Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Yeah, nothing but an evil conspiracy to distract from the Reptoid nazi takeover of America.
Quick quiz:
White extremist/right wing hate crimes are:
1) Descreasing
2) Staying the same
3) Increasing
4) Rapidly increasing
since Trump came to power?
Here's the problem. Trump, for better or worse, with (our without) admitting it, emboldens those people. So is there a concern about a COMPLETE take over? No. There's just a concern about the black people living down your street having to worry even MORE about being the victim of a hate crime.

But it's true that there is nothing in the Bill of Rights that says you must care about your neighbours.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Quick quiz:
1) Descreasing
2) Staying the same
3) Increasing
4) Rapidly increasing
Here's the problem. Trump, for better or worse, with (our without) admitting it, emboldens those people. So is there a concern about a COMPLETE take over? No. There's just a concern about the black people living down your street having to worry even MORE about being the victim of a hate crime.

But it's true that there is nothing in the Bill of Rights that says you must care about your neighbours.

If you are going to try and make a comment that attempts to paint me as un-Christian, at least have the intestinal fortitude to be blunt about it and don't beat around the bush.

Hate crimes are on the rise, but the extent of which is difficult to determine due to most people using the SPLC, which is biased and unethical. However, hate crimes have been increasing for several years now, and not just against black and other minorities. As I previously provided you in PMs, BLM groups have been rather bold in their targeting, and I would argue that this is likely the major reason for the increase in white supremacist activities. Were they emboldened by Trump's win? Most likely, but the black supremacists likely felt the same thing with Obama's win. Neither are responsible for either group.

I can already see the responses from the defense team to my post. "Victim blaming! Whataboutism! " and that would be false. My point, just as it was years ago when the black supremacists first started really getting active, was that hate groups feed off of each other, and ignoring and excusing one will lead to the rise of the others. White supremacists were semi-tolerated in the 50s and 60s, and this led to black supremacists rising up. Now, black supremacists have been semi-tolerated and the white supremacists have become resurgent.

Just like with neo-nazis and Antifa, you have to stand against both or you are acting in futility. All violent groups, all racist groups must be rejected. Even if you don't consider them equal threats, by ignoring one and attacking the other you are allowing the group you hate to be seen as being treated unfairly. I don't like neo-nazis, I think that they are scum, and I don't like having to point out that no, you cannot punch them for saying their stupid nonsense, but this is what I have been forced into because some people in here don't understand what freedom of speech means.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No. I'm saying it is blown way out of proportion as a way to distract from actual Nazi and KKK marches where people opposing those groups are murdered. Why anyone would want to do that is a mystery to me.

Even though the Berkeley happened long before Charlottesville?

Also, what part is out of proportion? It would seem that if a group manages to trample someone's freedom of speech once it's newsworthy.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,106.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Quick quiz:
1) Descreasing
2) Staying the same
3) Increasing
4) Rapidly increasing

Let me guess. His post will include at least one reference to Antifa being morally equivalent.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,106.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Even though the Berkeley happened long before Charlottesville?

Also, what part is out of proportion?

Faking pictures seems to be a pretty good indication that something's amiss.

It would seem that if a group manages to trample someone's freedom of speech once it's newsworthy.

Not as big a story as literally running someone over, but you wouldn't know it given the topics people seem to thin are most important in threads like these.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
upload_2017-10-16_4-11-39.jpeg

Thread is permanently closed
for
many off-topic and flaming post.

Flaming and Goading:

Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
  • Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
  • NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, smileys or post ratings which are clearly meant to goad. Quoting and then editing another members post to change the original meaning, commonly referred to as "fixed it for you" (FIFY), is considered goading.
  • Offensive derogatory nicknames and egregious inflammatory comments about public figures may be considered goading.
  • Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.
  • If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.
Statement of Purpose and Off-Topic:
Read and abide by each forum's Statement of Purpose; Statement of Purpose threads are sticky threads located at the top of the forum's page. Not all forums have a Statement of Purpose thread. Start threads that are relevant to that forum's stated purpose. Submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion.

Carry on.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.