USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks OP.. yes one death is two many. Last days hearts waxed cold. Looking back about 2 years and .. has everyone gone crazy? There are far worse "viruses" out there. People are listening to others that have lied to us for over 5 years now. I can still see the man and then the women say.... 1st said "lockdowns" do not work. The 2nd your safe for at least one year. Got covid after that your maybe safe for 6 months". oops

Crazy if I was to say "believe the Science". Oh the left would go nuts as in "YES they won't believe Science". But not all just one group or race. Yet when was that first talked about? The right said it about the left. That went back and forth "you don't, no you don't, no you don't" haha. Did we forget what our leaders now in office said? "If Trump takes it I won't" Harris.. oops again.

I can still hear that Scientist saying "you better hope they never ask for vaccine passports". He then listed all the things they might do with those vaccine passports. So much for just flying huh. No here where I live a major story talking about maybe not letting people shop..you know for FOOD unless you have a vaccine passport. Granted NO ONE has been getting covid from those grocery stores.

Just crazy.. the fear is unbelievable. Did we even notice whats missing in all these chats? GOD... no hope no faith. As if hes only good for that free everlasting life card. NF.. oh lord said it or rapped it best.

"It's easy to blame God but harder to fix things
We look in the sky like, "why ain't You listening?"
Watching the news in our living rooms on the big screens
And talking 'bout "if God's really real, then where is He?"
You see the same God that you saying might not even exist
Becomes real to us, but only when we dying in bed
When ya healthy it's like, we don't really care for Him then
Leave me alone God, I'll call you when I need you again
Which is funny, everyone will sleep in the pews
Then blame God for our problems like He sleeping on you
We turn our backs on Him, what do you expect Him to do?
It's hard to answer prayers when nobody's praying to you
I look around at this world we walk on
It's a smack in the face, don't ever tell me there's no God
And if there isn't then what are we here for?
And what are y'all doing down there? I don't know Lord"

Fact there are countless believers standing in faith... knowing why He came and died for. Knowing the promises are yes and amen. Looking always to Him not at anything else. He will never fail. Again ANYTHING without HIM..will always fail. This world has more reasons to lie then tell the truth.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Out of how many millions of vaccines administered?

Seems pretty safe to me.

The number given are for those sickened and killed by Covid after being fully "vaccinated". It doesn't count the deaths and injuries from the "vaccine" itself.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How many people vaccinated against Smallpox have died from Smallpox this year?

Unlike smallpox, people have actually been infected with SARS-CoV-2 this millennium. The last naturally transmitted case of smallpox was in 1977.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Unlike smallpox, people have actually been infected with SARS-CoV-2 this millennium. The last naturally transmitted case of smallpox was in 1977.

So the Smallpox vaccine actually worked?
Maybe they were better at making vaccines back then.

• Agree
Reactions: ForHimbyHim
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
From your article:

0.0018% of the vaccinated population.

Covid has killed 18,121 people in Massachusetts, or 0.263% of the entire population. IOW, unvaccinated Massachusetts residents roughly 145x more likely to die from covid than vaccinated residents.

Are you so bad at math that you think an improvement of 14,500% is not effective? Or are you being deliberately, dishonestly contrarian?

If you're going to get angsty about the math, you might try to use correct math to prove your point. The mathematical model you are using doesn't account for how long the respective populations have been exposed to Covid, and it double counts the vaccinated deaths in the unvaccinated deaths calculation.

The 4,307,361 population that has been vaccinated is only as of July 20. Assuming vaccination began in late January (with no one being fully vaccinated until late February), and vaccination occurred at an even rate the average number of people vaccinated in Massachusetts since the vaccination program began, from the period of March 2021 through July 2021, there are would be 2,153,681. 2,153,681 people for 6 months is 12,922,083 person-months. Assuming the 80 vaccinated are the only ones dead, it would be 1 dead for every 161,526 person-months of people in Massachusetts.

For the unvaccinated, there are 12 months of a fully unvaccinated population (~7.1 million people), plus 6 months (March-July) of an average of 4,946,320 unvaccinated people. That amounts to 114,877,917 person-months for the unvaccinated. You would need to subtract out the 80 vaccinated who died (you counted them twice, once for the vaccinated death count and once in the unvaccinated death count), so you have 18,041 unvaccinated deaths in 114,877,917 person-months for the unvaccinated, or 1 dead for every 6367 person-months of people in Massachusetts.

Assuming the actual numbers of vaccinated deaths and vaccination rate are correct, it's 25x difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated, not 145x difference.

This particular data set still looks good for the vaccine effectiveness (assuming all of the numbers reported are correct), but you're off by a factor of 6.

Of course, the way Covid deaths are counted would have to remain constant for that to be true, and, of course, in light of the vaccine roll-out, they needed to change how deaths are counted:

The Department of Public Health changed how it counts COVID-19 deaths in Massachusetts long-term care facilities on Thursday, aligning with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control's national definition — and in the process, cutting the state's cumulative long-term care death toll by 1,220.

In Thursday's weekly report, DPH started using the federal standard for long-term care deaths, which counts all residents of a facility who died from COVID complications in a facility, hospital or other location, but does not count those who recovered from COVID-19 and later died.
Up to this point, Massachusetts had counted all long-term care residents who contracted the virus at some point before they died — even those who recovered between their bout with the illness and their death — as COVID-19 long-term care deaths. The new standard mirrors the CDC's recommendation and that in place in most other states, according to the Baker administration.

"By aligning the long-term death count on the state's weekly dashboard with federal definitions for long-term care facilities, Massachusetts is aligning with the definition that other states use," DPH State Epidemiologist Catherine Brown said in a statement. "DPH also believes this definition better supports long-term care facilities now that so many residents and staff are vaccinated to closely monitor the effect of COVID in a well-vaccinated but vulnerable population."

As a result of the change, the cumulative long-term care death toll in Massachusetts will be listed at 5,502 as of April 12, compared to the 6,722 reported as of April 5 in the final weekly report under the previous state standards. The update does not appear to change the overall cumulative COVID-19 death toll in Massachusetts, which increased from 17,427 in Wednesday's daily report to 17,432 in Thursday's.

DPH Changes Counting Method For Long-Term Care Deaths | WBUR News

They changed the way deaths were counted, they dropped the number of reported deaths in April, but they left the overall death count intact, meaning they were overcounting deaths in 2020 vs how they're counting them since April 2021. Based on the April data change, it appears that as many as 20% of the deaths counted through April 2021 wouldn't be counted in today's metrics.

It would really be 14,766 deaths against 114,877,917 person-months yielding a death for every 7,779 person-months. Or 20x better to be vaccinated than unvaccinated. Still better, but a far cry from the 145x you were claiming.

Don't worry, i won't count the rule change in how Massachusetts counts their deaths against you for your math. Who would've thunk that Massachusetts would change the rules as to how they count their Covid deaths?

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It did work over time because people participated in the program. No vaccine is 100% effective. The point is to lower your odds of catching and transmitting it.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Ironically, "one death is just too many" when it came to the actual virus killing people, so we were expected to take drastic measures, yet when 80 people or more die from vaccines, it's "a small insignificant number".

I'm so exhausted by the vaccine cult.

They didn't die from the vaccine. 80 was the number that died regardless of their vaccination status.

The numbers show us that more than 10-20 times that would have died otherwise.

Trust us the feeling of exhaustion is mutual. More justified on our end, but mutual.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

It has more to do with the properties of the virus.

Smallpox and Polio are DNA viruses that are more stable over time.

Influenza, HIV, Coronavirus are RNA viruses that mutate more and are less stable over time.

It is simply easier to wipe out smallpox with a vaccination campaign than it would be COVID.

Covid's atypical virus behavior also has asymptomatic spread which heightens it's ability to go from person to person, where as sick people with small pox stay in their beds.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You might be better off with the Az or J&J vaccine, as adeno based vaccines are well studied and generate better T cell responses.
Old-school vaccines are cultivated in different cell bases and fragments make it into injections.
Mine have all been A-list cell bases and I have had no problem with them. In the USA, all but two routine vaccines are A-list or have A-list versions available. For covid, those are Valneva & Sinovax.
My children had severe & permanent neurological reactions* to B-list vaccines. So, we avoided (only) two routine vaccines for my younger children. The covid B-list vaccines are J&J and AZ.

*Some of my children & I have inherited autism, but the injuries in question are not autism.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even if breakthrough infections are less intense, I am bit surprised about how blasé everybody is about the pseudo-vaccines* having breakthrough infections, at all... :confused:

*That isn't a knock. It means artificial or synthetic vaccine. Techno-vaccine would be a synonym.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Absolutely!
The Covid vaccines are (were) claimed to be 95% effective, and yet we're still seeing hospitalizations and deaths that give it an actual effectiveness closer to 34%

As for the Smallpox vaccine, according to the CDC:
"Historically, the vaccine has been effective in preventing smallpox infection in 95% of those vaccinated. In addition, the vaccine was proven to prevent or substantially lessen infection when given within a few days after a person was exposed to the variola virus."
Vaccine Basics | Smallpox | CDC

That's right. 95%.

So I ask again, how many people vaccinated against Smallpox have died from Smallpox this year?
So no actual data, just a reference to an example of a historically successful vaccine that took far longer to develop than the current vaccine. Your point?

Upvote 0

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Even if breakthrough infections are less intense, I am bit surprised about how blasé everybody is about the pseudo-vaccines* having breakthrough infections, at all... :confused:

*That isn't a knock. It means artificial or synthetic vaccine. Techno-vaccine would be a synonym.
Why are you differentiating the origin of the vaccine technology with the outcome?

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Old-school vaccines are cultivated in different cell bases and fragments make it into injections.

That's not the basis of my comment.

This paper
Immunological considerations for COVID-19 vaccine strategies | Nature Reviews Immunology

With this table
Table 1 Immunological properties of major COVID-19 candidate vaccine platforms

Shows the immunological profiles for different vaccine platforms.

This paper
T-Helper Cell Subset Response Is a Determining Factor in COVID-19 Progression

Shows why that is important.

Mine have all been A-list cell bases and I have had no problem with them. In the USA, all but two routine vaccines are A-list or have A-list versions available. For covid, those are Valneva & Sinovax.
My children had severe & permanent neurological reactions* to B-list vaccines. So, we avoided (only) two routine vaccines for my younger children. The covid B-list vaccines are J&J and AZ.

I have never heard of this A-list/B-list thing, and can find no reference to it in any google search, have you a link?

Upvote 0

.Jeremiah.

Jul 26, 2021
The South
✟21,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ironically, "one death is just too many" when it came to the actual virus killing people, so we were expected to take drastic measures, yet when 80 people or more die from vaccines, it's "a small insignificant number".

I'm so exhausted by the vaccine cult.

That is the MOST IDIOTIC post I have seen since the trump was allowed on twitter.

You must be proud.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The number given are for those sickened and killed by Covid after being fully "vaccinated". It doesn't count the deaths and injuries from the "vaccine" itself.

We weren't given any information indicating that anyone had died from the vaccination itself.

Upvote 0

.Jeremiah.

Jul 26, 2021
The South
✟21,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It is time to put the shovel back in the woodshed.

The hole is getting very deep.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why are you differentiating the origin of the vaccine technology with the outcome?
That is how immune dysregulation works.
Instead of being a "weakened" immune system, it is an irregular one.
When a vaccine is cultivated in a particular cell base, fragments of those cells make it into the vaccine. Most people's immune systems dispatch both types of fragments with no problem.

Ours works fine for A-list vaccines, but not B-list. That issue is still being researched, but it has only contraindicated two routine vaccines, so far. That there are A-list covid vaccines (and the prevailing pseudo-vaccines haven't been cleared for us) means we can wait for a little bit.

Upvote 0