russian propaganda video that somenone actually bothers to watch with someone cursing Ukrainians and you get a warning about profanity.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
A moronic joke that makes precisely zero sense.

It references a story where a young person makes up things to make themselves look better, and then when called out on it, comes up with increasingly outlandish excuses for why there's no evidence that the person they're supposedly in a relationship exists. I feel bad having to explain the joke, but the relevance is pretty obvious.

If you can't actually address the issues that are being raised here,

Pretty sure I identified the issues in quoting a wiki article starting with the line "Some have argued" as absolute proof of a claim.

then get lost, take a hike!
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll be sure to give your recommendation all the consideration it deserves!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yaaten

Sep 14, 2022
Victoria
✟18,616.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is like after deciding to ditch mainstream news because they are so biased you are free to pick any nut channel with 10 subscribers and that is clearly the truth for whatever reason just because it is not mainstrean.

Never understood that logic or rather lack of it.
I'm ignoring Hans Blaster for the simple reason that the only response he could think of to give was to childishly assert that I must be some kind of admirer of Vladimir Putin (because apparently it isn't possible to criticise U.S. foreign policy otherwise). I don't understand your analogy here, because I'm not using sources for the reason you give (i.e. confirmation bias), because anyone with the time can actually check my claims if they think they're wrong. The fact that no one has apparently done so here speaks volumes.

Upvote 0

Yaaten

Sep 14, 2022
Victoria
✟18,616.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It references a story where a young person makes up things to make themselves look better, and then when called out on it, comes up with increasingly outlandish excuses for why there's no evidence that the person they're supposedly in a relationship exists. I feel bad having to explain the joke, but the relevance is pretty obvious.
Okay, well, I didn't make anything up. Why would I do that? What purpose would that serve? Excuses for why there's no evidence? Are you actually serious about that accusation? Look into the history of the CIA; they've been undermining governments and toppling them ever since the organisation was first founded back in 1947. Nothing I've written here is at all controversial or seriously doubted, because it's common knowledge.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm ignoring Hans Blaster for the simple reason that the only response he could think of to give was to childishly assert that I must be some kind of admirer of Vladimir Putin (because apparently it isn't possible to criticise U.S. foreign policy otherwise). I don't understand your analogy here, because I'm not using sources for the reason you give (i.e. confirmation bias), because anyone with the time can actually check my claims if they think they're wrong. The fact that no one has apparently done so here speaks volumes.

I'm not ignoring you 'cause I like to keep an eye on those who fall for Putin's propaganda.

For the record, I didn't call you an admirer of Putin, or his agent, or stooge. What I wrote is that you were echoing Putin's propaganda. How you came to believe it I can not say.

Upvote 0

Yaaten

Sep 14, 2022
Victoria
✟18,616.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Pretty sure I identified the issues in quoting a wiki article starting with the line "Some have argued" as absolute proof of a claim.
That line appears at the very beginning, and the fact that you would use it to somehow "debunk" what I've said here suggests to me you didn't bother going beyond that line, that you ignored everything after it.

Upvote 0

Yaaten

Sep 14, 2022
Victoria
✟18,616.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Having been on bans just a friendly reminder. You seem very passionate about this for whatever reason and then you link some Russian propaganda video that somenone actually bothers to watch with someone cursing Ukrainians and you get a warning about profanity.
Let me tell you why I seem to be so "passionate" about this; it's because of responses just like this one. People who can't present their case, can't present counter-arguments, just love to accuse their opponents of being "pro-Krremlin", or "pro-Putin". It's childish and absurd, and I don't know to what you're referring when you mention some "propaganda video". Link it, because I don't remember doing what you claim I did here.
This may come as a surprise, even a shock to you, but I actually do not - NOT - like Vladimir Putin. At all. Here's something else for you to consider that will no doubt shock you; it's possible to be pro-Russia but anti-Putin. I know, who would have thought that was possible? What next? Someone claiming they love America but hate Biden? Wow, wouldn't that be a revelation!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Let me tell you why I seem to be so "passionate" about this; it's because of responses just like this one. People who can't present their case, can't present counter-arguments, just love to accuse their opponents of being "pro-Krremlin", or "pro-Putin". It's childish and absurd, and I don't know to what you're referring when you mention some "propaganda video". Link it, because I don't remember doing what you claim I did here.
This may come as a surprise, even a shock to you, but I actually do not - NOT - like Vladimir Putin. At all. Here's something else for you to consider that will no doubt shock you; it's possible to be pro-Russia but anti-Putin. I know, who would have thought that was possible? What next? Someone claiming they love America but hate Biden? Wow, wouldn't that be a revelation!
You are an internet chat handle talking to others of the same kind. Recently invented at that. Getting somehow emotionally involved in this is pretty ridiculous. Nothing you say is worth being shocked, annoyed or whatever emotional response you think you will get and using caps make you look like you are frothing at mouth.

Your ideas for arguments and counter arguments pretty much fall apart immediately when you start using sources that can not be verified and are usually so heavily biased as to be worthless but if there is an actual well reasoned argument it certainly is worth discussing.

The video profanity was just an example. I got banned when linking a Month Python musical where someone used a naughty word at some point.
It does not take much. Also be mindful which forums you are posting at all times. The rules wary.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I have never watched MSNBC. I’m in the UK. But tell me, which country did Zelensky invade and cause the deaths of thousands and displaced millions?
The Donestk and Luhansk People's Republics.

What goes around, comes around...

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Those aren't "countries". They are a small group of disgruntled people (out of the larger population of their oblasts) propped up by Putin's government.

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

According to Russia those "countries" do not even exist anymore. All part of mother Russia now. That is how much Russia cared for their "independence"

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

They’re not countries; don’t be silly. Being invaded, then holding sham referenda with obviously too high numbers of votes (higher than the actual popn) does not a country make.

Imagine if Mexico did that to Texas.

A pro Russian stance is fine. Lying through one’s teeth is not.

• Informative
Upvote 0