• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Massacres in New Zealand Mosques

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by Bob Crowley, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Crowley

Bob Crowley Well-Known Member Supporter

+272
    Australia
    Catholic
    Married
    There has been a report of mass shootings in two mosques in Christchurch in New Zealand.

What we know about how the Christchurch shootings unfolded

I think so far about 49 people have been died. Initial reports seem to indicate the shootings were due to an extremist right wing group -

Live: 49 killed in terror attacks at NZ mosques, man charged with murder

This won't do Australia or New Zealand any good in the eyes of Moslems. It's very unusual for New Zealand to have a massacre of any type.

• Prayers Prayers x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Heavenhome

Heavenhome Well-Known Member

+877
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    A dreadful thing to happen anywhere of course, it is all the more shocking because New Zealand is so peaceful and welcomes all.
    The days now are getting shorter before Jesus Christ returns and violence abounds, it will get worse as the Bible tells us.

We must fervently pray for people to turn to the Lord Jesus before its too late.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. JerseyChristianSuperstar

JerseyChristianSuperstar Member

+82
    United States
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Almighty and Eternal Lord God, please lay rest upon the families of the murdered victims of this senseless act of hatred, intolerance and violence. In Jesus name', I pray, amen.

4. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+3,569
    Christian Seeker
    Single

I'm not sure if I agree completely, it's fairly dangerous to live in some parts of New Zealand where crime rates are high. The more popular tourist places in NZ down in the South Island maybe safe but not so in the North Island.

There's plenty of hotheads and street racers too. Never seen a place where street racing is so common and so rampant. Auckland streets is like a real life GTA game with left side traffic. Make sure you don't wear black while taking a stroll at night. X_X

Anyway, my condolences to those who lost their loved ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. NothingIsImpossible

NothingIsImpossible Well-Known Member

+2,565
    Christian
    Married
    Guy killed some kids as well. Such a sad world we live in.

6. David Cabrera

David Cabrera Well-Known Member

+1,705
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Innocent people created in the image of God should not suffer like that.

7. Oscarr

Oscarr Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,991
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I live in Auckland and the things you are talking about are not obvious and no worse than any other city. I have lived in Auckland since 1996, and I have always felt quite safe anywhere I have gone in the city.

I know of a neighborhood where there is a gang house with serveillence cameras high walls, etc. It is a very poor neigborhood and most families have barely enough to eat. Every Christmas time, the gang members take food parcels and Christmas gifts to every family in the street. If any family needs help, those gang members are always there to assist. They have done more for those families than the social services in the city. Also, there are no burglaries in that street, because the gang members look out for and protect those families and any burglar who would come into that street would risk his life. I would have no fear living in a street where there is a gang house, if I treat those guys with respect and just leave them alone to do their thing.

So, before we start criticising folk we don't understand, know them before judging them.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+3,569
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    I lived in Auckland for two years last 2012 near CBD with very diverse cultural backgrounds, many different races. Although the neighborhood looks nicer than the one I have back in my poor country (I was there on a work VISA). The incidences of thefts, home invasions, property vandalisms, and being held up in the streets is considerably higher.

I've lived in many other countries, some in poor neighborhoods in USA, some spent in Saudi Arabia. Among the places I've lived #1 most dangerous is most certifiably Saudi Arabia, followed by Florida City, USA, and some of the places I've lived in Auckland and Rotorua.

9. Llleopard

Llleopard Member

+143
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    There are some nasty parts of our cities it's true. But usually even one person being murdered is a headline in NZ, so this is unparalleled and dreadfully sad.

10. Oscarr

+4,991
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    This day has been described as the darkest day in NZ history. This is not the way NZ is. It is significant that it was an Australian white supremacist who did this terrible crime. But it is equally sad that some NZrs actually cheered him on through social media. That is not the NZ way. If any of those losers, being identified, walked into a NZ bar, they would be turfed out, on their ears, into the street like the dirty dogs they are.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  11. Silverback

Silverback Member

+136
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    I am very sorry for the loss of life in NZ. In times past I belonged to as Motorcycle Club. The reason things are peaceful, is because turmoil, police intervention, and violence, are bad for business

Like commerce anywhere, stability is essential to grow markets, from nations, to neighborhoods the laws of commerce remain the same.

It took most gangs a long time to realize that extortion, targeted killings, and assaults had negative effects on there bottom line. It also seems Central America has to learn this as well.

I can't say say every gang member in your city is a bad guy, but it's about keeping a low profile, and keeping things calm.

12. Oscarr

+4,991
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Gang members will only be a threat if someone messes with them. People get stung if they get too close to a wasp nest and try messing with it.

13. Silverback

Silverback Member

+136
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    You are correct, but they would rather make money, than do violence, in most locations anyway. The club I belonged to had dealing with a 1% club, we never had any problems, but other clubs that did not follow the rules, or were "conducting business" in there area learned quick.

14. Heavenhome

Heavenhome Well-Known Member

+877
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    Yes, I probably worded my post wrong, what I meant when I said NZ was welcoming I meant it is a neutral country ie, takes in refugees and doesn't get involved in a lot of politics that other countries do.
    No country is safe.

15. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy A person of low ability. Supporter

+5,538
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    American street gangs could do the same. Sadly they prey on everyone, even the poor.

16. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+3,771
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Republican
    Thoughts and prayers for those injured and for the families of those killed.

17. NothingIsImpossible

NothingIsImpossible Well-Known Member

+2,565
    Christian
    Married
    Now the news is saying anyone who supports Trump supports what happened because this guy loved Trump. Really? This guy was a far right extremist. One who also loved the Axis and Hitler. The normal right doesn't support this sort of stuff....ever.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  18. JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23 In a Kingdom by the Sea. Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+5,090
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    Very sad, I just saw this on Facebook. Apparently the first mass shooting there in 21 years. A dreadful body count and people injured. Sorry to hear this and sent up a prayer.

19. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+1,273
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I was alarmed yesterday when I read the comments on Fox News under the article about this incident. About 50% of them were either making excuses/supporting the shooter or making comments about Muslim lives being worthless/deserving to die. Fox News comment section is full of Trump supporters. So who is “ the normal right” these days?

20. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+1,193
    Christian
    Private
    A lot needs to be unpacked with the "do their thing" part for me to justify leaving them alone and respecting them. Jesus tells us "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them." The gangs have a lot of gain from looking after their own communities because your neighbours know a lot of things about you and you want to make sure that information is kept safe. what's the expression... something about don't something where you eat, that's all the gangs are doing.

What neighbourhood did the perpetrator live in? Where did the group he represented live? Perhaps if they weren't left alone to do their thing we wouldn't be having this discussion. Why not stop leaving them alone and tell them about Christ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.