Fr. Frank Pavone asked the bishops to allow clergy political engagement during 2020 Elections

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
June 25, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) – A priest well-known for his pro-life activism has penned an open letter to U.S. bishops asking them to use their authority to allow clergy to publicly advocate for the political party in the upcoming 2020 election that is pro-life and pro-religious freedom. The priest also asks for the right to name and discredit the opposing political party.

“The rights of the Church and the common good are under attack in unprecedented ways by the Democrat Party,” Fr. Frank Pavone, National Director of Priests for Life, declared in a June 25 open letter to the U.S. bishops (read full letter below).

Continued below.
Top pro-life priest asks US bishops to allow clergy to publicly discredit baby ‘killing’ Democrat Party

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
June 25, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) – A priest well-known for his pro-life activism has penned an open letter to U.S. bishops asking them to use their authority to allow clergy to publicly advocate for the political party in the upcoming 2020 election that is pro-life and pro-religious freedom. The priest also asks for the right to name and discredit the opposing political party.

“The rights of the Church and the common good are under attack in unprecedented ways by the Democrat Party,” Fr. Frank Pavone, National Director of Priests for Life, declared in a June 25 open letter to the U.S. bishops (read full letter below).

Continued below.
Top pro-life priest asks US bishops to allow clergy to publicly discredit baby ‘killing’ Democrat Party
I guess I would have no problem with priests being allowed to endorse the American Solidarity Party while discredit the Democratic Party.

Somehow I think he intended the Republican Party though.

Actually, I don't want priests or bishops endorsing any particular party, not the American Solidarity Party and particularly not the Republican Party. I do think priests and bishops should be able to condemn political parties that are anti-family, anti-life, and anti-religious-liberty. But to align them positively with any Party is fraught with risk.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0