Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,233.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't look good. If you're going after a former President who still has a strong following it seems like you would be careful to avoid the appearance of bias.

No, you just make sure you have all your i's dotted and your t's crossed.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Looks like it got fixed.
I dunno about you but I’d be fine with “President [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]” to refer to the 45th POTUS

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't look good. If you're going after a former President who still has a strong following it seems like you would be careful to avoid the appearance of bias.

Yea, the last thing we need is unhinged armed Trump Supporters attacking the FBI.

Oh, wait.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The point you keep ignoring--and I've pointed this out to you--is that it actually doesn't matter if the documents are classified. Trump was not supposed to take any documents away from the White House. None of them belongs to him. They are all government property, and under the law he was not permitted to take them.
Well presidents do take things with them, are you saying he should pay for the cost of the paper? I guess technically you are right but it is a minor cost. Remember when the Clintons took all of that expensive china and furniture? Now that was a significant dollar amount. Are you saying you should prosecute Trump for the paper but not the Clintons? Here, I pulled an article from 2001:

"After they were criticized for taking $190,000 worth of china, flatware, rugs, televisions, sofas and other gifts with them when they left, the Clintons announced last week that they would pay for $86,000 worth of gifts, or nearly half the amount.
Their latest decision to send back $28,000 in gifts brings to$114,000 the value of items the Clintons have either decided to pay for or return."
Clintons Return White House Furniture

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They crossed that line a long time ago.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Did I miss a rule change or announcement somewhere? Is there a reason why the name of the former president being replaced by the "bless and do not curse" tags?
I can think of a few.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have a hard left faction subverting the U.S. Constitution and trying to destroy our Republic by removing equal treatment under the law--the very cornerstone of our government. They have broken the laws, allowed threats against our Supreme Court justices which are clearly in violation of the law, claimed the southern border is closed while cartels now control the border and move Chinese drugs and sex trafficking into the U.S., and subjugate by race and political affiliations. So they allow criminals to go loose as long as they are in a group friendly to the left and are trying to take over the schools just like Russia and China to teach the children to be loyal to the state rather than their parents. They tell the kids not to tell the parents what is going on. They want to stop the people from being able to vote for a man who stands up to the corruption. I know who the Americans are and who the anti-Americans are.
Please show me in your response where it directly responds to my statement. There is no need for more excuses.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well presidents do take things with them, are you saying he should pay for the cost of the paper? I guess technically you are right but it is a minor cost. Remember when the Clintons took all of that expensive china and furniture? Now that was a significant dollar amount. Are you saying you should prosecute Trump for the paper but not the Clintons? Here, I pulled an article from 2001:

"After they were criticized for taking $190,000 worth of china, flatware, rugs, televisions, sofas and other gifts with them when they left, the Clintons announced last week that they would pay for $86,000 worth of gifts, or nearly half the amount.
Their latest decision to send back $28,000 in gifts brings to$114,000 the value of items the Clintons have either decided to pay for or return."
Clintons Return White House Furniture
I get a kick out of whataboutism arguments. They remind me of when I was a kid and I wanted to do something or have something against my parent's rules.
My arguments were usually but ALL my friends are going or ALL my friends have one. It didn't work for me either.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for pointing it out but we already knew how biased the media were against Trump
Thanks for once again turning a blind eye to evidence of the Trump family’s using Don Sr.’s position to cash in. Thanks for continuing to excuse Trump while excoriating Biden. You never disappoint. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I get a kick out of whataboutism arguments. They remind me of when I was a kid and I wanted to do something or have something against my parent's rules.
My arguments were usually but ALL my friends are going or ALL my friends have one. It didn't work for me either.
Just pointing out the double standard of justice in this country. They stole Trump's passports, is Garland being charged?

• Haha
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just pointing out the double standard of justice in this country. They stole Trump's passports, is Garland being charged?
They didn't STEAL his passports, they temporarily confiscated them. Boo Hoo.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All you are doing is highlighting your own double standards.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for once again turning a blind eye to evidence of the Trump family’s using Don Sr.’s position to cash in. Thanks for continuing to excuse Trump while excoriating Biden. You never disappoint. :oldthumbsup:
I didn't say anything about Biden. And what evidence? If you have evidence please give it to the DOJ so Trump can't run again. I keep waiting for something to stop him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

No no. You see the non existent documents that the FBI planted that Trump declassified with his mind powers because he had to pack in a hurry were mixed in with his passports so the FBI had to grab the privileged information. Pointing out the double standard my left foot.

Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The documents were declassified, Hillary's case was the opposite--she was caught with TOP SECRET information. SCI merely means it is compartmentalized information. They need to return what they seized from President Trump and his family.
Actually, she wasn’t. She was accused of using her private email server for official business. In the end it was found that, while she may have broken some rules, she did not break the law.

• Informative
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No no. You see the non existent documents that the FBI planted that Trump declassified with his mind powers because he had to pack in a hurry were mixed in with his passports so the FBI had to grab the privileged information. Pointing out the double standard my left foot.
Actually the FBI had a search warrant so broad in its scope that they could seize anything. So much for Garland's speech about searches being narrow in scope.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually the FBI had a search warrant so broad in its scope that they could seize anything. So much for Garland's speech about searches being narrow in scope.
That is contrary to fact. Did you even read the warrant?

All physical documents and records constituting evidence, contraband, fruits of crime, or
other items illegally possessed in violation of 18 U.S.C. §§ 793, 2071 , or 1519, including the
following:
a. Any physical documents with classification markings, along with any
containers/boxes (including any other contents) in which such documents are located, as
well as any other containers/boxes that are collectively stored or found together with the
aforementioned documents and containers/boxes;
b. Information, including communications in any form, regarding the
retrieval, storage, or transmission of national defense information or classified material;
c. Any government and/or Presidential Records created between January
20, 2017, and January 20, 2021; or
d. Any evidence of the knowing alteration, destruction, or concealment of
any government and/or Presidential Records, or of any documents with classification
markings.​

Upvote 0