Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is legal in Ontario Canada...A "right" that the women fought for and never make use of it...
It is legal in West Virginia as well, but illegal where I previously lived. Like where you are in Canada few do. In the US the law varies from state to state.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You and I have a profound disagreement on the effectiveness of masks. I believe it is unloving to expect people to wear a placebo mask. It isn't good or healthy for children, it's not good or healthy for people with certain medical conditions and it certainly isn't good or healthy for people with mental illnesses. It's good and loving that others should see my face, whether I'm smiling at them or whatever emotion I'm conveying. For children this is incredibly important. Why don't you love the children?
Latest report I saw from the CDC says to wear them.

And in my state exceptions have been made for people with certain medical conditions and for children under a certain age.

Ah yes, let people see your smiling face as you infect them with a virus that could kill them. How loving of you.

Oh, and I noticed that you did not respond to my question about women going topless. I presume that you think they should be allowed to do that based on your comments.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am one that suffers from wearing a mask as I have moderate to severe asthma, but I do it anyway. One because of my job as an EMT, but two because I want to protect the people around me when I am in public.

That is PSAP/EEC's. (SOP) Totally different ballgame between level D standard precautions for all patient care, and level C Transmission based precautions. As an EMT, it is your professional opinion you are completely safe wearing a paper mask/respirator working with sars? Ebola? Or some other aerosol transmissible/airborne pathogen? For source control, you put a mask on the patent even over the cannula if one is in use. And yes, you yourself mask up, but we are discussing a stated viral pandemic, that is so pervasive that the entire population is at risk.

Paper masks? Cloth? Come on now.... This virus is supposedly so lethal the entire world is on pin and needles. Don't worry, just put a shirt over your face...o_O

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
That is PSAP/EEC's. (SOP) Totally different ballgame between level D standard precautions for all patient care, and level C Transmission based precautions. As an EMT, it is your professional opinion you are completely safe wearing a paper mask/respirator working with sars? Ebola? Or some other aerosol transmissible/airborne pathogen? For source control, you put a mask on the patent even over the cannula if one is in use. And yes, you yourself mask up, but we are discussing a stated viral pandemic, that is so pervasive that the entire population is at risk.

Paper masks? Cloth? Come on now.... This virus is supposedly so lethal the entire world is on pin and needles. Don't worry, just put a shirt over your face...o_O

I will say to you what I said to the other person, you know what they say about assumptions?

We use a company provided cloth mask for everyday use. We only use an N95 in conjunction with a surgical mask and face shield for Covid positive patients. County uses the same thing as we do for non-Covid patients. You also missed where I said I wear a mask in the general public as well. I am not on the job 24/7. Well, I guess if I come across a person in need I am always an EMT, but I think you know what I mean.

A cloth mask as has been shown does help mitigate the spread. I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about that.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I will say to you what I said to the other person, you know what they say about assumptions?

We use a company provided cloth mask for everyday use. We only use an N95 in conjunction with a surgical mask and face shield for Covid positive patients. County uses the same thing as we do for non-Covid patients. You also missed where I said I wear a mask in the general public as well. I am not on the job 24/7. Well, I guess if I come across a person in need I am always an EMT, but I think you know what I mean.

A cloth mask as has been shown does help mitigate the spread. I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about that.
There are numerous studies that say cloth masks do not mitigate the spread of anything. Ignore them if you wish.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
There are numerous studies that say cloth masks do not mitigate the spread of anything. Ignore them if you wish.

There are numerous studies that show they do. Ignore them to your peril!

See, I can do the same thing as you!

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
There are numerous studies that show they do. Ignore them to your peril!

See, I can do the same thing as you!
I never said science was settled and in fact attacked the notion of consensus in science. Wear a mask if you want but the state has no business forcing people to.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I never said science was settled and in fact attacked the notion of consensus in science. Wear a mask if you want but the state has no business forcing people to.
Then why does the state have the right to force women to wear tops?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Nothing. But with a medical background you must understand the differences between particulate, droplet, and aerosol... maybe as an individual that has worked with HAZMAT I think along the lines of dosing at or above IDLH, and exposure. COVID is presented as a level C BSL 2-3 pathogen.

Among the gen pop, how many even consider face stubble, yet alone full on beards, or the bridge on their noses? Many people aren't even filtering what is breathed or exhaled anyways. Then there are the masks themselves. What is the difference between a paper mask, and a paper respirator? What does a respirator do that a mask does not? What standardized testing is performed on cloth masks that make people sure they are adequate?

If we are talking about a pandemic... a pandemic... this is lunacy. Absolutely nuts. Paper and cloth masks.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Wear a mask if you want but the state has no business forcing people to.

This goes back to... basically you're saying, this is 'murica, we have rights and even though there is a pandemic, the government cannot stop us from choosing not to wear a mask even though it's for the greater good.

I would substitute what in what my girlfriend calls people that don't wear masks, but that would get me kicked off the board. If I can influence even a someone who is lurking and not posting to wear a mask when they didn't first, then I will have done my job.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Nothing. But with a medical background you must understand the differences between particulate, droplet, and aerosol... maybe as an individual that has worked with HAZMAT I think along the lines of dosing at or above IDLH, and exposure. COVID is presented as a level C BSL 2-3 pathogen.

Among the gen pop, how many even consider face stubble, yet alone full on beards, or the bridge on their noes? Many people aren't even filtering what is breathed or exhaled anyways. Then there are the masks themselves. What is the difference between a paper mask, and a paper respirator? What does a respirator do that a mask does not? What standardized testing is performed on cloth masks that make people sure they are adequate?

If we are talking about a pandemic... a pandemic... this is lunacy. Absolutely nuts. Paper and cloth masks.

In my medical opinion, a paper mask, or cloth mask worn is better than no mask at all!

What is absolute lunacy and nuts is the fact that people will not do the simple thing of wearing a mask. It is really just a simple thing, but, well, this thread shows us what they think about such a simple thing.

• Agree
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
In my medical opinion, a paper mask, or cloth mask worn is better than no mask at all!

What is absolute lunacy and nuts is the fact that people will not do the simple thing of wearing a mask. It is really just a simple thing, but, well, this thread shows us what they think about such a simple thing.
You're an EMT, don't present your opinion as a medical opinion. You're not a doctor, you're a layman just like me.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You could say the same thing with any other virus. People get noroviruses all the time and they don't know they have it until they're vomiting. They likely passed it around for 2-3 days, having no idea they were sick. Unless we're all going to live in isolation forever, we're going to unknowingly pass all sorts of stuff to other people. That's life.
I understand your logic.. However, this particular virus has been deemed fatal in more cases than your common flu....

I do understand.. I have mixed feelings on the whole issue.. Was the "lock down" world wide.. necessary?
Is the death rate as high as predicted.. or just like any other pneumonia or virus.
We were "flattening the curve".. Until it was flat.. Then it became.. "not until we have herd immunity or a vaccine"... Now it's "It's never going away, normal is not the same anymore"..

In the meantime... If the most I have to do, 4 months in and no new cases in my area, is wear a mask... I'll wear a mask.

I think the horse is long gone and down the road.. but, meh, I'll close the gate.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

For what? Droplet, particulate, or aerosol? Vapor, or dry? What is your exposure? What is your dosing?

Remember that seat belt in the imaginary 90 mph crash? Why do you think there are other precautions such as roll cages, fire retardant clothing, impact rated helmet, Hans device, 5 point harnesses, crumple zones? Same reason there are different levels of response and PPE's for different levels of infectious control. It is not one and done, as if one mask filters all.

I'm not so sure this isn't just about me making you comfortable. Or others. I'm not convinced people are concerned about my actual life more than their own sense of welling being, and how this issue makes them feel. I need facts. Not demands suited to placate one's sensibilities.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I understand your logic.. However, this particular virus has been deemed fatal in more cases than your common flu....

I do understand.. I have mixed feelings on the whole issue.. Was the "lock down" world wide.. necessary?
Is the death rate as high as predicted.. or just like any other pneumonia or virus.
We were "flattening the curve".. Until it was flat.. Then it became.. "not until we have herd immunity or a vaccine"... Now it's "It's never going away, normal is not the same anymore"..

In the meantime... If the most I have to do, 4 months in and no new cases in my area, is wear a mask... I'll wear a mask.

I think the horse is long gone and down the road.. but, meh, I'll close the gate.
The claims and demands have become increasingly hysterical and unreasonable. I read one doctor claim this virus will dominate the rest of our lives. That strikes me as completely unhinged. It is not reasonable to expect that people will hunker down in their homes, wearing masks when they dain to go out for years on end.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.