✟162,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Is Hebrew the World's Oldest Alphabet

Though I'm not an MJ nor affiliated with any denomination, I thought your feedback on this would be most relevant as those who know the Hebrew language best. (If you don't feel it should be posted here, you can suggest where mods can move it to.) I sparsely know four languages and Hebrew is not one of them, but I'm fascinated by it and always try to understand root words, especially in the OT. Shalom.

alternate...

Was Hebrew the First Alphabet? - Doug Petrovich

Well, is it? I would also ask, was it also the pre-Babel and antediluvian one-world language?

[Gen 11:1 NIV] Now the whole world had one language and a common speech.

Reactions: daq

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟109,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Shalom @Paul4JC. While I cannot speak for anyone else, I myself do not see anything wrong with your OP, nor anything wrong with it being posted here, and I think it is a great topic. Here is another linguist whose work has been very helpful in my studies, CRYPTCRACKER, not to say anything bad about Dr. Douglass Petrovich, but rather just a pointer to more or less where I am coming from if I do become involved in this thread, (and the more opinions the better at this point, I suppose).

Reactions: Paul4JC
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟109,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
@Paul4JC, right now I am (slowly) going through the first video. At 11:50 he mentions calling his friend in New Zealand at the beginning of his journey into the study of the origins of the language. He names Brian Colless. This is the linguist whose blog I linked to in my previous post. Just thought I would mention that.

--------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Now having watched all of the first video I can initially say that I have the same problem I have with every linguist involved in this particular field of study, that is, that proto-Semitic is not a byproduct of the Egyptian hieroglyphic language. Egypt as a people, (Mitzraim), didn't even exist until after the tower of Babel incident and the division of the earth, (land), in the days of Peleg. It was only after this division of the land into the various tribes and peoples of the Genesis table of nations that Ḥam/Mitzraim were given the land now called Egypt, (Egypt is called Mitzraim throughout the scripture, after the name of Ḥam's son, Mitzraim, Gen 10:6).

It is this error, imho, that hides the reality from the eyes of researchers; and one of the biggest reasons is for siding with the Masoretic genealogical chronologies in Gen 5&11 while ignoring the Septuagint which is much longer. The LXX chronology brings all of these things into alignment while the Masoretic chronology forces the unsuspecting researcher to place the Egyptian hieroglyphic language before the proto-Semitic language.

The origin of the proto-Semitic language is the heavens, specifically, the stars and their constellations, not Egyptian hieroglyphs. The beginnings of proto-Semitic may be found in the place now called Har Karkom, which of old time is Har Sini, "mount of Illumination", (not as it is now pointed, "Har Sinai", mount of Thorns or Thorny mountain).

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Contemplating this:

Zephaniah 3:9
For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve him with one consent.

the 'I will turn' actually the word in Hebrew means restore, or turn back, not like teshuvah.

Upvote 0