Frank Pavone, antiabortionist head of Priests for Life, dismissed from priesthood by the Vatican for ‘blasphemous communications’ and disobedience

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Doesn't change anything I've said. The Vatican prefers Fr James Martin and gives him license to essentially advocate against official Catholic teaching. Instead of censuring him or punishing him in anyway, he is approved of by the hierarchy.

Acceptance doesn't mean approval.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,088.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You said the Pope approves of Fr. Martin. That's an unwarranted assumption. Acceptance or restraint isn't the same as approval.
I think it's entirely warranted. The Pope has praised Fr Martin's work and encouraged it. The fact that the Catholic Church tolerates Fr Martin despite his agenda being quite obvious (he wants LGBT to be accepted completely within the Catholic Church), demonstrates to me the tacit approval of the institution in heading towards a pro-LGBT direction.

How is it unwarranted? Pope Francis has demonstrated his progressive tendencies and he has a habit of targeting traditionalists within the Church (such as those who want the Latin Mass). Or should I pretend that Francis is an arch conservative?

I know you like to cover for Liberal Catholics, but come on.

Upvote 0