Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WASHINGTON, March 25 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Fr. Frank Pavone, national director of Priests for Life, and an eyewitness to Terri Schiavo's final hours, released the following open letter to Michael Schiavo tonight. Fr. Pavone will read it to a worldwide audience on an internationally broadcast religious service on Sunday morning, March 26

Read the letter here:
http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=62931

What a judgmental person Frank Pavone is :sigh:

Diane

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Praise God for Fr. Frank, who is willing to stand up for the life of Terri and for the dignity of life across the country. Yes, he is judging the act of Michael Schiavo and is calling it what it is, murder, and it was murder, and there is nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.

Upvote 0

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Dec 29, 2004
Kentucky
✟1,343.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Praise God for Fr. Frank, who is willing to stand up for the life of Terri and for the dignity of life across the country. Yes, he is judging the act of Michael Schiavo and is calling it what it is, murder, and it was murder, and there is nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade

Could not have said it better. Hoorah for Fr. Pavone.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
It was NOT murder. Schiavo's life ended when her brain DIED. This was court-ordered cessation of life-support in alignment with Schiavo's own expressed wishes as defined by friends, family and several courts.

As for Pavone's letter, I can only assume he is fund-raising and abusing Terri Schiavo's memory in doing so.

Father Ray McIntyre
Priest
Anglican Church International

Kiwimac

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
In '88, accident forced DeLays to choose between life, death

"There was no point to even really talking about it," Maxine DeLay, the congressman's 81-year-old mother, recalled last week. "There was no way he (Charles) wanted to live like that. Tom knew, we all knew, his father wouldn't have wanted to live that way."
Doctors advised that he would "basically be a vegetable," said the congressman's aunt, JoAnne DeLay.
When the man's kidneys failed, the DeLay family decided against connecting him to a dialysis machine. "Extraordinary measures to prolong life were not initiated," said his medical report, citing "agreement with the family's wishes." His bedside chart carried the instruction: "Do Not Resuscitate."
On Dec. 14, 1988, the senior DeLay "expired with his family in attendance. "
"The situation faced by the congressman's family was entirely different than Terri Schiavo's," said a spokesman for DeLay, who declined requests for an interview.
"The only thing keeping her alive is the food and water we all need to survive. His father was on a ventilator and other machines to sustain him," said Dan Allen, DeLay's news aide.
There were also these similarities: Both stricken patients were severely brain damaged. Both were incapable of surviving without continuing medical assistance. Both were said to have expressed a desire to be spared life sustained by machine. And neither left a living will.
link
Where is Fr. Frank Pavone's condemnation letter to Tom Delay and his family?????

Reactions: Diane_Windsor
Upvote 0

StromRider

Feb 25, 2005
North Lauderdale, FL
✟129,364.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As others have already mentioned, the woman was already dead, just a husk kept alive by machines. And this Father Frank is just playing politics.

On the other hand, the more cranks like him speak up, the more reasonable people will see the threat to their rights that this represents and will overcome their apathy and take steps to prevent his montrous ideas from becoming the law of the land and trapping us all in his version of a theocracy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Your actions offend us.

Nah, Fr Pavone - it's your antics which are offending to anyone who cares about the suffering of the terminally ill. Shame on you for what can only be called an attention-grabbing act of self-glorification!:sick:

Reactions: HeyHomie
Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
bammertheblue said:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8225637/

"An autopsy on Terri Schiavo backed her husband’s contention that she was in a persistent vegetative state, finding that she had massive and irreversible brain damage and was blind".

Beside the point to me.

I believe that she pertained PVS because of the mistreatment she was getting from the hospital via orders from her husband who just wanted her dead.

IMO, he is still a cold-blooded murderer, as I've said before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Harpuia said:
Beside the point to me.

I believe that she pertained PVS because of the mistreatment she was getting from the hospital via orders from her husband who just wanted her dead.

IMO, he is still a cold-blooded murderer, as I've said before.

Those are some serious facts to be "beside the point."

Upvote 0
G

GoSeminoles!

ProCommunioneFacior said:
Praise God for Fr. Frank, who is willing to stand up for the life of Terri and for the dignity of life across the country. Yes, he is judging the act of Michael Schiavo and is calling it what it is, murder, and it was murder, and there is nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.

No, it was not murder. It is our mind which makes us human. Terri's mind was gone -- long gone -- when the plug was pulled. Without a mind which is even minimally aware and reactive to the surrounding environment, the human body is just an empty husk. Her parents' desire to keep Terri's body alive artificially was a selfish act on their part; an unwillingness to face her death. What they would not realize was that in every important way Terri had already died years before.

Reactions: ClaireZ and k
Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
GoSeminoles! said:
No, it was not murder. It is our mind which makes us human. Terri's mind was gone -- long gone -- when the plug was pulled. Without a mind which is even minimally aware and reactive to the surrounding environment, the human body is just an empty husk. Her parents' desire to keep Terri's body alive artificially was a selfish act on their part; an unwillingness to face her death. What they would not realize was that in every important way Terri had already died years before.

Excellent stuff!!!

It was selfish on their part and it would have been a HELL of a lot easier on Michael to just sign over control to them, be done with it, and move on.

Instead, he stuck by his commitment to Terri, dragging an infinite # of UNNECESSARY problems into his life. Yes, I know he was with another woman but let's get off that cotton candy pedestal and stop waving the glass gavels around because the reflections are blinding some people from gaining a real-world grasp on the situation.

Her parents were the least respectful because they did not care what she wanted.

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Neverstop said:
Excellent stuff!!!

It was selfish on their part and it would have been a HELL of a lot easier on Michael to just sign over control to them, be done with it, and move on.

Instead, he stuck by his commitment to Terri, dragging an infinite # of UNNECESSARY problems into his life. Yes, I know he was with another woman but let's get off that cotton candy pedestal and stop waving the glass gavels around because the reflections are blinding some people from gaining a real-world grasp on the situation.

Her parents were the least respectful because they did not care what she wanted.

Yeah, I'm sure Terri would've wanted to be starved to death by a husband who was cheating on her. Yeah... great.

Cotton candy pedestal? There's nothing really cotton candy about cheating on your wife. It's obvious he never really loved her, otherwise, he would've done the deed WHILE staying with her till the end. It might've looked a little more sensible then. But he was already engaged to another woman of seven years, and had two children with her.

I don't get it. Are people really that stupid, or does Mikey really just speak good?

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Harpuia said:
Yeah, I'm sure Terri would've wanted to be starved to death by a husband who was cheating on her. Yeah... great.

Cotton candy pedestal? There's nothing really cotton candy about cheating on your wife. It's obvious he never really loved her, otherwise, he would've done the deed WHILE staying with her till the end. It might've looked a little more sensible then. But he was already engaged to another woman of seven years, and had two children with her.

I don't get it. Are people really that stupid, or does Mikey really just speak good?

And to add:

People still think the parents are the bad guys in this. But it's Michael who's making the money off Terri with his new book, the Dateline interview, etc. Her parents seemed to have dropped from the radar.

And you still blame the parents for trying to "selfishly make her suffer"? Hello?!? Mikey's exploiting the poor dead woman! How much sicker can ya get?

Upvote 0