Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please keep my oldest son, Patrick, in your prayers. He is losing his apartment and due to medical conditions has difficulties with just getting through the day. Anyone in Boston who could help, message me please.

Upvote 0

nutroll

Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟280,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I will certainly ask Saint Raphael for his prayers. It looks like he has three blocked arteries, and two can be fixed with stents, the third one can't be fixed and he'll just have to live with it as is. I wish that his health was my sole concern, but I am more worried about his soul at this point. He fell away from the Church years ago. I asked him today if he would like me to call the priest in his city and have him visit, and while he objected less than I expected, he still didn't want me to. After Pascha I will make a trip out to see him myself, but the blockages in his physical heart are minor compared to the blockages in his spiritual heart. I want so badly to see him reconciled to the Church, and would be happy to do whatever I need to for that to happen, but he has to want it, and right now he's not there yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I will certainly ask Saint Raphael for his prayers. It looks like he has three blocked arteries, and two can be fixed with stents, the third one can't be fixed and he'll just have to live with it as is. I wish that his health was my sole concern, but I am more worried about his soul at this point. He fell away from the Church years ago. I asked him today if he would like me to call the priest in his city and have him visit, and while he objected less than I expected, he still didn't want me to. After Pascha I will make a trip out to see him myself, but the blockages in his physical heart are minor compared to the blockages in his spiritual heart. I want so badly to see him reconciled to the Church, and would be happy to do whatever I need to for that to happen, but he has to want it, and right now he's not there yet.

if you can, try to get to the Antiochian Village so you can actually pray at his grave.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Prayers for:
  • Finding the 'right' parish.
  • Finding a good priest to become my Father-Confessor and Spiritual Director.
  • Remaining and settling down in a parish; planting spiritual roots.
  • Repentance and turning aside from my ill and unwise habits.
  • Find a Wife.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

YJM

MARRIED! 20th December 2013
Jan 4, 2018
Bangor
✟8,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please pray for :

My wife Andrea who has rediscovered her faith although is still a baby Christian that she continues to grow, and that she gets either strength to endure her illnesses or else receives healing.

Myself that God gets me out of the hellish job I am in and into work that I love.

And that we both get settled in a really strong church - no matter which tradition it is in.

My daughter Sophie (almost 20 now) that I've not seen in 5 years - that we are reconciled and that she rediscovers God and gets healed from confusion, anger, pain, suicide and confused sexuality.

Thank you & blessings!

Upvote 0