Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Why don’t you stay home if you’re scared of a virus?

Aren't you scared of catching the virus and spreading it to loved ones? I am
Can't read? The CDC just made this up for covid. Remember when they were saying not to wear masks? Then China said, why aren't you wearing masks-the ones who make them all. :idea:

A N95 and properly fitted is the only on that will. A shield for droplets is better than a mask. If you sneeze or cough, do it in your elbow. It's about microns. And, the vast majority of people that get it won't get sick, some will, some will die. The vast majority will recover.
The vast majority might recover, but they might also be spreading it to people who won't recover in the meantime.

In addition there are already indications the virus makes a comeback - that immunity is not guaranteed.

Finally there is the issue of long-term effects. Already there are indications of breathing issues in those who have had the disease. There could be huge ramifications that we just haven't had time to document.

China makes masks because they have the infrastructure for it. Any country could if they put their minds to it.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One or two anecdotal reports does not prove anything about masks. They certainly don't chip away at the conclusions reached by a dozen scholarly articles.
The mask prevents you from breathing on others. I would not come near you if you didn't have one.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you loved your neighbour you would be wearing a mask when interacting with them.

This right here. This is one of my most prominent red flags, and the one thing that truly dissuades my acceptance/adherence of/to masks. How is it either Christian or ethical to play one's morals against them to force an issue one wishes to be imposed?

Well if you don't wear masks you're not a good person... Really? By whose judgment does one make that determination? Gods? Im/others are not Christian? Nor loving, nor compassionate of others? All because opinions concerning masks...

Truth is, masks make certain individuals feel safe. It gives them a sense of control during trying times. They feel the need to correct others actions that make themselves feel unsafe or vulnerable, and will even use anothers morals against them, in order to shame them into acceptance of what will make their accuser feel safe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟511,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The CDC has so much as said 6-24 times the number of positive tests have actually had Coronavirus. We're really looking at 25-100 million Americans who have had it. I would guess somewhere in the middle. In the last 4 months, 1 million people died regardless of whether they had Coronavirus or not. Many of the Corona deaths are people who were on their way out anyway, which is perhaps why overall deaths have slowed some in June and July. By the end of the year I would bet overall deaths are up 6%.

Okay.

Let’s say 40 million Americans have had the virus in the span of 5-6 months. The mortality rate is .6, by CDC estimates. Let’s say another five to six months 40 million more acquire the virus with a mortality rate of .6 over the next five months. Do the math, how many more dead Americans over the next five months? What’s the total dead then?

Let’s assume 100 million have had the virus in the span of five to six months, and a mortality rate of .6. Let’s assume another 100 million contract the virus over the span of the next 5-6 months. How many more dead Americans during those months? What’s the total number of dead Americans after 10-12 months?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Okay.

Let’s say 40 million Americans have had the virus in the span of 5-6 months. The mortality rate is .6, by CDC estimates. Let’s say another five to six months 40 million more acquire the virus with a mortality rate of .6 over the next five months. Do the math, how many more dead Americans over the next five months? What’s the total dead then?

Let’s assume 100 million have had the virus in the span of five to six months, and a mortality rate of .6. Let’s assume another 100 million contract the virus over the span of the next 5-6 months. How many more dead Americans during those months? What’s the total number of dead Americans after 10-12 months?
If 40 million have had the virus the death rate isn't .6% , it would be less than .4%. Likewise, at 100 million the death rate would be .15%. The death toll is what it is, the question is how many people have actually had the virus. Because so many people are asymptomatic or have minimal symptoms, there are tens of millions who may have had the virus without realizing it. The CDC says 6-24 times the number of actual positives.

• Informative
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Anyone who thinks masks are useless isn't using his brain.

Well, when was the last time you donned a SCBA, or PAPR/APR and purposely entered a lethal environment?

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Anyone who thinks masks are useless isn't using his brain.

Yep, maybe we should let them reap the consequences of their actions.

That is my feelings after yesterday from this thread.

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, when was the last time you donned a SCBA, or PAPR/APR and purposely entered a lethal environment?
When was the last time you drove your car into a bridge abutment at 90 mph? Never? So I guess it's stupid for you to think that seat belts aren't worthless?

Thanks for proving my point so quickly.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yep, maybe we should let them reap the consequences of their actions.

That is my feelings after yesterday from this thread.
What amazes me is how few people are willing to interact with the scholarly medical journal articles from the original post.

Reactions: Running2win
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
What amazes me is how few people are willing to interact with the scholarly medical journal articles from the original post.

People have already and declared them bunk. One was pretty impressive in its rebuttal against the OP. I don't need to add anything more to it. If you aren't willing to see that your stance is wrong, even when shown with the proof that it is wrong, I cannot help you.

If your not willing to wear a mask to even protect others after the proof has been shown that it does help to mitigate the spread of the virus then you will reap the consequences of those actions. If someone dear to you dies because of Covid-19 and you get tested and it comes up positive and you are an asymptomatic carrier, maybe then you will get it. I just take pity on you because you will carry the knowledge that all you had to do was wear a mask to protect said loved one for the rest of your life.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
People have already and declared them bunk. One was pretty impressive in its rebuttal against the OP. I don't need to add anything more to it. If you aren't willing to see that your stance is wrong, even when shown with the proof that it is wrong, I cannot help you.

If your not willing to wear a mask to even protect others after the proof has been shown that it does help to mitigate the spread of the virus then you will reap the consequences of those actions. If someone dear to you dies because of Covid-19 and you get tested and it comes up positive and you are an asymptomatic carrier, maybe then you will get it. I just take pity on you because you will carry the knowledge that all you had to do was wear a mask to protect said loved one for the rest of your life.
Simply declaring disagreement does not debunk a dozen articles. I'm uninterested in consensus, my entire point is that masks aren't a settled scientific issue and that free people should be free to decide whether they want to wear a mask or not.

As for passing the virus to others, it is not my responsibility to protect you from unseen and unknown dangers. That's a long standing property law concept dating back to early English common law. I don't happen to believe the mask does anything to protect anyone and I am unwilling to play the placebo game. If you want to that is your business but don't use the heavy hand of a tyrannical state to force me to submit to your outmoded fears.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I thought this one particularly telling: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

"We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. ... Focusing on universal masking alone may, paradoxically, lead to more transmission of Covid-19 if it diverts attention from implementing more fundamental infection-control measures. ... Masks are not only tools, they are also talismans that may help increase health care workers’ perceived sense of safety, well-being, and trust in their hospitals. Although such reactions may not be strictly logical, we are all subject to fear and anxiety, especially during times of crisis. One might argue that fear and anxiety are better countered with data and education than with a marginally beneficial mask, particularly in light of the worldwide mask shortage, but it is difficult to get clinicians to hear this message in the heat of the current crisis."

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
As for passing the virus to others, it is not my responsibility to protect you from unseen and unknown dangers. That's a long standing property law concept dating back to early English common law. I don't happen to believe the mask does anything to protect anyone and I am unwilling to play the placebo game. If you want to that is your business but don't use the heavy hand of a tyrannical state to force me to submit to your outmoded fears.

Good to know where your morals stand!

As I said, I pity you!

• Agree
Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.