Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Asking prayer for the priest Fr Cassian - he has a situation with his heart and internal bleeding from an unknown source. Thank you for prayers.

Lord have mercy!

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,470.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Prayers for my mother.
She has been religion-hopping all of her life, though she was consistently Baptist for fifteen years, while we kids were growing up. She typically spends an average of three years becoming a fervent believer in something, before dropping it and moving on to something else. But it was almost always some form of Nicean Christianity (with the exception of a couple of years doing “past lives” and several years as a Mormon), so it has been generally no big deal, until recently.

After moving to her present city, she found that she was only a block away from a Greek Orthodox Church. She spent maybe less than two years shuttling between that and an Antiochian church not far away. But she found the worldliness, the focus on Greek ethnicity, etc, and together with prejudices from her Protestant days, like an ongoing belief in “believer baptism” (ie, small children should not be baptized), she has left that, too. Her chiropractor turned out to be Muslim, and now she is following Islam with the same eagerness with which she pursued everything else. That has been very heavy and hard for me, as I have relied on her all my life, as a confidante, as moral support - and now I don’t feel I can do that. I was really shocked when I found that she had taken my daughter to a mosque while the latter was visiting last summer, and it was only by the grace of God that the event of the moment was teaching about animal sacrifice in Islam, something totally repulsive to my semi-vegan daughter. But it still broke trust.

There certainly is hope that she will come to abandon this as a fad, too, but it is doing tremendous damage to our personal relationship. I mustn’t alienate her, but I cannot be silent, smile and nod my head, either.

My own prayers seem so weak and worthless and insufficient. I feel I need intercession from both the temporarily living and the truly Living.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Prayers for my mother.
She has been religion-hopping all of her life, though she was consistently Baptist for fifteen years, while we kids were growing up. She typically spends an average of three years becoming a fervent believer in something, before dropping it and moving on to something else. But it was almost always some form of Nicean Christianity (with the exception of a couple of years doing “past lives” and several years as a Mormon), so it has been generally no big deal, until recently.

After moving to her present city, she found that she was only a block away from a Greek Orthodox Church. She spent maybe less than two years shuttling between that and an Antiochian church not far away. But she found the worldliness, the focus on Greek ethnicity, etc, and together with prejudices from her Protestant days, like an ongoing belief in “believer baptism” (ie, small children should not be baptized), she has left that, too. Her chiropractor turned out to be Muslim, and now she is following Islam with the same eagerness with which she pursued everything else. That has been very heavy and hard for me, as I have relied on her all my life, as a confidante, as moral support - and now I don’t feel I can do that. I was really shocked when I found that she had taken my daughter to a mosque while the latter was visiting last summer, and it was only by the grace of God that the event of the moment was teaching about animal sacrifice in Islam, something totally repulsive to my semi-vegan daughter. But it still broke trust.

There certainly is hope that she will come to abandon this as a fad, too, but it is doing tremendous damage to our personal relationship. I mustn’t alienate her, but I cannot be silent, smile and nod my head, either.

My own prayers seem so weak and worthless and insufficient. I feel I need intercession from both the temporarily living and the truly Living.

Lord have mercy. Prayers for you, your mother, your daughter again, and all around. I remember when your mother did that last year and didn't know the whole story then. I'm so sorry to hear how it is all going. I will remember her in prayer. (And you as well.) I can't imagine how difficult that would be. God be with you all.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Lord have mercy! I can't even imagine, Rus...though my own father is somewhat similar in the "religion-hopping" category (including into non-Trinitarian parasitic cults, like the Iglesia Ni Cristo sect which is basically a Filipino version of Mormonism), he has never tried Islam. I'd probably have a heart attack if he did. Lord have mercy.

A small prayer request from me, if TAW does not mind: I seem to have gotten some kind of horrible cold or sinus infection over the past two days or so and have hence had trouble sleeping, eating (nothing tastes like food, so I have to force myself to eat), or really moving or going anywhere. I feel terrible. My sinuses are so stuffed up I can't even breathe through my nose, and I feel like I've literally been punched in the face. I can't get into the doctor's until the 22nd, so hopefully it will over by then, but I dunno...I haven't been this sick in a while. I haven't taken my temperature, but I'm definitely on the burning up/freezing roller-coaster, so I almost feel like it wouldn't be necessary. My body is clearly trying to fight something off, but I feel as weak as a newborn kitten. Please pray for me. Thank you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Please continue to pray, my friends, concerning my illness. I know the illness itself is not a big thing (it seems that cold and flu season hit exceptionally hard this year, as I have a friend who had what I suspect was the same thing that I have now for two solid weeks before getting over it), but its effect on my life right now is pretty major due to disrupted sleep patterns (maybe 4 non-consecutive hours of sleep per night for the past week), which I fear is finally catching up with me physically: having blurred vision, problems eating, migraine-like headache, extreme mental and physical fatigue, etc.

Thank you.

Upvote 0