Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yep. If the people bringing up Antifa would at least admit that the Nazis were the violent ones in this particular protest I could understand the mentions. But it sure looks like an attempt to totally erase the fact that KKK and Nazi members killed someone at the event. I don't know why anyone would be so sympathetic to white supremacists to want to do that, but it makes it very hard to take their propaganda seriously.

There's no doubt they killed someone at the event....no doubt they also hurt a lot of people by driving through them.

I'm sure a lot of people have seen the overhead video of the car plowing through the crowd...and it fits a narrative of an angry neo nazi who wanted to hurt as many counter protesters as possible. That is something deplorable.

There's also a video at street level of someone bashing in his windshield (I think? Been awhile since I watched it) and a brick thrown (possibly through his window?) and that paints another picture entirely. If he was indeed surrounded by protesters trying to hurt him...he may get off on a self defense plea....or take significantly reduced charges.

I don't like nazis...but I'll reserve judgment till all the facts are in.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There's no doubt they killed someone at the event....no doubt they also hurt a lot of people by driving through them.

I'm sure a lot of people have seen the overhead video of the car plowing through the crowd...and it fits a narrative of an angry neo nazi who wanted to hurt as many counter protesters as possible. That is something deplorable.

There's also a video at street level of someone bashing in his windshield (I think? Been awhile since I watched it) and a brick thrown (possibly through his window?) and that paints another picture entirely. If he was indeed surrounded by protesters trying to hurt him...he may get off on a self defense plea....or take significantly reduced charges.

I don't like nazis...but I'll reserve judgment till all the facts are in.

Call me old-fashioned, but I guess I'd need more than vague "maybes" and "ifs" before I start publicly supporting white supremacists.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Call me old-fashioned, but I guess I'd need more than vague "maybes" and "ifs" before I start publicly supporting white supremacists.

I do too...unless of course, we're talking about the right to freedom of speech, peaceable assembly, and self defense...

That is, if it turns out to be self defense.

Upvote 0