Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
so I caught my 20 year old brother watching inappropriate content. I didn't see him watching it but when I opened his door, it was pretty obvious what he was doing. hes my bestfriend. and we are very close. I am 21 by the way. anyways, I come from a very religious house hold. I'm a Pentecostal Christian. we go to church and I know God hates inappropriate content and masturbation. I just feel awful that he does it. it can affect his relationship with his future wife or kids. and I just know its not good to do. I feel deeply hurt by this. and when I talked to someone about it, they didn't understand why I felt so bad. they said watching inappropriate content is normal.. we clearly don't see things the same way. anyways I have big problems myself because I do it too. I always feel guilty when I do it. ive prayed about it and I cant stop. I guess I feel bad for the both of us :( I don't want to go to hell. and I don't want him going there either. what should I do? should I talk to him? I feel like I have no right to talk to him since I'm guilty of the same sin. what should I do? I don't feel right.. he always seems like such a good boy who would never do such a thing. I just needed to talk to someone. I'm confused. please only Christians answer.
Ecclesiastes chapter 2 verse 8
I amassed silver and gold for myself, and the treasure of kings and provinces. I acquired male and female singers, and a harem as well--the delights of a man's heart.
Every man that is not gay loves to see women.
And women are a thing of beauty to men.
1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8
Love covers many sins.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, can you please quote the verse(s) in the Bible that support what you say, "I'm trying to tell you that your sin doesn't change God's love you for, and the fact that he has already chosen to forgive you even before you commit that sin"

This is false Christian living, and sends out the wrong message that God's love for the Christian is so great, that He does not love any less because we sin! This is nonsense. The Bible tells us to be holy in all our living, and without holiness we shall not even see the Lord. In fact Jesus says that not all who say "Lord, Lord" will enter heaven, if they live unrighteous lives. God does not and cannot forgive any sin before they are committed, but ONLY after we repent. What the Prophet Jeremiah wrote, is still very much for us today:

"Then the word of the Lord came to me: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter has done? declares the Lord. Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel. If at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom, that I will pluck up and break down and destroy it, and if that nation, concerning which I have spoken, turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I intended to do to it. And if at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom that I will build and plant it, and if it does evil in my sight, not listening to my voice, then I will relent of the good that I had intended to do to it." (18:5-10)
I will quote them
Hi, can you please quote the verse(s) in the Bible that support what you say, "I'm trying to tell you that your sin doesn't change God's love you for, and the fact that he has already chosen to forgive you even before you commit that sin"

This is false Christian living, and sends out the wrong message that God's love for the Christian is so great, that He does not love any less because we sin! This is nonsense. The Bible tells us to be holy in all our living, and without holiness we shall not even see the Lord. In fact Jesus says that not all who say "Lord, Lord" will enter heaven, if they live unrighteous lives. God does not and cannot forgive any sin before they are committed, but ONLY after we repent. What the Prophet Jeremiah wrote, is still very much for us today:

"Then the word of the Lord came to me: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter has done? declares the Lord. Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel. If at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom, that I will pluck up and break down and destroy it, and if that nation, concerning which I have spoken, turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I intended to do to it. And if at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom that I will build and plant it, and if it does evil in my sight, not listening to my voice, then I will relent of the good that I had intended to do to it." (18:5-10)

Sin is the transgression of the law
1john 3:4

Therefore if you observe the law you don't commit sin, if you fail to observe the law you do commit sin.

Therefore no one will be declared righteous/ justified in His sight by observing the law. Rather through the law we become conscious of sin
Rom3:20

Last edited:
Upvote 0

the old scribe

old scribe
Site Supporter
May 13, 2017
Arlington, TX
✟89,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
so I caught my 20 year old brother watching inappropriate content. I didn't see him watching it but when I opened his door, it was pretty obvious what he was doing. hes my bestfriend. and we are very close. I am 21 by the way. anyways, I come from a very religious house hold. I'm a Pentecostal Christian. we go to church and I know God hates inappropriate content and masturbation. I just feel awful that he does it. it can affect his relationship with his future wife or kids. and I just know its not good to do. I feel deeply hurt by this. and when I talked to someone about it, they didn't understand why I felt so bad. they said watching inappropriate content is normal.. we clearly don't see things the same way. anyways I have big problems myself because I do it too. I always feel guilty when I do it. ive prayed about it and I cant stop. I guess I feel bad for the both of us :( I don't want to go to hell. and I don't want him going there either. what should I do? should I talk to him? I feel like I have no right to talk to him since I'm guilty of the same sin. what should I do? I don't feel right.. he always seems like such a good boy who would never do such a thing. I just needed to talk to someone. I'm confused. please only Christians answer.

Raymond E. Brown wrote, “Canaanite worship was socially destructive. Its religious acts were inappropriate contentographic and sick, seriously damaging to children, creating early impressions of deities with no interest in moral behavior. It tried to dignify, by the use of religious labels, depraved acts of inappropriate behavior with animals and corruption. It had a low estimate of human life. It suggested that anything was permissible, promiscuity, murder or anything else, in order to guarantee a good crop at harvest. It ignored the highest values both in the family and in the wider community love, loyalty, purity, peace and security and encouraged the view that all these things were inferior to material prosperity, physical satisfaction and human pleasure. A society where those things matter most is self destructive.” (Raymond E. Brown, The Message of Deuteronomy, InterVarsityPress, October 1993, p.146)

The LORD planned to expel the Canaanites from the land because they had defiled it. Furthermore, the Bible warns Israel that if they behave as the Canaanites, they too, will be expelled from the Promised Land. And both Israel and Judah were expelled from the Promised Land. The Promised Land may not be defiled under the Old Covenant. Can you apply this to the New Covenant?

inappropriate content is not just nudity, is it? It is debauchery and perverse. Watching inappropriate content effects people just as Canaanite worship influenced Israel to sin. About 12 times in Judges it reads, "Israel did what was evil in the site of the LORD." Each time they were punished by the Canaanites. Except for King David and Josiah, all the Kings of Israel and Judah worshiped idols with sexual perversion and debauchery. The norther ten tribes were carried off into captivity by the Assyrians (722 B.C.) - probably the most brutal conquerors in the Bible. Judah was carried off into captivity by Babylon (586 B.C.). The LORD expelled the Hebrews from the Promised Land. Of those who returned, most remained defiant and disobedient. The LORD again expelled them from the Promised Land in A.D. 66-73 and again in A.D. 132-136 because the Jews rejected the Messiah.

If you are into inappropriate contentography the Apostle Paul writes in Romans 1 (ESV) that the LORD has already given them up to lusts, impurity, dishonoring their bodies, worshiping the creature, dishonorable passions, debased mind, and deserve to die. Those who continue in sin it means the LORD has given them up - no Holy Ghost - no salvation.

References:
24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.

32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

Commentary:
“Given them up” is divine judgment - the equivalent to what the LORD allowed the Canaanites, Assyrians, Babylonians, and Romans to do with the descendants of Israel.

Watch inappropriate content and die spiritually for the Land of Promise will no longer be your inheritance.
Wisdom begins with the shear terror of His wrath. Fear Him!
Wisdom will always result in the Love of the LORD.

One must be extremely cautious with whom your vice is shared. Such information might cause the deranged mind to become forceful with you. I would not admit to anyone your own lusts. Being guilty of the same sin should make you the expert on its destructive power. You have every cause to speak to others with whom you share a common sin. But . . . . but call it what it is - sin is rebellion against God - desiring something more than God - idol worship - another god before the Lord - who has become your master.

I suppose, this is the only Hell Fire and Brimstone message in this thread.
But - your house is on fire!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christianfrend

Jun 27, 2017
Tamilnadu
✟15,403.00
Country
India
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Hi. I read what you had to share. Is it possible to live without watching inappropriate content? It is. Cut off from technology and live old school for awhile. Pray everyday to God and ask Him for the grace to stay away from it. It is God's grace that gives us the power to remain holy for Him. Though we are human beings with human feelings. Those are feelings that are there in us. And sometimes, we can't deny them. Just surrender to God. Just because your brother does or you do it doesn't mean you are bad people. I'm sure you would never want to hurt anyone in your life. A good partner is a gift from God. You must pray for your future partner. Be kind to your brother. Never make him feel bad for doing that and act like you don't know it. It isn't right in God's sight. No it isn't. But you have to work for your salvation first before you look at others. Even family members. Years before this present age, your brother would have been married for his age. It's a tough world. You have to pray and lead by example. If your brother is close to God, trust me. He would feel bad already. You don't know how tough it is for some of us to live like this without a wife or a girlfriend. Just be compassionate to him. Be kind to him. And don't worry. God will give you the strength to be more holy. If you read Romans Chapter 8 fully, you'd understand. If you don't, talk to a friend or a pastor. Or here. Better yet, call Jesus and tell Him :) God bless you.

"There is therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit." Romans Chapter 8 verse 1. (Please read the entire Chapter if possible.)

Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dude, relax! God does not indent for you to go though life with a guilt complex. Masturbation is non-Scriptural. There is absolutely no word about it in Scripture!

If you love your brother remember, "love covers".

If you didn't do it, blue balls(swollen testicles) can go from uncomfortable, to debilitating, to physically dangerous. It is a common problem in Marine Corps boot camp which the Marine Corps takes seriously and offers only one solution. As there is only one solution.

The problem is the inappropriate content induced fantasy. If you don't keep that reigned in it will take you for a ride. Left unchecked for too long, it can lead to antisocial or even criminal behavior later in life. Criminal profilers know this so don't go down that well traveled slippery path.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If You haVe a home church, there should be council that can help you through the stress and guilt we put ourselves through when we do what we will not to do.

The pastors my family has had experience with aren't trained well enough. And I'm speaking of different denominations.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A difficult habit to break. It's especially difficult because it's so easy to access it on the Internet. But as my Father once said of quitting cigarettes, there ain't no easy way about it, you just have to throw them down and say the heck with it. Indeed. Unlike nicotine though, inappropriate content in no way alleviates urges. It makes them far worse. It also creates an unrealistic view of sex as a kind of Olympic event. Whereas as Robin Williams noted, a married couple share an intimate moment when the wife reminds the husband that the garage is open.

Not only does it create an unrealistic view of sex but expectations as well.

Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
" always feel guilty when I do it. ive prayed about it and I cant stop." There is no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus. Get past guilt. Its NOT from GOD. Now.. you said "cant stop" So whats the problem? You have what you say.. what so ever you desire when you pray.. believe you receive it and you will get it. We don't understand WORDS. Why do you think we will have to answer for EVER idle word?

Faith works BOTH WAYS! Good or bad. Some say "every year about this time I get sick" "well my mom had it.. her mom had it so I will get it to". So is the bible true or not? So if by the sweet sweet Holy Spirit this was said "For sin shall not have dominion (or be your master) over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace."

And you can find MORE verse where SIN has no power over you. You listen to a lie.. that lie then gave way to the sin. Its it not written greater is HE that is in you then he thats in the world? The lie is ..cant stop..yeah.. just a lie. Eph.. I put off the old man which is corrupt according to its deceitful luts.. I put on the new man which after GOD is created in righteousness and true holiness.

I was thinking about that when I was making coffee this morning.. wondering why I was.. so Eph.. 4.. read it. say it.. put off the old man and put on the new. If you dont understand it ask The sweet sweet holy Spirit to explain it.. HE WILL!

Understand the LIE.. 1st comes the LIE then the sin. It started somewhere.. look back find out what it was.. Ask.. the Father to help change your VIEW on how you see women :)

GOD CAN NOT LIE and yes putting it in caps helps haha. And.. whom the Son sets free is FREE INDEED! Yeah.. again the LIE saying your not set free..your still a slave.. NO! JESUS came died.. rose.. you BELIEVE.. you are NOW a CHILD OF GOD.. GOD IS YOUR DADDY! And YOU HAVE BEEN SET FREE! Think on that.. Phil 4 how we should think!

So we as men and women have these desires. So.. repent..dust off.. and next time take a cold shower.. take a walk..And if we repent.. and then we keep thinking about our past *talking to me now haha* He does not remember ..no clue what we talking about. He forgives and forgets as if it never happen. GUILT comes from the enemy. NEVER God..

Your free.. REJOICE! Sin NO LONGER has a hold on you. Pray for OTHERS and have FAITH. We dont control anyone. Its to GOD each of us answer to. WE need Him.. He does not as it is written need anyone. He changes people.. not us

Upvote 0

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yeah! Here we go!

Eph 4:32, Be kind and helpful to one another, tender-hearted [compassionate, understanding], forgiving one another [readily and freely], just as God in Christ also forgave [c]you.

Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

Jer 31:33-34, This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the Lord. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 34 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the Lord. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

Hebrews 8:12, For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Hebrews 9:11-12, But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that are now already here,[a] he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not made with human hands, that is to say, is not a part of this creation. 12 He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining[b] eternal redemption (eternally redeeming us from sins).

Hebrews 9:24-28, For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence. 25 Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. 26 Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Hebrews 10:
The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2 Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. 3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins. 4 It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:

“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but a body you prepared for me;
6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings
you were not pleased.
7 Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—
I have come to do your will, my God.’”

8 First he said, “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them”—though they were offered in accordance with the law. 9 Then he said, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool. 14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:

16 “This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”b]">[b]

17 Then he adds:

“Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.”c]">[c]

18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

The Verse you are referring to:

"Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’"

Key word in here is "I never knew you," or in other words, they were never truly saved; they never truly had a relationship with God, but rather were deceived by false religion/teachers. I know what I have is real (in regards to relationship with God) because God has confirmed it many times with me. I've seen Angels, I've seen miracles, and I've heard the audible voice of God. I don't say that to show off, but rather, to prove that God has shown me that what I believe is real, and I'm not just following some false religion/idea of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Now, one of the verses people always run to to say that we need to keep asking for forgiveness for our sins is 1 john 1:9. That now this one is a bit tricky to explain without giving you pages upon pages of verses to read. But the summed up verses is this: The fact of the matter is God has forgiven us of not only our past, and present sins, but he has also forgiven us of all the sins we are ever going to commit as well. So what is this verse saying? Our spirits are saved, perfect, Holy, Righteous, redeemed, and sinless as they will ever be. We have the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead living within us, and so our spirits are just as perfect as his. But just because our spirits are that way, it doesn't mean our flesh is, and that our flesh is a different story. Our flesh is still corrupted by sin, and as the Bible puts it, sin is deadly. Also, when we sin we give satan access into our lives to do as he pleases. And that is the reason why we need to ask for 'forgiveness' of our sins. It has nothing to do with our salvation, but our flesh still needs to be cleansed of our unrighteousness.

BUT SIN HAS TO BE PUNISHED, someone might say; but the fact is Jesus has already taken the punishment, and wrath for our sin, so therefore, we are no longer being punished for our sins. So does that now give permission to live a life of sin? Heck no! As Paul put it: How can we who are dead to sin live in it anymore!

Thank you Jesus for the cross!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah! Here we go!

Eph 4:32, Be kind and helpful to one another, tender-hearted [compassionate, understanding], forgiving one another [readily and freely], just as God in Christ also forgave [c]you.

Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

Jer 31:33-34, This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the Lord. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 34 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the Lord. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

Hebrews 8:12, For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Hebrews 9:11-12, But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that are now already here,[a] he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not made with human hands, that is to say, is not a part of this creation. 12 He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining[b] eternal redemption (eternally redeeming us from sins).

Hebrews 9:24-28, For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence. 25 Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. 26 Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Hebrews 10:
The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2 Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. 3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins. 4 It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:

“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but a body you prepared for me;
6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings
you were not pleased.
7 Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—
I have come to do your will, my God.’”

8 First he said, “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them”—though they were offered in accordance with the law. 9 Then he said, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool. 14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:

16 “This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”b]">[b]

17 Then he adds:

“Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.”c]">[c]

18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

The Verse you are referring to:

"Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’"

Key word in here is "I never knew you," or in other words, they were never truly saved.

A Christian can still be saved and live a life of sin (and still make it to heaven). The only problem is that they are going to live a totally defeated life, and be crushed by Satan because of that sinful life. Yes, we all strive to live a holy life, not for the reason of obtaining righteousness, or earning God's love and favor, but because that is not who we are anymore. We are a new creation in Christ, which is dead to sin, and also set free from the power that sin once had over us. Are we perfect at it? No, but our imperfections don't change God's love for us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you want to see how great God's love for us is?

2 Cor 5:21, God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

Matthew 18:11-13: For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost. [12] What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying? [13] And if he should find it, assuredly, I say to you, he rejoices more over that sheep than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray.”

even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. [35] Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? [36] As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.” [37] Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. [38] For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, [39] nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 5:5-8: “Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. [6] For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. [7] For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. [8] But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Titus 3:4-7: “But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, [5] not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, [6] whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, [7] that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

1 John 2:2: “And He Himself is the propitiation (payment) for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.”

1 John 4:8-10: He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. [9] In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. [10] In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation (payment) for our sins.”

There are many more verse, but I figured this will do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christodoulos

Jun 9, 2017
Dudley
✟11,277.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You want to see how great God's love for us is?

2 Cor 5:21, God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

Matthew 18:11-13: For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost. [12] What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying? [13] And if he should find it, assuredly, I say to you, he rejoices more over that sheep than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray.”

even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. [35] Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? [36] As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.” [37] Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. [38] For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, [39] nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 5:5-8: “Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. [6] For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. [7] For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. [8] But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Titus 3:4-7: “But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, [5] not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, [6] whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, [7] that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

1 John 2:2: “And He Himself is the propitiation (payment) for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.”

1 John 4:8-10: He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. [9] In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. [10] In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation (payment) for our sins.

There are many more verse, but I figured this will do.

Here is a very simple question, as I can see from your replies, that you don't understand what I said. You are a married man. Now, suppose you start to live a double-life and take other secret wives, or have a long term adulterous relationship. You don't feel too bad about it, and as you have been forgiven when you were born-again, see no further need to feel sorry, or confess this, and even though you know from the Bible what you are doing is wrong and sinful, rest on God's forgiveness when you were saved. Are you saying in this situation God still loves you with an unchanged love? He would not chastise you for this, and simply leave you to continue, because His love for you is so strong, that it is not big deal of your wicked and sinful life? If you do, then you are clearly deluded. What do you think Jesus means here?

"“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’" (Matthew 7:21-23)

And this from Jeremiah:

"Then the word of the Lord came to me: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter has done? declares the Lord. Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel. If at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom, that I will pluck up and break down and destroy it, and if that nation, concerning which I have spoken, turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I intended to do to it. And if at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom that I will build and plant it, and if it does evil in my sight, not listening to my voice, then I will relent of the good that I had intended to do to it. Now, therefore, say to the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem: ‘Thus says the Lord, Behold, I am shaping disaster against you and devising a plan against you. Return, every one from his evil way, and amend your ways and your deeds"

(18:5-11)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And here is your answer: That's exactly what I'm saying. Yes, God will try to steer you on the right path, and show you that there is a better way, but his love still doesn't change for us. I could live the rest of my life in sin, and the moment I died, I would go straight into the loving arms of God. He would not rebuke me, he wouldn't even bring up what I did, he would just love on me. Because like he promised us in those verses I posted, "Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more," and God isn't one to lie.

God's love for me, and my right standing isn't based off of what I do, but it's based off of What Jesus did, and that fact that God chose to love me and show his love for us while we were yet a sinners. I did nothing to deserve his love, so therefore I can do nothing to undo his love for me either.

You ask what Jesus means; I point towards the cross. That's all I have to say about that.

If you'd like, we can discuss this more privately. I don't want to go into a further debate on this thread.

Blessings

• Prayers
Reactions: Christodoulos
Upvote 0

Christodoulos

Jun 9, 2017
Dudley
✟11,277.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And here is your answer: That's exactly what I'm saying. Yes, God will try to steer you on the right path, and show you that there is a better way, but his love still doesn't change for us. I could live the rest of my life in sin, and the moment I died, I would go straight into the loving arms of God. He would not rebuke me, he wouldn't even bring up what I did, he would just love on me. Because like he promised us in those verses I posted, "Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more," and God isn't one to lie.

God's love for me, and my right standing isn't based off of what I do, but it's based off of What Jesus did, and that fact that God chose to love me and show his love for us while we were yet a sinners. I did nothing to deserve his love, so therefore I can do nothing to undo his love for me either.

You ask what Jesus means; I point towards the cross. That's all I have to say about that.

If you'd like, we can discuss this more privately. I don't want to go into a further debate on this thread.

Blessings

I will pray for you brother, as your reasoning is flawed and does not come from the Holy Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh, and I forgot to add this! If you talk with him and tell him that you are struggling with the same thing, you two can not only help each other on this, but find common ground and begin to surrender this sin to God. God loves you so, so much. It pains Him to see everyone sin, whether we do it on purpose or not. Good thing is, He is always going to be there beside you and in your heart, in your spirit. Jesus didn't die for nothing. Sin is abolished when we bring it to God, and He holds our hand as we begin to walk down that path of recovery and repentance. A lot of info, I know, but how precious it is to know even the tallest mountains to us can be so small to Him.

I will be praying for you love! You can do it. You can do it. You can do it.

:heartpulse:
It's dangerous and risky to do that, especially from a male perspective... I do not recommend being that intimate or deeply personal with anyone but a mate... It's dangerous and risky to the relationship... It could be good or bad...

But, I do like what you said...

It's up to her, I guess...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's dangerous and risky to do that, especially from a male perspective... I do not recommend being that intimate or deeply personal with anyone but a mate... It's dangerous and risky to the relationship... It could be good or bad...

But, I do like what you said...

It's up to her, I guess...?

God Bless!
I agree if you are saying that it is somewhat inappropriate for a brother and sister to discuss inappropriate content and masturbation on a serious level.

Something are better not said. Between siblings, inappropriate content and masturbation aren't subjects to really discuss.

I'd save that until they have both grown up a little more. They are too young at 20 yo and 21 yo to have such a conversation as Christians.

The brother, should probably find a good male Christain to talk to about these two specific subjects.

• Agree
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0