• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Women Shouldn't Have the Right to Vote Says 'Alt-Right' Leader Richard Spencer

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by SummerMadness, Oct 16, 2017.

1. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+11,577
    Catholic
    Women Shouldn't Have the Right to Vote Says 'Alt-Right' Leader Richard Spencer
    Oh, it's just another viewpoint.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Saucy

Saucy Fear is faith in the enemy. Supporter

+15,206
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Women can vote?

3. Redac

Redac Regular Member

+932
    Catholic
    Single
    "Wow just wow" isn't a refutation of anything, believe it or not.

4. Christie insb

Christie insb Well-Known Member

+505
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I don't think this demands refutation because it's so absurd.

5. Nithavela

Nithavela Cool catchphrase goes here

+15,740
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Reading the interview, it seems like he thinks men shouldn't have to right to vote, too.

6. super animator

super animator Dreamer

+1,936
    Agnostic
    Does it need refutation?

7. ThatRobGuy

ThatRobGuy Part of the IT crowd Supporter

+10,683
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I guess it's not too surprising. Ann Coulter said something similar.

If people haven't figured it out by now, the GOP has been a big fan of the strategy of "When it comes to the groups that don't tend to vote for us, instead of finding ways to legitimately win some of their support, let's just find way to make it so it's harder for them to vote".

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli Everybody's Playing in the Heart of Gold Band Staff Member Hands-on Trainee Supporter

+4,260
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I guess the rules on who is and who is not allowed to vote is debatable. Felons and juveniles probably not. But women..? Lol. Yeah right. :rolleyes:

9. Ana the Ist

Ana the Ist Aggressively serene!

+8,199
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Bigoted man has bigoted views...news at 11.

10. mala

mala fluffy lion

+2,320
    Muslim
    Single
    i think richard spender just needs another punch in the face. if it's too long between doses he starts acting up.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Rion

Rion Annuit Cœptis Supporter

+6,198
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    When someone serves up an easy pitch, it's kind of disappointing for people to bunt it.

12. Redac

Redac Regular Member

+932
    Catholic
    Single
    If you want to just signal to everyone else how morally and intellectually superior you are by dismissing an argument or position out of hand as being too absurd to even warrant being addressed, that's your prerogative. I would suggest you reconsider that tactic, though. It doesn't work nearly as well anymore as you might think.

13. Christie insb

+505
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Do you think so? It just makes me sick to my stomach to think about it.

14. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,821
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    I have a great grandfather that's alive. But boy his mind isn't that great.... Should people with limited mental capacity be allowed to vote when they can barely recognise their own family?

15. Christie insb

+505
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Does he vote? Can he fill out the ballot on his own? I guess I think that if he is involved in the process and he is interested in it, great. I would have a problem with a relative just filling out the ballot, though.

16. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,821
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    No my point is really that he is eligible to vote though. If i wanted I could say c'mon grandad I'll help you. I just don't think there's any stipulations around mental competence.

17. Redac

Redac Regular Member

+932
    Catholic
    Single
    Do you think his say in how your government and society function should be just as equal and valid as anyone else's?

18. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,821
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    No I dont. Not because he doesnt have rights, but because he would be makimg a decision he has little capacity to understand, that effects yours and my life

19. Redac

Redac Regular Member

+932
    Catholic
    Single
    So where would you draw the line on whether someone has the sufficient capacity to understand the effects of what they're voting for?

20. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,821
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Well thats a good question. Extremes are easy of course... its those on the blurred line that becomes difficult to define. Im pointing out my frustration that I cant vote and I make an effort to know whats going on. But if I walked my g grandad to a polling station he would be allowed to.