Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
NPR almost always has a very liberal point of view. I have not seen or read or heard a conservative point of view on NPR.
Funny. Some long time listeners identify that it is slowly drifting to the right. Most outlets rate it left centre or centre.

I'm sorry. I don't think you characterization of npr is precise and certainly not appropriate to dismiss it as a source of news. You may need a bit of zooming to see this.

It's silly to think that there such a thing as totally unbiased news but its probably good to understand how bias a source actually is before dismissing it

Attachments

• 1711669531070.png
    1711669531070.png
    777.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is not always that they are outright lying, but when Trump is being booked, for example, they scrounge to find a story of some good guy with a gun who apprehended a burglar in El Paso. Triple win for them: Gun. Undocumented burglar. Distracts from Trump's crimes.

BBC is good for the skeptical.

Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, properties cannot be shipped offshore, but title can be transferred somewhat easily, providing they are not over leveraged.
Actually, in most states, you can not.

There are laws against what they call "Fraudulent Conveyance"/"Fraudulent Transfer" (different states use different nomenclature, but it all refers to the same thing)

Explained in plain terms, if you're the subject of an ongoing legal matter which could have the implication of requiring you to sell your property (or a lawsuit is filed by another party where the property itself is the target of the legal dispute), you can't simply gift the property to your friends or immediate family members.

If it were that simple, people would be doing it all the time during pending divorce proceedings.
"Oh, my wife filed for divorce and has declared her intent to sue for half the house and 1 of the 2 cars?... that's a shame, I just gave my buddy Steve the house and the car as his early birthday present, so I guess you can't get those"

And given that the real-estate title transfer process takes 4-6 six (even in more basic situations), the chances that he's going to give his holdings to Don Jr. as a means of avoiding potential losses at the conclusion of the legal processes (and the judge somehow isn't going to catch it) is slim and none.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
NPR almost always has a very liberal point of view. I have not seen or read or heard a conservative point of view on NPR.
Are you perhaps confusing NPR with some other outlet, or maybe just factoring in one particular show on there or something?

As a whole, they've always been one of the more centrist (and somewhat bland) outlets...largely by necessity, as the fact that they're publicly funded gives them more constraints to work under than other purely private media outlets.

Since they roll up to the CPB, back in 2005, they've been subject to this:
CPB, which funds a portion of public broadcasting, appoints two ombudsmen -- one for the left and one for the right -- to monitor programs.

I think in the case of NPR, people tend to conflate the "leaning of their core audience" with "the leaning of the outlet itself"

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In all the court cases against Trump, I usually like to wait until the SCOTUS has made their decision. They usually get that far, and he usually wins. We'll see if this one is an outlier. Having worked in commercial real estate myself, I highly doubt it. :cool:

Which cases has Donald Trump won before the SCOTUS? Aside from the Colorado ballot case I don't believe SCOUTUS has ruled on any of the current active cases against Trump.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Yeah. Everybody does it. I've been following this story for a while. It's why I use the truck driver example. I understand that perhaps literally everybody may not do it, just as there may be three or four truck drivers in the world that have never sped.

We are talking about
In all the court cases against Trump, I usually like to wait until the SCOTUS has made their decision. They usually get that far, and he usually wins. We'll see if this one is an outlier. Having worked in commercial real estate myself, I highly doubt it. :cool:

As a whole, they've always been one of the more centrist (and somewhat bland) outlets...largely by necessity, as the fact that they're publicly funded gives them more constraints to work under than other purely private media outlets.
Wikipedia - NPR receives a small number of competitive grants from CPB and federal agencies like the Department of Education and the Department of Commerce. This funding amounts amounted to less than 1% of revenues.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wikipedia - NPR receives a small number of competitive grants from CPB and federal agencies like the Department of Education and the Department of Commerce. This funding amounts amounted to less than 1% of revenues.
Evidently any amount of public funding is enough to get extra scrutiny though...

As noted in the latter part of my post, the CPB appoints both a left and right ombudsman to oversee and monitor content.
(which is a good thing... I was defending NPR when I said they were centrist and bland, that was compliment to them and not an insult lol, I wish all media outlets were as centrist and bland as they are)

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, in most states, you can not.
I don't know about most states as I have only ever bought and sold real estate in New York.

There are laws against what they call "Fraudulent Conveyance"/"Fraudulent Transfer" (different states use different nomenclature, but it all refers to the same thing)

Explained in plain terms, if you're the subject of an ongoing legal matter which could have the implication of requiring you to sell your property (or a lawsuit is filed by another party where the property itself is the target of the legal dispute), you can't simply gift the property to your friends or immediate family members.
It doesn't stop people from trying.
Barbara Jones Letter Jan 2024 to Judge Engoron regarding Trump Org.

If it were that simple, people would be doing it all the time during pending divorce proceedings.
"Oh, my wife filed for divorce and has declared her intent to sue for half the house and 1 of the 2 cars?... that's a shame, I just gave my buddy Steve the house and the car as his early birthday present, so I guess you can't get those"
From what I have read, people are doing that all the time, particularly in divorces.

Anecdote: I listened to an ad on radio which pitched to people seeking to hide their assets offshore. I was just surprised at how blatant the ad was, practically soliciting fraud.

And given that the real-estate title transfer process takes 4-6 six (even in more basic situations),
4-6 what? Days, in my experience. Once the papers are signed and recorded by the county clerk, it is done. My husband owns both private and commercial property (small landlord, restaurateur), all in NY. A quitclaim transfer to a family member is even quicker.

the chances that he's going to give his holdings to Don Jr. as a means of avoiding potential losses at the conclusion of the legal processes (and the judge somehow isn't going to catch it) is slim and none.
Not at the end of the legal process, but even as it is being litigated. Ret. Judge Jones has already caught quite a bit of "irregularities". Barron is a more likely recipient as he is unencumbered by judgements and ongoing litigation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums