United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
fyi:

This weekend, I received this informational email from Priests for Life.
In obedience, "Father Frank" has taken off his collar and is now "Pro-life Leader Frank Pavone".
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Subject: Father Frank takes off collar FOR THE BABIES!

Pro-life leader Frank Pavone offers Christmas Eve message of hope

December 24, 2022

Pope Francis has told Frank Pavone (affectionately known worldwide as “Father Frank”) that he cannot be a priest or wear priestly clothing. He will, of course, be obedient and will now refer to himself as Pro-life Leader Frank Pavone.

You will see that in this short video he released in which he offers all of us in the pro-life movement a Christmas Eve message of hope and prayerfully asks for the intercession of St. Padre Pio to help restore him to the clerical state.

Frank Pavone has a devotion to St. Padre Pio, an Italian priest who received the holy wounds of Christ on his body and had other spiritual gifts. He was stripped of his priestly faculties and silenced for almost a decade, until subsequent popes restored him to public ministry and dismissed all accusations against him.

He also asks the intercession of two other saints who knew him and Priests for Life and strongly blessed and encouraged that work: Mother Teresa, and St. John Paul II (under whom he worked at the Vatican for some years).

As for his pro-life vocation and work, Pavone vows:

“Our pro-life work isn’t slowing down one bit!”

You are invited to watch his short video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znxk7d7ir-0

And you are also invited to show your support for him – as well as your commitment to help carry on the work of Priests for Life and end America's abortion holocaust’ – by making as large a Christmas Eve donation as you can.

Know that all of us at Priests for Life – the Board, the Pastoral team, and the entire staff -- have re-dedicated ourselves unanimously to Frank Pavone, to his pro-life vocation, to his leadership, and to our shared mission of winning victory over abortion.

As Frank says in the video, “We’ve only just begun.”

God bless and Merry Christmas.

The Priests for Life Team

PS: Stay tune next week for additional broadcasts from Prolife leader, Frank Pavone, with live Q&A.
Tragic. Prayers for Fr. Pavone.

• Prayers
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If only the gang running the Vatican was as obedient to Christ as Frank Pavone is to the decree against him.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If only the gang running the Vatican was as obedient to Christ as Frank Pavone is to the decree against him.

Whenever I think of the Vatican anymore I just think of "regulatory capture", that the Vatican is a captive agency.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It puts things in perspective to look at what things were like in that era, rather than judging according to
today's standards. No, our Spiritual Assistant, a Friar of the Discalced Carmelites, was not practicing
clericalism, but telling history according to the time it took place, and not according to our
mindset today.

St John of the Cross is a doctor of the Church.

Don't hold your breath waiting for Frank Pavone to be named a doctor, even in the distant future.
"Acceptable morality" of today is an abomination before God. It is not justified "by the times". If these Assistants teach the history of their order that way, omitting the historical facts, if I were a student, I would feel betrayed and deceived. You don't?

Do you think it's helpful to speak of historical or culturally sanctioned moral errors in that way? Should we speak glowingly of the love for their slaves that the traffickers in African slaves, and the American plantation owners who patronized them - of how "reasonably" they dealt with those poor victims ( with "for that time" whispered quietly).

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Acceptable morality" of today is an abomination before God. It is not justified "by the times". If these Assistants teach the history of their order that way, omitting the historical facts, if I were a student, I would feel betrayed and deceived. You don't?

Do you think it's helpful to speak of historical or culturally sanctioned moral errors in that way? Should we speak glowingly of the love for their slaves that the traffickers in African slaves, and the American plantation owners who patronized them - of how "reasonably" they dealt with those poor victims ( with "for that time" whispered quietly).
This is according to you, which of course I don't accept.

The Friars of the Discalced Carmelites where not teaching falsely nor an abomination before God.
Between the Discalced Carmelite Friars and what someone on the internet says, I'll accept the
OCD Friars.

History must be understood in the context of the era, and not with a 21st century mindset alone.

Judging according to today's standards is what the cancel culture of today does. They can't see
that all cultures had slavery. All cultures had wars and invaded other nations and conquered them
including Native American cultures. Read what the Comanches did to the other tribes in North
American before the white man arrived. It wasn't just oppressive white males as being taught today.
I understand the anger towards white people of the past, but we understand the mistakes that
were made and try to correct ourselves. When justice is used to be unjust to others, it's not
justice.

Fundamentalist Catholics today have their own mindsets, and the mercy of God must
not be part of their formation process, which is why there is so much animosity toward
Pope Francis.

Reactions: Erose
Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is according to you, which of course I don't accept.

The Friars of the Discalced Carmelites where not teaching falsely nor an abomination before God.
Between the Discalced Carmelite Friars and what someone on the internet says, I'll accept the
OCD Friars.

History must be understood in the context of the era, and not with a 21st century mindset alone.

Judging according to today's standards is what the cancel culture of today does. They can't see
that all cultures had slavery. All cultures had wars and invaded other nations and conquered them
including Native American cultures. Read what the Comanches did to the other tribes in North
American before the white man arrived. It wasn't just oppressive white males as being taught today.
I understand the anger towards white people of the past, but we understand the mistakes that
were made and try to correct ourselves. When justice is used to be unjust to others, it's not
justice.

Fundamentalist Catholics today have their own mindsets, and the mercy of God must
not be part of their formation process, which is why there is so much animosity toward
Pope Francis.
The problem is his lack of mercy, and of justice, and of compassion toward the many faithful Catholics who love and treasure our Sacred Tradition (whom he dismisses as "rigid"), the Sacred Mass of centuries (whom he cancels with the Liturgy itself, as "stuck in the past"), those who cling to common sense such as "gender" being fixed at birth and conjugal love being fixed by God in the beginning - those who hold to such relics of the past are cast away as merciless judges refusing to "accompany" sinners in their sins, refusing to "progress" in their "faith" with him. No, thank you. He, like many "progressives" it seems, describe his enemies with behaviors that describe himself! His problem, which he projects upon others, is himself. He has seen the enemy, and it is HIM.

• Winner
Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The problem is his lack of mercy, and of justice, and of compassion toward the many faithful Catholics who love and treasure our Sacred Tradition (whom he dismisses as "rigid"), the Sacred Mass of centuries (whom he cancels with the Liturgy itself, as "stuck in the past"), those who cling to common sense such as "gender" being fixed at birth and conjugal love being fixed by God in the beginning - those who hold to such relics of the past are cast away as merciless judges refusing to "accompany" sinners in their sins, refusing to "progress" in their "faith" with him. No, thank you. He, like many "progressives" it seems, describe his enemies with behaviors that describe himself! His problem, which he projects upon others, is himself. He has seen the enemy, and it is HIM.
The only one's showing a lack of mercy, compassion and justice attack the OCD Friars accusing
them of clericalism.

Pope Fracis is essentially hated in this forum, which falsely claims to be a Catholic site.

Nowhere has anyone attacked people who follow traditions of the Church.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Pope Fracis is essentially hated in this forum, which falsely claims to be a Catholic site.
I would say on the whole, pope Francis is not hated in this forum, that most consider him to be the actual pope, that most pray for him, that most even notice the good things that he often says. For myself I consider him a bad pope, but a real pope and one whom I owe obedience to as pope. I do pray for him regularly, but never that he would just die. That would be so improper a prayer. I am careful to know the limits of papal authority and papal infallibility with this pope. But then I should have been more aware of that all along. I was very enthused when pope Francis was first elected. I was disenthused along the way by so many things but that does not mean I hate him.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My favorite was when he called us coprophagiacs. I learned a new word thanks to the Holy Father.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
My favorite was when he called us coprophagiacs. I learned a new word thanks to the Holy Father.
Argh! Don't even go there. We need to treat him with respect due his person and his office even when called names.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Argh! Don't even go there. We need to treat him with respect due his person and his office even when called names.
Sure, abusive fathers are still heads of their households.

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The only one's showing a lack of mercy, compassion and justice attack the OCD Friars accusing
them of clericalism.

Nowhere has anyone attacked people who follow traditions of the Church.
The priest, who is director of the semi-official Jesuit journal Civiltà Cattolica, asked the pope if he saw dangers in some of those calling for a “reform of the reform.”

Francis answers: “I ask myself about this. For example, I always try to understand what’s behind the people who are too young to have lived the pre-conciliar liturgy but who want it. Sometimes I’ve found myself in front of people who are too strict, who have a rigid attitude. And I wonder: How come such a rigidity? Dig, dig, this rigidity always hides something: insecurity, sometimes even more … Rigidity is defensive. True love is not rigid.”
[Francis warns of ‘rigid’ liturgy, confesses soft spot for old ladies]

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Did Jesus treat the scribes and Pharisees "with respect due their person and office"? Or did He only speak truth, to men who lived in falsity, in hypocrisy?

Mat 23:13 "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you shut the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither enter yourselves, nor allow those who would enter to go in.
Mat 23:15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you traverse sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.
Mat 23:16 "Woe to you, blind guides, who say, 'If any one swears by the temple, it is nothing; but if any one swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.'
Mat 23:17 You blind fools! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that has made the gold sacred?
Mat 23:18 And you say, 'If any one swears by the altar, it is nothing; but if any one swears by the gift that is on the altar, he is bound by his oath.'
Mat 23:19 You blind men! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that makes the gift sacred?
Mat 23:20 So he who swears by the altar, swears by it and by everything on it;
Mat 23:21 and he who swears by the temple, swears by it and by him who dwells in it;
Mat 23:22 and he who swears by heaven, swears by the throne of God and by him who sits upon it.
Mat 23:23 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you tithe mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law, justice and mercy and faith; these you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.
Mat 23:24 You blind guides, straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel!
Mat 23:25 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you cleanse the outside of the cup and of the plate, but inside they are full of extortion and rapacity.
Mat 23:26 You blind Pharisee! first cleanse the inside of the cup and of the plate, that the outside also may be clean.
Mat 23:27 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness.
Mat 23:28 So you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but within you are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
Mat 23:29 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous,
Mat 23:30 saying, 'If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.'
Mat 23:31 Thus you witness against yourselves, that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets.
Mat 23:32 Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers.
Mat 23:33 You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Sure, abusive fathers are still heads of their households.
Yes. We protect ourselves and others from abuse but we do have a duty to respect and love them even while we have a duty to not cover up for them. It's a hard and sometimes painful spot to be in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Exactly. Good on you for the answering. This is the story of how a lot of us feel. I was not going to dignify it with an answer as I saw it as one of many digs and swipes this poster likes to drop in here from time to time. Nobody ever cares to acknowledge all the good that had been posted here and that includes Pope Francis. It’s never acknowledged. The faithful have every right to ask questions and even disagree with what the pope says and does when he is not speaking infallibly. So are we a Catholic forum? You are darn tooting we are. Like it or not. Again, thanks for answering @chevyontheriver, I was biting my lip.
I'm not much of a 'hagan lio' kind of guy. I'd sooner ask 'can't we all just get along'. But the 'hagan lio' happened and we can't pretend it didn't. We have a duty of obedience to our pope. Even, and maybe especially, when we don't like it.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Did Jesus treat the scribes and Pharisees "with respect due their person and office"? Or did He only speak truth, to men who lived in falsity, in hypocrisy?
It was a mixed bag. He did tell his disciples to do as they say but not as they do. Remember that one?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Michie: " I was not going to dignify it with an answers as I saw it as one of many Digs and swipes this poster like to drop in here from time to time."

Michie, exactly whom are you accusing here?
It's telling that you think it was about you even though it wasn't.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does anybody remember when emeritus Pope Benedict was active and how he was downgraded for absolutely nothing? Nobody was howling about it then. In fact some joined in because he was supposed be the scary conservative German watch dog/Nazi? He was only 6 when Hitler came into power. Still, he was actively attacked.

Upvote 0