California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I remember in the recent past how the "normal right wing" lambasted the "normal muslims" for "not doing enough" because they were not immediately speaking out against and condemning Islamic terrorist attacks in the strongest of terms possible, claiming that by their silence they were complicit.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot it seems the normal right doth protest too much.

Everyone on here is condemning the right wing terrorist attack. Have you met anyone in person said this behavior is what Christ wants His followers to do?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jacinda Adhern:

She speaks for me.
She would if that were true.. But these cultures all collect in social regions and only cross interact out of necessity .for the most part they have nothing to do with each other.

Not that it gives a few very evil and demonicly tormented men the right to shoot anyone at all.

I find it dusturbing they are calling it terrorism .
Its just a few evil people acting out thier hatred so why use the term terrorism?

Im guesing like all governments they seek to use a tradgedy to impose more security restrictions on nz .

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Very sad, I just saw this on Facebook. Apparently the first mass shooting there in 21 years. A dreadful body count and people injured. Sorry to hear this and sent up a prayer.
It is interesting that people from all over the city are bringing flowers and cards to place near the mosque. The news showed a man bringing flowers and then praying "a Christian prayer" for the families of the victims and for the Muslim community. As the Muslim community sees the Christian community mourning with them, this could be a powerful Christian testimony coming out of a very dark and horrific incident. It could very well be that an incident that the devil has orchestrated, can be turned powerfully to good by the love of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is such a tragedy and I pray for those departed souls, the family, and friends of those who lost their lives and those who were present that will have to live with the dreadful experience they had to endure. My prayers also go out to the people of New Zealand who in the past had not experienced the senseless violence perpetrated by these vicious terrorists.

To think that a madman from Australia made that trip to New Zealand to commit this horrible crime is beyond belief, I feel ashamed to call myself an Australian at the moment.

Here in Australia we also have our own nutcases in positions of power that promote exclusion of people based on race and religion.
True..they keep sending back nzr's

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is interesting that people from all over the city are bringing flowers and cards to place near the mosque. The news showed a man bringing flowers and then praying "a Christian prayer" for the families of the victims and for the Muslim community. As the Muslim community sees the Christian community mourning with them, this could be a powerful Christian testimony coming out of a very dark and horrific incident. It could very well be that an incident that the devil has orchestrated, can be turned powerfully to good by the love of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit.
Out side the term muslim... They are people
Argh it tares my heart to think how it feels to suddenly and hatefully have ones wife child husband father brother gunned down
I cannot comprehend the feelings

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Now the news is saying anyone who supports Trump supports what happened because this guy loved Trump. Really? This guy was a far right extremist. One who also loved the Axis and Hitler. The normal right doesn't support this sort of stuff....ever.

Trump is the new normal right. And that's what bothers some of us. We've seen otherwise sensible people excuse the inexcusable so many times, you have to forgive us for being dubious when people assume it's not a package deal.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

I know after the Pulse attack there was alot of stuff like that happened here in Orlando, and I think it helped. I was surprised by the responses of churches as well, in some cases it forced them to start having difficult conversations about a community most ignored or treated as pariahs or problems. The Episcopal (Anglican) cathedral here even had a tolling of the bells (and I actually personally knew somebody that was involved in that), when it had previously been pretty notorious for being cautious and stubborn, compared to the national church's stance. But I think in the case of New Zealand, it's going to be more straightforward.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,799.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I find it dusturbing they are calling it terrorism .
Its just a few evil people acting out thier hatred so why use the term terrorism?
While there is no universally accepted definition of terrorism, it varies from country to country and among jurisdictions, this incident was no doubt a terrorist attack based on the perpetrators own words and the most basic definitions of terrorism.

Dictionary definition:

terrorism: the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

The START Global Terrorism Database uses the following to define an act of terrorism:

"the threatened or actual use of illegal force and violence by a non-state actor to attain a political, economic, religious, or social goal through fear, coercion, or intimidation."

• Agree
Reactions: MariaJLM
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While there is no universally accepted definition of terrorism, it varies from country to country and among jurisdictions, this incident was no doubt a terrorist attack based on the perpetrators own words and the most basic definitions of terrorism.

Dictionary definition:

terrorism: the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

The START Global Terrorism Database uses the following to define an act of terrorism:

"the threatened or actual use of illegal force and violence by a non-state actor to attain a political, economic, religious, or social goal through fear, coercion, or intimidation."
ok i stand corrected . thanks
the sad thing is there is always political agenda in their response to tragedy And the immense hypocrisy ..
i domt want to dowplay the horror of the present tradgedy . NZ is a small country and its easy for there to be many third and 4th party connection with victims from all over the country .so it that way it will be felt here very deeply for a long time .-i just want to make that clear in the context of my post here .

in the context of governments and deaths ... far more die from lung cancer but they profit here off a huge tobacco tax. over 200 died on roads in the last 12 months ..that too is a tragedy but it happens every year -praise go its down on average by 100s .but its over 1000 souls in 5 years ..
Alcohol directly and indirectly kills huge number maiam families and the hoors are huge nasty and weekly . but the alcohol still flows freely with the government racking in the taxes etc .. they hurry to change no laws . but in these cases they will (quite likely )RUSH through another wave of security law changes that further undermine democratic freedoms . id like to know what the stats are on law changes . but western countries and governments have changed more laws in the last 30 years then they have in the last probably 300 years for all i know .they use human tragedy to play on fear . but the fear is illusionary . :(
well . you know -we are coping with how ro respond in the real world outside the political one .

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You’re kidding right?
He live streamed the attack from a body cam… You can see the white supremacist inscriptions in white on his assault weapon, and he did some commentary on camera in the car before beginning the attack.

You might want to educate yourself before commenting

Really? So has anybody even read any part of his manifesto?

Some of the highlights, lets see he isn't Christian, isn't Conservative and claims to be an eco-fascist, (and who knows what all else in that silly mess he wrote, that's if he even wrote it). He used big bad mean looking guns instead of clubs, rocks, vehicles, airplanes, bombs or poison and he killed a bunch of Muslims. (BTA there are people of all political ideologies and religions currently fighting Islamist extremists around the world).

So I'm really curious as to how this all evolved into him being extreme right wing in such a very short period of time? :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Pittsburgh Muslim community came out in support of the Jewish community following the Tree of Life shooting. Now the Jewing community is reciprocating. They are working to raise money for the mosque in New Zealand. Several family members of those killed in the Tree of Life shooting attended a service at a Pittsburgh mosque yesterday. This horrible tragedy can bring people together.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Some of the highlights, lets see he isn't Christian, isn't Conservative and claims to be an eco-fascist, (and who knows what all else in that silly mess he wrote, that's if he even wrote it). He used big bad mean looking guns instead of clubs, rocks, vehicles, airplanes, bombs or poison and he killed a bunch of Muslims. (BTA there are people of all political ideologies and religions currently fighting Islamist extremists around the world).

So I'm really curious as to how this all evolved into him being extreme right wing in such a very short period of time? :scratch:

Eco-fascism is actually compatible with the Right. After all, the Nazis had a reverence for nature, similar to some modern neo-pagan groups, who occasionally have rightwing adherents. Their ideas of natural purity fit in with the notion of racial contamination, as well.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,799.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have and it's a seemingly never ending rambling of white supremacy and racist talking points among his sharing of other right-wing points of view.

So I'm really curious as to how this all evolved into him being extreme right wing in such a very short period of time?
Here is a good definition of right-wing extremism.

Violence in support of the belief that personal and/or national way of life is under attack and is either already lost or that the threat is imminent. Characterized by anti-globalism, racial or ethnic supremacy or nationalism, suspicion of centralized federal authority, reverence for individual liberty, and/or belief in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty.

Based on the definition above, it was easy to come to the immediate conclusion that Brenton Tarrant is a right-wing extremist.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think its a coincidence these attackers are almost always young. Once you reach a certain age, you tend to get more wisdom and are able to see more nuance to the world. And if you don't, maybe you become a firebrand preacher or political ideologue. But most people simply grow out of that kind of mindset.

Also, the weak personal ties of single males is probably a substantial factor. No family to take care of, so nothing to lose in what will likely amount to a suicide attack or the very least, the last thing you ever do as a free human being.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the last thing you ever do as a free human being.
Oh NZ will be under international pressure to bring him to ⚖ justice with the full penalty of the law.... So he will be in prison... Ouh about 11 years :scratch:

Ok
Maybe 19..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you look at Europe France, England, Sweden and the mass migration of Muslims to those countries there is proof that this group will never integrate into European culture. The birth rates of Muslims is over 7 while Europeans are below replacement level which means the size of the minority group will steadily rise while the Europeans diminish. When Islam becomes the majority they will take over. This group is wrong to kill and use these tactics but some of the arguments they hold about Islam being a danger and a threat are not out of touch with reality. The future violence is only going to escalate as time moves forward. In France there is rioting on both sides the yellow vest protest and are shown as anarchist and Muslims are burning cars and all. This is what the Bible talks about perplexity or problems without solutions. It is interesting to note that the left and Islam have a sort of union based on tolerance and equality and yet Islam represses women and kills gays. They have a saying in Islam that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. So this unlikely alliance of progressives and Islam is just that a union against Christianity. They have many allies in the church. Christianity has a left and right wing now and the Bibles warnings about many departing from the faith and giving head to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons. Look up the word faith in the Bible and see the context it is used and you can see what is departed from. The Bible teaches that it is the spirit of antichrist who denies the Father and the son. In Islam they teach God has never nor will never beget a son. These two philosophies are diametrically opposed to each other. The influx of mass migration into western societies is a huge mistake and we will see down the road as the prophetic scene unfolds.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you look at Europe France, England, Sweden and the mass migration of Muslims to those countries there is proof that this group will never integrate into European culture. The birth rates of Muslims is over 7 while Europeans are below replacement level which means the size of the minority group will steadily rise while the Europeans diminish. When Islam becomes the majority they will take over. This group is wrong to kill and use these tactics but some of the arguments they hold about Islam being a danger and a threat are not out of touch with reality. The future violence is only going to escalate as time moves forward. In France there is rioting on both sides the yellow vest protest and are shown as anarchist and Muslims are burning cars and all. This is what the Bible talks about perplexity or problems without solutions. It is interesting to note that the left and Islam have a sort of union based on tolerance and equality and yet Islam represses women and kills gays. They have a saying in Islam that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. So this unlikely alliance of progressives and Islam is just that a union against Christianity. They have many allies in the church. Christianity has a left and right wing now and the Bibles warnings about many departing from the faith and giving head to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons. Look up the word faith in the Bible and see the context it is used and you can see what is departed from. The Bible teaches that it is the spirit of antichrist who denies the Father and the son. In Islam they teach God has never nor will never beget a son. These two philosophies are diametrically opposed to each other. The influx of mass migration into western societies is a huge mistake and we will see down the road as the prophetic scene unfolds.
But but but...your not allowed to have a balanced opinion
Its not pc
You must come out in outrage frothing at the mouth with piously sad eyes wearing muslim headdress
Its the in thing dont you know

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Greenies are possibly one of the most dangerous things to the human race .
They see nothing wrong with wiping out 2 3rds of the earths people.to save trees.
As long as they themselves are in the surviving 3rd of course.

I don't think eco-facism is connected with mainstream environmentalism. Some environmentalists are motivated by social justice, for instance, and that would be incompatible with the idea that environmental concerns are tied to racial purity.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Tolerance of Muslims does not mean condoning injustice towards gays. I mean really, your rhetoric here is insulting. We aren't about to throw our gay friends and family members under a bus just because we are against demonizing an entire religion.

And I am a progressive and a Christian, and I resent the accusation that one cannot be both.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think eco-facism is connected with mainstream environmentalism. Some environmentalists are motivated by social justice, for instance, and that would be incompatible with the idea that environmental concerns are tied to racial purity.
Look deeper

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.