Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Prayers appreciated. My car blew up today on the way to work. Cancelled work today and tomorrow. Not even really feasible to pay to tow it to my house - was almost at work in a different county. Being almost 20 years old I can't even get much for scrap and not worth putting in another engine. I'm going to miss my car - I really hoped it would hold out at least a few more years.

And I need a way too get to work and to Church, being so far away. Not sure how this is going to work but surely God will do something good?

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
They were just telling me last week there's a lady near me. She just came I think for the first time last week. They wanted me to meet her but I guess I was busy with something else until after she left. I remember that I offered to give her rides if she needed. I think - maybe if I remember right - they might have actually said she has a car but maybe has trouble driving.

I might be remembering wrong though. I admit to being a little shook up - I was on the interstate and something very violent did happen in the engine. I managed to pull over but barely out of traffic. Had to sit there for almost an hour with cars flying past a few inches away.

I guess we will see. I used to feel almost trapped if I was ever without a car, but I'm honestly pretty satisfied being at home now. If I can just get to Church. :)

Unfortunately I also need to work lol.

• Prayers
Reactions: Phronema
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Lord have mercy! Anastasia, please let me know if I can be of help. I am working this weekend, but next I could help if there's noone close to you from church.

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lord have mercy! Anastasia, please let me know if I can be of help. I am working this weekend, but next I could help if there's noone close to you from church.

Sunday Church is probably going to be easy to arrange. And I get there early for Orthros and am often the last to leave early in the afternoon. I'm not sure exactly where you live but I know my parish is a drive for you. If you're to the south I'm not even on the way. Unless you just want to make a day and visit another parish it would be too much to ask. But it's very kind of you to offer. :)

I'm just very glad we haven't started the Lenten services yet. That would be stressful to worry about. I'm sure I'll figure something out by then. They even have a transport service which will take me to all my doctor appts. Worse come to worse, I'll ask permission to wait at Church on those days. I would be very comfortable there. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Phronema
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I want to thank you all for your prayers! Progress is being made at least. I don't like the idea of more debt but at least I've got options.

And I didn't want to ask but my house was also FREEZING this morning - the thermostat was blank. I thought it was the thermostat and praying it wasn't the unit. Come to find out there's a separate outside fuse switch and it was only that so my home is warming up again. I know it's Florida lol but it was below freezing last night.

I'm also very thankful for my safety while all this was happening. The engine thudded horribly and something came out the bottom, but I was able to steer to the side and out of traffic. I was barely out of the lane though on the interstate and people do about 80 there and I was stranded for about an hour so it was kind of harrowing but I was safe thank God. I'm also telling myself who knows - the place I was on my way to work is the night school in a bad area and I always have concerns but I did feel a lot of anxiety yesterday while getting ready to go to work. Who knows - maybe I was saved from something worse. Or whatever ends up coming from it - I know God does everything for good.

Thank you again for prayers. :)

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,430.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I'm being very selfish :(

My GodPapa is coming to visit this week and will be chanting for our Thursday Liturgy - he will be on his own for it ;) as he will be using Galician tones and melodies. I used to chant a lot with him but haven't for the last couple of years. He wants me to 'sing-a-long' with him and I was really looking forward to this.

Wouldn't you know - I've developed a really bad cold - can't sing a note :(

A few prayers that this clears up swiftly would really be appreciated - GodPapa and I have not actually seen each other since my Chrismation and there's some healing between us which is needed to be done whilst he's here.

• Prayers
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for prayers all.

Fr Cassian is improving. They never found the source of the internal bleeding but he's getting much better, thanks be to God.

And I'm mobile again. A kind lady had already offered to take me to every Liturgy and Bible study, but I have a car now. She still wants me over for coffee, so that's wonderful. :)

And I have a car. It's actually very nice (which I was more than willing to forgo) ... but it's a 2011 Accord EX-L that's never missed an oil change, tires rotated, recalls serviced, only 61k miles. I couldn't have hoped for better. Thanks be to God. My daughter (who works in finance and often with car dealers) was trying to save me even more but the fact is it was pretty much the best deal in the US on such a car, so I'm happy enough. We got a couple hundred knocked off.

Maybe this part will sound strange, but after I left the dealership, I pulled over in a quiet space to better learn the controls (all those buttons!) and it pairs with my phone. While I was doing that I noticed bluebirds were flitting all around. I rarely see any blue birds here, but I just love them. I was reminded of something personal to me, a prayer I asked in my prayer/meditation spot many years ago when I learned indigo buntings migrated through the area. I prayed to see one. (Yes, I prayed for silly selfish things, but I really wanted to see one.) Soon after an entire flock arrived and stayed at the back of my yard for some days, and I very much enjoyed watching them while I was praying. Could of course be coincidence, but pretty little blue birds are a fairly rare sight for me, and I can't help but notice they seem to show up around things I've prayed for after I receive the thing. (It happened too after we were finally able to buy the house after living for months in a motel room.)

Either way - thanks for your prayers and glory to God!

Last edited:
Upvote 0