✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Harpuia said:
Yeah, I'm sure Terri would've wanted to be starved to death by a husband who was cheating on her. Yeah... great.

Cotton candy pedestal? There's nothing really cotton candy about cheating on your wife. It's obvious he never really loved her, otherwise, he would've done the deed WHILE staying with her till the end. It might've looked a little more sensible then. But he was already engaged to another woman of seven years, and had two children with her.

I don't get it. Are people really that stupid, or does Mikey really just speak good?

How long was Terri in her condition before Mike moved on? People act as if Terri ended up in the hospital on Sunday and by Tuesday Mike was already on Match.com:)

Surely, Terri would have wanted Mike to move on with his life while protecting her from being exposed to someone else's wishes instead of her own.

Upvote 0

StromRider

Feb 25, 2005
North Lauderdale, FL
✟129,564.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Harpuia said:
Her parents seemed to have dropped from the radar.

Maybe they, and their religious extremist handlers, realized just how bad they were looking to a majority of people and decided to cut their losses before they made even bigger fools of themselves.

Micheal is defending his actions against the unwarrented charges brought on by kooks - like the 'good' Father.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Harpuia said:
And you still blame the parents for trying to "selfishly make her suffer"? Hello?!? Mikey's exploiting the poor dead woman! How much sicker can ya get?
So anybody writing a book about dead people is exploitation?
Did you ever think he wants his side to be known?

What right does anybody here have in judging this man? Shame on all of you.

I posted that Tom Delay and his family pulled their father's feeding tubes though I dont see anybody condemning Tom Delay. This is very hypocritical not to attack Delay.

Reactions: HeyHomie
Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
JustOneWay said:
So anybody writing a book about dead people is exploitation?
Did you ever think he wants his side to be known?

What right does anybody here have in judging this man? Shame on all of you.

I posted that Tom Delay and his family pulled their father's feeding tubes though I dont see anybody condemning Tom Delay. This is very hypocritical not to attack Delay.

And shame on you and the rest of your group here for judging the parents immediately thinking they don't know what's best for their own daughter. Apparently, everyone here thinks the parents came from the spawn of Hell and Michael should run for Pope since he can't do anything wrong. I think that kinda shows the parents-children relationship you guys had. (Not that mine was probably any better).

As for Tom Delay, I haven't really researched that case as much as this one. Maybe I'll go do that and I'll give you the proper conclusion. Just don't go mixing apples with oranges.

How long was Terri in her condition before Mike moved on? People act as if Terri ended up in the hospital on Sunday and by Tuesday Mike was already on Match.com

Actually, it was sorta that way... after Mike got his settlement.

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Harpuia said:
And shame on you and the rest of your group here for judging the parents immediately thinking they don't know what's best for their own daughter. Apparently, everyone here thinks the parents came from the spawn of Hell and Michael should run for Pope since he can't do anything wrong. I think that kinda shows the parents-children relationship you guys had. (Not that mine was probably any better).

Ummm...legally and morally her husband had the responsibility and we have no reason to say Mike was lying about what she would want.

Actually, it was sorta that way... after Mike got his settlement.

I see...so when the answer to a question does not support a particular position the goal posts get shifted to another time zone while claiming the refs were paid off.:p

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I see...so when the answer to a question does not support a particular position the goal posts get shifted to another time zone while claiming the refs were paid off.:p

Uh what?

I'm just saying that after he got the settlement for I think it was a million or so dollars in '98, that was when he started trying to get rid of Terri.

Beforehand, he was the model husband. Standing by his wife's side, until he got the money. Then he wanted her gone. Not to get her insurance money though, he really didn't get that much money by then.

I just don't see why the people who wanted Terri to LIVE are seen as the bad guys.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Harpuia said:
I said nothing of her parents.

Gen 2:24 [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]

Upvote 0

StromRider

Feb 25, 2005
North Lauderdale, FL
✟129,564.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Harpuia said:
I just don't see why the people who wanted Terri to LIVE are seen as the bad guys.

You just don't get it do you? Terri wasn't living, her body was existing. Without brain functions her body was alive only becasue of the machines keeping it so.

I don't know of anyone who would want to be kept existing under such circumstances. When this started, my wife, a catholic, turned to me and said, "If this ever happens to me pull the plug."

Her parents couldn't grasp the fact that their daughter died when her brain did. Maybe I would have the same difficulty if one of my children were in a similar situation, but I hope not.

Keeping someone alive in these circumstances just because science allows us is immoral.

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
StromRider said:
You just don't get it do you? Terri wasn't living, her body was existing. Without brain functions her body was alive only becasue of the machines keeping it so.

I don't know of anyone who would want to be kept existing under such circumstances. When this started, my wife, a catholic, turned to me and said, "If this ever happens to me pull the plug."

Her parents couldn't grasp the fact that their daughter died when her brain did. Maybe I would have the same difficulty if one of my children were in a similar situation, but I hope not.

Keeping someone alive in these circumstances just because science allows us is immoral.

I'd believe that were she kept on life support. Not just a feeding tube. Then I wouldn't care either way. But from what I heard, she was breathing, responding, and last time I checked a feeding tube is not life support (because then we'd have the right to kill 1/4th of the population in retirement homes).

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Harpuia said:
I'd believe that were she kept on life support. Not just a feeding tube. Then I wouldn't care either way. But from what I heard, she was breathing, responding, and last time I checked a feeding tube is not life support (because then we'd have the right to kill 1/4th of the population in retirement homes).

IMO a feeding tube is life support. It is a tube attahced to a machine that mechincally pumps food into your stomach, through a sugrical incison in the abdomen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Harpuia

Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
mhatten said:
IMO a feeding tube is life support. It is a tube attahced to a machine that mechincally pumps food into your stomach, through a sugrical incison in the abdomen.

Brrr... that was cold. :D

The thing is, I know it's hard for anyone to be convinced that she should have a right to live. But I know for sure that he got away with murder. A feeding tube isn't the life support I was thinking of. I know what life support is, because I know many families who had to pull the plug, for real, and the person died within minutes.

It didn't take 2 weeks to "kill" that person, it only took about 1-2 minutes. If anything, the person was probably already dead at the time of life support anyway. That proves to me that a feeding tube is not life support. It's starving and dehydrating someone to death.

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Harpuia said:

She was both non-responsive and not able to breath on her own.

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Harpuia said:
Brrr... that was cold. :D

The thing is, I know it's hard for anyone to be convinced that she should have a right to live. But I know for sure that he got away with murder. A feeding tube isn't the life support I was thinking of. I know what life support is, because I know many families who had to pull the plug, for real, and the person died within minutes.

It didn't take 2 weeks to "kill" that person, it only took about 1-2 minutes. If anything, the person was probably already dead at the time of life support anyway. That proves to me that a feeding tube is not life support. It's starving and dehydrating someone to death.

By this logic then every American, or person in the world, who does not sell all their unnecessary possessions to feed the starving poor of the world are all murderers.

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Neverstop said:
She was both non-responsive and not able to breath on her own.

That's where we disagree I think. If she doesn't respond and doesn't breathe, you might have more of a point. But I remember hearing from a news article that she was doing both. Judge $Greer$ apparently called it reflexes at the time and not really response.

But if the woman really was in PVS, she wouldn't have responded or reflexed in any way, period. I'll look up more on PVS and see what I can come up with.

Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
StromRider said:

It is you who I don't think get it. I am fine with the feeding tube removed. But Michael even disapproved feeding Terri through the mouth. If Terri needed to be fed, he only approved the tube and not the mouth. That's very suspicious don't you think? If Terri is as bad as you or anyone who wanted Terri to die, she wouldn't be able to eat and chew and swallow normally, right? But the devil that is Michael wouldn't have it except through a feeding tube. I am not too worried now because there's a place reserve just for him. I am happy to know that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StromRider

Feb 25, 2005
North Lauderdale, FL
✟129,564.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
jsn112 said:
I am not too worried now because there's a place reserve just for him. I am happy to know that.

How very 'christian' of you. Hoping that someone is going to hell. I thought you guys were supposed to try and stop that kind of thing?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
jsn112 said:
It is you who I don't think get it. I am fine with the feeding tube removed. But Michael even disapproved feeding Terri through the mouth. If Terri needed to be fed, he only approved the tube and not the mouth. That's very suspicious don't you think?
not when doctors told him that she would never awake from her vegetative state.

If Terri is as bad as you or anyone who wanted Terri to die, she wouldn't be able to eat and chew and swallow normally, right? But the devil that is Michael wouldn't have it except through a feeding tube. I am not too worried now because there's a place reserve just for him. I am happy to know that.
Do you believe Michael will be seated right next to Tom Delay, and all others that have had feeding tubes removed from their loved ones because their loved ones did not want to spend the rest of their lives in a vegetative state?

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Harpuia said:
That's where we disagree I think. If she doesn't respond and doesn't breathe, you might have more of a point. But I remember hearing from a news article that she was doing both. Judge $Greer$ apparently called it reflexes at the time and not really response.

But if the woman really was in PVS, she wouldn't have responded or reflexed in any way, period. I'll look up more on PVS and see what I can come up with.

My position is based on the facts:

"An autopsy on Terri Schiavo backed her husband’s contention that she was in a persistent vegetative state, finding that she had massive and irreversible brain damage and was blind, the medical examiner’s office said Wednesday."

Her parents used a "belief" to ignore the facts....

"Regardless of the autopsy findings, the Schindlers continue to believe their daughter was not in a persistent vegetative state, their lawyer, David Gibbs III, said after Thogmartin’s report was issued."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8225637/

emphasis mine

IMAO, when people blatantly ignore the most pertinent facts of a situation they are no longer playing by respectable rules.

Reactions: Diane_Windsor
Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Harpuia said:

just a friendly advisory about researching pvs...check sources very carefully.:)

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
StromRider said:
I thought you guys were supposed to try and stop that kind of thing?

Correct. Whether one agrees or not with his actions is merely just an "opinion".

If Michael Schiavo has not acceptd Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior, God is waiting with open arms. That is the awesome thing about God...no matter what we have done we can always come to him....same goes for Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, Osama, etc etc...it's just a matter of giving ourselves to Him as he freely paid the price by His death on the cross.

He forgives ALL sins...not just the ones that mere man puts into categories of "not so bad", "bad", and "reeeeeally bad".

Upvote 0