Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,057.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Actually the FBI had a search warrant so broad in its scope that they could seize anything. So much for Garland's speech about searches being narrow in scope.

All physical documents and records constituting evidence, contraband, fruits of crime, or
other items illegally possessed in violation of 18 U.S.C. §§ 793 , 2 071 , or 1519, including the
followin g:
a. Any physical documents with classification markings, along with any
containers/boxes (including any other contents) in which such documents are located, as
well as any other containers/boxes that are collectively stored or found together with the
aforementioned documents and containers/boxes;
b. Information, including communications in any form, regarding the
retrieval, storage, or transmission of national defense information or classified material ;
c. Any government and/or Presidential Records created between January
20, 2017, and January 20, 2021; or
d. Any evidence of the knowing alteration, destruction, or concealment of
any government and/or Presidential Record s, or of any documents with classification
markings

https://d3i6fh83elv35t.cloudfront.net/static/2022/08/TRUMP-WARRANT-FROM-PACER-1.pdf

Looks pretty specific to me. Where do you see it being to broad and how would you narrow it?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is contrary to fact. Did you even read the warrant?

All physical documents and records constituting evidence, contraband, fruits of crime, or
other items illegally possessed in violation of 18 U.S.C. §§ 793, 2071 , or 1519, including the
following:
containers/boxes (including any other contents) in which such documents are located, as
well as any other containers/boxes that are collectively stored or found together with the
retrieval, storage, or transmission of national defense information or classified material;
any government and/or Presidential Records, or of any documents with classification
markings.​
Any government records produced over the entire time he was in office and anything stored with or near them. That's narrow in scope?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Well presidents do take things with them, are you saying he should pay for the cost of the paper? I guess technically you are right but it is a minor cost. Remember when the Clintons took all of that expensive china and furniture? Now that was a significant dollar amount. Are you saying you should prosecute Trump for the paper but not the Clintons? Here, I pulled an article from 2001:

"After they were criticized for taking $190,000 worth of china, flatware, rugs, televisions, sofas and other gifts with them when they left, the Clintons announced last week that they would pay for $86,000 worth of gifts, or nearly half the amount.
Their latest decision to send back $28,000 in gifts brings to$114,000 the value of items the Clintons have either decided to pay for or return."
Clintons Return White House Furniture
What he did may be in violation of the Presidential Records Act (PRA) of 1978, 44 U.S.C. §§ 22012209. It has nothing to do with the cost of the paper.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What he did may be in violation of the Presidential Records Act (PRA) of 1978, 44 U.S.C. §§ 22012209. It has nothing to do with the cost of the paper.
Well please let them find something, anything that keeps him from running again.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,057.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Any government records produced over the entire time he was in office and anything stored with them. That's narrow in scope?

That is not what is stated in the warrant. It does not say "Any government records". It is more specific then that unless I am missing something? I presume you dealt with these in your LEO career?

Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Actually the FBI had a search warrant so broad in its scope that they could seize anything. So much for Garland's speech about searches being narrow in scope.
I’ve written many search warrants in my day. The one served on Pres. Trump’s house looks kosher to me. They were allowed to search for documents kept in violation of the enumerated laws.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is not what is stated in the warrant. It does not say "Any government records". It is more specific then that unless I am missing something? I presume you dealt with these in your LEO career?
20, 2017, and January 20, 2021

As well as anything "collectively stored" or found together

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’ve written many search warrants in my day. The one served on Pres. Trump’s house looks kosher to me. They were allowed to search for documents kept in violation of the enumerated laws.
I didn't say it wasn't Kosher I said it was broad;
As well as anything "collectively stored" or found together

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Any government records produced over the entire time he was in office and anything stored with them. That's narrow in scope?
What he did may be in violation of the Presidential Records Act (PRA) of 1978, 44 U.S.C. §§ 22012209. It has nothing to do with the cost of the paper. And yes, that includes all documents created while Pres. Trump was in office.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say it wasn't Kosher I said it was broad;
As well as anything "collectively stored"
And that would be documents he kept in violation of the Presidential Records Act. That is not overly broad but specific to a violation of that act.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Any government records produced over the entire time he was in office and anything stored with or near them. That's narrow in scope?
Yes. It means they did not root around in underwear drawers or Melania's pockets, contrary to many absurd claims. It is limited to government papers which he is not allowed to take with him. Why did he have such a difficult time not pilfering documents?

• Agree
Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is contrary to fact. Did you even read the warrant?

other items illegally possessed in violation of 18 U.S.C. §§ 793, 2071 , or 1519, including the
following:
retrieval, storage, or transmission of national defense information or classified material;
any government and/or Presidential Records, or of any documents with classification
markings.​
20, 2017, and January 20, 2021;
as
well as any other containers/boxes that are collectively stored or found together

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And that would be documents he kept in violation of the Presidential Records Act. That is not overly broad but specific to a violation of that act.
That could be a thank you note. It may not be overly broad legally but it is broad.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I get a kick out of whataboutism arguments. They remind me of when I was a kid and I wanted to do something or have something against my parent's rules.
My arguments were usually but ALL my friends are going or ALL my friends have one. It didn't work for me either.

Exactly. Apparently DT's parents operated reared him differently.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,428,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They didn't STEAL his passports, they temporarily confiscated them. Boo Hoo.

...which the government can do at any time.

From my passport: "U.S. Government PROPERTY: This passport is the property of the United States (Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 51.7). It must be surrendered upon demand by an authorized representative of the United States Government."

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0