• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Masks Are Essentially Worthless

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by Redwingfan9, Jul 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radagast

Radagast comes and goes Supporter

+9,620
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    Coughs or sneezes, yes. That's why we cover those.

The risk from just breathing, however, is very low.

2. Redwingfan9

Redwingfan9 Well-Known Member

+1,502
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    See the first post, there are nearly a dozen.

3. Gregorikos

Gregorikos Ordinary Mystic

+686
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Married
    And, thankfully, we have laws to protect us from people like you. So wear your mask.

4. Isilwen

Isilwen Well-Known Member

+1,900
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    I disagree with them and you! Masks are indeed effective! It is why they have been part of my PPE articles while transporting infectious patients for longer than I have been an EMT.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Redwingfan9

+1,502
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    I will not comply with laws that are unconstitutional and not passed by the legislature. We live in a republic not a dictatorship.

That said, I find it fascinating how none of the pro-mask people engage with any of the dozen articles I linked to. It's almost like you don't want your world come crashing down when you find out your savior mask is worthless.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. Isilwen

+1,900
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Then do so to your own or someone you love's peril!

I don't need to read them to know it's bunk! I am in the medical field. I know how much masks save people. It's a shame people like you try to discredit them. It's like you want people to die!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Redwingfan9

+1,502
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    All of the articles are scholarly medical articles written by doctors. British Journal of Medicine, New England Journal of Medicine and other scholarly publications.

8. Isilwen

+1,900
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Yes, I know. Doesn't change my stance. I know that masks are great protection. I am sorry that a little piece of cloth meant to keep you safe is such a hassle for you.

You risk your life and the lives of the innocents around you, hopefully, you aren't in Florida!

9. Redwingfan9

+1,502
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    Your faith is in cloth not science it seems.

10. Isilwen

+1,900
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    No, my faith is in the science that has shown them to be effective! Along with knowledge as an EMT that masks keep you safe.

I will not go against that.

11. Darkhorse

Darkhorse just horsing around

+3,859
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Truer words were never spoken (or written).

12. Rebecca4Christ

Rebecca4Christ Servant Supporter

+228
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    I find this visual helpful. Hopefully it shows up...

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul. Supporter

+7,199
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Then we should all be wearing gas masks with the appropriate filters for the virus.

14. Gregorikos

Gregorikos Ordinary Mystic

+686
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Married

Can the government legally force you to wear a mask?
    The answer is “yes.” In a pandemic, governments have the authority to do a lot of things that would otherwise be questionable.

Can the government legally force you to wear a mask? - Poynter

15. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,968
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    You do realize that the Spanish flu did not originate in Spain, right?

16. Silly Uncle Wayne

Silly Uncle Wayne Well-Known Member

+521
    Ireland
    Charismatic
    Single
    Surely it is the people refusing to wear masks who should be staying at home - after all they are the ones most at risk of spreading disease.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Silly Uncle Wayne

Silly Uncle Wayne Well-Known Member

+521
    Ireland
    Charismatic
    Single
    I don't think the thousands of people who died from it cared all that much where the disease came from.

18. Archivist

+5,968
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Nothing unconstitutional about ordering masks be worn during a pandemic.

The error in your post has already been pointed out.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. parousia70

parousia70 Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow Supporter

+3,985
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    The Wearing of Masks in public places actually INCREASES personal Freedom by INCREASING the likelihood you will remain totally anonymous in Public, unrecognizable to the Big Government Cameras with Face recognition software that are literally EVERYWHERE you go, tracking your every move already... If the Deep State believed masks would increase their control over the populace they couldn't be more wrong, and are far more stupid than I thought.

I ALWAYS Mask up now everywhere i go. I couldn't be more pleased with the Mask requirement. It has set personal liberty FORWARD, and put a huge roadblock in the way of Big Government control.
    Heck, you can even walk into the lobby of a Bank with a mask on now and no one bats an eye... I never though I'd see the day we would be so very liberated and free that we could do something like wear a full face mask while banking... Its a huge Victory for Personal Liberty.

It's nobody's business (especially Government) to know where you are going, what you are doing and who you are with.
    The Mass Wearing of Masks is a "Freedom Catalyst" for our society.

Public Anonymity = FREEDOM
    Wear the Mask = Stay Anonymous = Stay FREE.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Archivist

+5,968
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Agreed, but people should check their facts when they say where it was from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.