Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I was unaware that you are a person of authority here - oh, you aren't.
c'mon, man. You missed the context clues. Just admit you made the mistake. Seriously, go back and re-read the comment. It's pretty obvious.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I was unaware that you are a person of authority here - oh, you aren't.
I am trying to help you out. You misread the post, then insulted another member due to your misreading.

Don't apologize to the other member, just double down....like rightists tend to do today.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Indeed. The lesson here is that Donald receives special privileges not afforded to others.

Example of someone tried on the same charges - with no victim - (the banks testified they wanted to do business with him again) - who paid the debts in full - who had in their contract that the banks should do their own assessment of the values of the property - then get fined half a billion dollars and have to come up with it in total in cash before they could appeal the decision.

Please - name one.

Indeed yes - the lesson is that Donald is being very differently treated - thank Goodness for the Appellate court bringing some sanity into the mix.
Please address this request as soon as you present the proof of your statement, I’ll address you last post to me.

Two way streets have the most traffic.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Pssst.... Letita James is a she, not a he. It does not really help a position when you cannot get the gender of the person correct.

I'm not trying to gender assign, but she has never claimed otherwise.
PSST...you misread the post and have made a spectacle of it by doubling down and not retracting the comment. Why can't you just admit the mistake?

Last edited:
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
PSST...you misread the post and have made a spectacle of it by doubling down and not retracting the comment. Why can't you just admit the mistake?
Yup I sure did. I misread it. There is my honest reply. I made a mistake

Looking forward to your likewise honest reply to my question.

Thank you showing me the error.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Example of someone tried on the same charges - with no victim - (the banks testified they wanted to do business with him again) - who paid the debts in full - who had in their contract that the banks should do their own assessment of the values of the property - then get fined half a billion dollars and have to come up with it in total in cash before they could appeal the decision.

Please - name one.

Indeed yes - the lesson is that Donald is being very differently treated - thank Goodness for the Appellate court bringing some sanity into the mix.
The conditions placed on my query are ridiculous. Same charges? No victim? First off that condition is moot. The law used to fine Donald did not require a 'victim' as you say.

12. Whenever any person shall engage in repeated fraudulent or illegal acts or otherwise demonstrate persistent fraud or illegality in the carrying on, conducting or transaction of business, the attorney general may apply, in the name of the people of the state of New York, to the supreme court of the state of New York, on notice of five days, for an order enjoining the continuance of such business activity or of any fraudulent or illegal acts, directing restitution and damages and, in an appropriate case, cancelling any certificate filed under and by virtue of the provisions of section four hundred forty of the former penal law   3 or section one hundred thirty of the general business law, and the court may award the relief applied for or so much thereof as it may deem proper.  The word “fraud” or “fraudulent” as used herein shall include any device, scheme or artifice to defraud and any deception, misrepresentation, concealment, suppression, false pretense, false promise or unconscionable contractual provisions.  The term “persistent fraud” or “illegality” as used herein shall include continuance or carrying on of any fraudulent or illegal act or conduct.  The term “repeated” as used herein shall include repetition of any separate and distinct fraudulent or illegal act, or conduct which affects more than one person.  Notwithstanding any law to the contrary, all monies recovered or obtained under this subdivision by a state agency or state official or employee acting in their official capacity shall be subject to subdivision eleven of section four of the state finance law.

In connection with any such application, the attorney general is authorized to take proof and make a determination of the relevant facts and to issue subpoenas in accordance with the civil practice law and rules.  Such authorization shall not abate or terminate by reason of any action or proceeding brought by the attorney general under this section.

Here are a few of the NY lawsuits where the bond was set higher than Donalds's, which makes his son Eric a liar, or ignorant at minimum, for claiming nobody else had to pay such a large bond.

Moreover, contrary to the assertions in Mr. Giulietti’s reply affirmation
(see Giulietti Affirm. ¶¶ 16, 22), there is nothing unusual about even billion-dollar
judgments being fully bonded on appeal. See, e.g., Supersedeas Bond, Sony Music
Entertainment v. Cox Communications, Inc., No. 18-cv-950 (E.D. Va. Feb. 8, 2021),
ECF No. 731 ($1 billion); Supersedeas Bond, Apple, Inc. v. Samsung Elecs. Co., No.
11-cv-1846 (N.D. Cal. Mar. 11, 2014), ECF No. 3028-1 ($1 billion); Supersedeas Bond,
Carnegie Mellon, No. 09-cv-290 (W.D. Pa.), ECF No. 955 ($1.54 billion); Supersedeas
Bond, Oracle, No. 07-cv-1658 (N.D. Cal.), ECF No. 1076-1 ($1.33 billion).

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A state appeals court ruled that Donald Trump and his co-defendants in the New York civil fraud case have 10 days to post a $175 million bond, down from the $464 million judgment that was originally due Monday.​
The 11th-hour ruling from a panel of state Appellate Division judges, all appointed by Democratic governors, is a major victory and relief for the former president, whose attorneys had said coming up with the larger bond was a “practical impossibility.” The ruling also means state Attorney General Letitia James’ office cannot yet begin collecting on the judgment.​
His MO, even back when he was the sitting president, seems to be to lose in the lower courts and win in the higher courts. When I see some of the shenanigans pulled in the lower courts, this isn't surprising. Who expected him to lose in the SCOTUS regarding Colorado? My circle of friends fully expected a unanimous verdict. We were not surprised. And IMO, any news network who was bringing on "experts" who were arguing that he could lose in the SCOTUS can not be taken seriously. It's not that I think they are biased against him. Rather, I think they are more concerned about keeping the news "interesting" rather than simply reporting it. i.e. they are strictly about entertainment value.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That doesn’t sound like the weaponization of the justice system against him.
Usually it's just the lower courts that are weaponized. That's why I think they were really trying to get the money out of him before he could get an appeal heard. They know they are going to lose this once unbiased higher courts hear it. It's what usually happens in these political witch hunts against Trump.

But that's just my opinion. And as I like to say, opinions vary. :cool:

Let us see how this plays out.:)

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
His MO, even back when he was the sitting president, seems to be to lose in the lower courts and win in the higher courts. When I see some of the shenanigans pulled in the lower courts, this isn't surprising. Who expected him to lose in the SCOTUS regarding Colorado? My circle of friends fully expected a unanimous verdict. We were not surprised. And IMO, any news network who was bringing on "experts" who were arguing that he could lose in the SCOTUS can not be taken seriously. It's not that I think they are biased against him. Rather, I think they are more concerned about keeping the news "interesting" rather than simply reporting it. i.e. they are strictly about entertainment value.
It is easier when the man running around the country criming America got to place three hand-picked rightists on the most powerful court in the land so they can help him out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the same of you.
That's good - because I am most certainly am not - that is one of the many reasons I do my best to stay on topic and not address someone's behavior. I'm not perfect, but I sure do try

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
His MO, even back when he was the sitting president, seems to be to lose in the lower courts and win in the higher courts.
All 59 verdicts of cases he and his supporters brought in 2020 were upheld.

When I see some of the shenanigans pulled in the lower courts, this isn't surprising.
Yeah, it's amazing how many of the shenanigans are his own. That is his modus operandi - to have his stable of lawyers on retainer to sue the pants off of poorer opponents, e.g. stiffed contractors. He was a great admirer of Roy Cohn, the mob lawyer.

Who expected him to lose in the SCOTUS regarding Colorado?
Is this a weird rhetorical question? Because a great many people expected his to lose. I don't know of many, given the current makeup of USSC, who expected him to lose.

My circle of friends fully expected a unanimous verdict. We were not surprised.
They got a unanimous verdict, too.

And IMO, any news network who was bringing on "experts" who were arguing that he could lose in the SCOTUS can not be taken seriously.
Why not? There was an argument to be made based on a plain reading of the article.

It's not that I think they are biased against him. Rather, I think they are more concerned about keeping the news "interesting" rather than simply reporting it. i.e. they are strictly about entertainment value.
Yep, gotta agree with you there - it's all about market share and profits as befits our capitalist country.

Usually it's just the lower courts that are weaponized.
The lower courts used to be Donald's weapon of choice, before he found Twitter and rallies.

That's why I think they were really trying to get the money out of him before he could get an appeal heard.
Well, that's the actual New York State law. Should they wave this law just for him, because he is so special and somehow above the law?

They know they are going to lose this once unbiased higher courts hear it. It's what usually happens in these political witch hunts against Trump.
He may get/will probably get/ the punitive damages reduced as that is exceedingly common, but the bulk of the fine will stand as the case was proven.

But that's just my opinion. And as I like to say, opinions vary. :cool:

Let us see how this plays out.:)
Whatever else, Donald J Trump is entertaining.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is easier when the man running around the country criming America got to place three hand-picked rightists on the most powerful court in the land so they can help him out.
That's really how you see it? Well, opinions vary.

Just a thought: the criteria for getting in the supreme court is higher than for lower courts. It tends to increase the quality of the judges, and their decisions. That's why the 9th is the most overturned court. And it's not because the higher court (SCOTUS) is biased. ;)

• Agree
Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All 59 verdicts of cases he and his supporters brought in 2020 were upheld.

Yeah, it's amazing how many of the shenanigans are his own. That is his modus operandi - to have his stable of lawyers on retainer to sue the pants off of poorer opponents, e.g. stiffed contractors. He was a great admirer of Roy Cohn, the mob lawyer.

Is this a weird rhetorical question? Because a great many people expected his to lose. I don't know of many, given the current makeup of USSC, who expected him to lose.

They got a unanimous verdict, too.

Why not? There was an argument to be made based on a plain reading of the article.

Yep, gotta agree with you there - it's all about market share and profits as befits our capitalist country.

The lower courts used to be Donald's weapon of choice, before he found Twitter and rallies.

Well, that's the actual New York State law. Should they wave this law just for him, because he is so special and somehow above the law?

He may get/will probably get/ the punitive damages reduced as that is exceedingly common, but the bulk of the fine will stand as the case was proven.

Whatever else, Donald J Trump is entertaining.
Well, I agree that 2020 was certainly a special case. And there are some important reasons for it. Regarding the current cases against him. It is always entertaining to watch.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

Just a thought: the criteria for getting in the supreme court is higher than for lower courts. It tends to increase the quality of the judges, and their decisions. That's why the 9th is the most overturned court. And it's not because the higher court (SCOTUS) is biased. ;)
No. All it takes is a simple majority in the Senate to approve a judge. We see the quality with our own eyes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Readers will note that while the Supreme Court does indeed have a conservative majority - they also have a very vocal liberal presence, who are not shy when they disagree. There have also been a number of times that the Chief Justice ruled on the side of the Liberals.

In this case it was unanimous - there were no dissentions - not one of the Liberal Justices dissented. It's that fact that completely negates the "packed the Court" argument.

• Agree
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Well said - QFT

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟2,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
But the hush money trial will proceed as scheduled, 4/15.

The lower bond is fine. If James had tried to attach assets, he would've played the victim and the martyr. What a pathetic joke.
he doesn't have to play the martyr or victim

He is that, regardless.

Really sickening how our "justice system" has been highjacked by the Politics First elite democrats

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟2,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
keeping the news interesting?

More like they want to keep the news LIBERAL

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In the case of the Scotus ruling (as it pertains to the Colorado situation), given that the decision on that one was unanimous, I don't think it would've mattered whether or not he had 3 handpicked people on there.

Clearance Thomas and Alito still would've been on there (they always tend to go one particular way)

...and the 3 left-leaning justices decided the same way as did John Roberts and the 3 that Trump picked.

Upvote 0