Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
New York State Attorney General Letitia James on Wednesday announced she is suing former President Donald Trump and three of his children for fraud stemming from her long-running civil investigation into the Trump Organization’s business dealings.

“I am announcing today that we are filing a lawsuit against Donald Trump for violating the law as part of his efforts to generate profits for himself, his family and his company,” James said. “The complaint demonstrates that Donald Trump falsely inflated his net worth by billions of dollars to unjustly enrich himself and to cheat the system, thereby cheating all of us.”

The civil lawsuit seeks at least $250 million in damages.

New York A.G. sues Trump and his adult children for business fraud

Thoughts?

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This stood out to me:
The New York attorney general said she is making a criminal referral to the Internal Revenue Service and Southern District of New York.

The wheels of justice grind slowly...

The lawyer Habba claims that there is no factual basis for the case, but a quick reading of the charges gainsays that.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Accountability has come to call on the corrupt trump clan. It is cathartic to see them finally held responsible for their illegal and unethical behavior. God is a righteous judge and always punishes the wicked. It is a bonus that we mortals may witness some of trump's comeuppance.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Accountability has come to call on the corrupt trump clan. It is cathartic to see them finally held responsible for their illegal and unethical behavior. God is a righteous judge and always punishes the wicked. It is a bonus that we mortals may witness some of trump's comeuppance.
I admire your optimism.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I admire your optimism.
Though the trumps will attempt to scapegoat anyone else, they truly have no one to blame for their own actions but themselves. I do feel satisfaction in finally witnessing authorities hold trump's feet to the fire. Their decades of letting him off the hook has exacerbated his blatant criminality and created this danger to our fragile democracy.

Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Good Day,

I would take a very good team of attorney's over the DA of NY any time any day... Matter of fact even over the current DOJ as well.

In Him,

Bill
With how hard the Trumps have to scrape the barrel to find legal representation these days good is a bit generous of a description of what they have.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I think it is becoming a hobby for the AG - an on going quest

DA's last big decision: Whether to charge Trump

Grand jury in New York Trump investigation will be dissolved, report claims

Trump Still Faces a Reckoning in New York

https://thehill.com/opinion/crimina...rom-the-indictment-of-the-trump-organization/

Once Out Of Office, Trump Faces Significant Legal Peril | WSKG

NY Attorney General Letitia James has 67 indictments on trump ready to be unsealed on January 21, 2021

It falls under gimme a break - almost 70 different indictments and not one has resulted in charges. Talk about grasping at straws!

It is laughable.

The only people to hold more investigations resulting in zero are the Democratic leaders in Congress with over 300.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've lost count - how many times in the last five years has this dear one attempted to litigate against Trump? 9 or 10 times now?
Letitia James? She has been investigating Mr. Trump for the three years since she has been in office, 2019, but I believe this is the first case she has brought against him. If you know of any other, please cite.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Letitia James? She has been investigating Mr. Trump for since she has been in office, 2019, but I believe this is the first case she has brought against him. If you know of any other, please cite.

Post #13

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it is becoming a hobby for the AG - an on going quest

DA's last big decision: Whether to charge Trump
NYS AG is not the same as Manhattan DA . James is not Vance.
Again, that was a criminal investigation while this one is civil.

Yet again, Manhattan DA is not NYS AG.

Although related, the Trump organization is not Mr. Trump and the little Trumplings and that is, again, Manhattan DA not NYS AG. Weisselberg is not going to turn on his boss, maybe....
Once Out Of Office, Trump Faces Significant Legal Peril | WSKG

NY Attorney General Letitia James has 67 indictments on trump ready to be unsealed on January 21, 2021
It falls under gimme a break - almost 70 different indictments and not one has resulted in charges. Talk about grasping at straws!
Those were not filed. This one now, today, is. An indictment is a charge - perhaps you mean investigation?

It is laughable.

The only people to hold more investigations resulting in zero are the Democratic leaders in Congress with over 300.
There is a difference between speculative indictments pending from a year ago and actual indictments filed today. I don't think Mr. Trump and the little Trumplings are laughing.

Last edited:
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This stood out to me:

The wheels of justice grind slowly...

The lawyer Habba claims that there is no factual basis for the case, but a quick reading of the charges gainsays that.
Trump's lawyers said that because Weisselberg took a plea and is testifying for the prosecution they need more time to plan a different defense case. Stalling...

One of the accusations is the defense is trying to stall," Merchan said. "It's starting to feel that way a little bit. ... I am repeating. We are not delaying this trial. It's starting Oct. 24th and we're going forward."

Prosecutors charged Trump's company and Weisselberg in July 2021 with scheming to defraud, tax fraud and falsifying business records for awarding "off-the-books" perks to senior executives.

No delay for Trump Organization criminal tax fraud trial

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right, this is against the Trump Organization, not Mr. Trump.

She assumed office in 2019. The case against Trump Foundation ended with the dissolution of the foundation and the prohibition against the Trump children involved ever to serve on a foundation board in New York, aka "guilty".

Not AG James and the foundation and its board were found culpable, so...

Yeah, Eric Schneiderman not Letitia James.

Eric Schneiderman not Letitia James and the Trump administration, not Mr. Trump.

Yeah, this is not from 2016, but the current indictment. You forgot the suits against Trump University.

If lawsuits were green stamps - they could furnish a home.
No one knows what those are anymore - gosh! you must be as old as me. But Mr. Trump is certainly no stranger to lawsuits - he sues as often as he gets sued. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I would take a very good team of attorney's over the DA of NY any time any day... Matter of fact even over the current DOJ as well.

Does Trump have a history of hiring good attorneys?

Upvote 0