i feel awful.. christians answer only.

mao

Dec 14, 2012
✟13,376.00
Faith
Pentecostal
so I caught my 20 year old brother watching inappropriate content. I didn't see him watching it but when I opened his door, it was pretty obvious what he was doing. hes my bestfriend. and we are very close. I am 21 by the way. anyways, I come from a very religious house hold. I'm a Pentecostal Christian. we go to church and I know God hates inappropriate content and masturbation. I just feel awful that he does it. it can affect his relationship with his future wife or kids. and I just know its not good to do. I feel deeply hurt by this. and when I talked to someone about it, they didn't understand why I felt so bad. they said watching inappropriate content is normal.. we clearly don't see things the same way. anyways I have big problems myself because I do it too. I always feel guilty when I do it. ive prayed about it and I cant stop. I guess I feel bad for the both of us :( I don't want to go to hell. and I don't want him going there either. what should I do? should I talk to him? I feel like I have no right to talk to him since I'm guilty of the same sin. what should I do? I don't feel right.. he always seems like such a good boy who would never do such a thing. I just needed to talk to someone. I'm confused. please only Christians answer.

ub4me

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2005
USA
✟20,873.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sending prayers of deliverance for both of you. It's an addiction and a spiritual battle. Therefore it must be fought in the spirit. Resist and it will flee, but like any addiction you must want to quit. You may need counseling to guide you spiritually. I would not bring it up to your brother because things could then become awkward. Pray for him for sure, I can see you in prayer battling those demons on his behalf and those same spirits leaving you...for where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Theadorus

Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God told me this once, "Forgive yourself, because I have already forgiven the sins of your flesh."

Yes, inappropriate content isn't good, and it is very addicting once you start, but know that you can beat it. Yes, it's hard to control yourself once those feelings of lust coming over you, but you need to tell your body "No." Ask God to give you the strength to fight those feelings of lust, but you need to also reject those thoughts when they start entering into your mind. My pastor gave me this awesome word of wisdom: You can't be tempted by something you don't think about. In other words, if you start entertaining thoughts of lust within your mind, you will eventually act it out. And you need to make a conscious effort not to check guys out and lust after them either. The more you fight the thought of lust, the easier it will be to resist that temptation. It took me a very long time to overcome that, but it can be done, but you must be willing to fight. Another thing you need to do is figure out what triggers the feelings of lust, and try your best to avoid it. For example, if watching a certain tv show triggers those feelings, you then need to stay way from that.

Fun fact: Watching inappropriate content will not send you to Hell. Masturbation will not send you to hell. Heck, even committing adultery will not send you to hell. I grew up Pentecostal, and they focus waaaaay too much on the sin and less on the Cross and the fact that God has already forgiven us of all of ours sins. So yeah, you won't end up in hell because of that.

Lastly, when you do slip up, don't condemn yourself. Just tell God your sorry you messed up, and move on. Just keep fighting it, and the distance between each slip up will get longer until eventually you beat this thing. When a thought like that pops in, you tell that spirit of lust to "shut its mouth in the name of Jesus."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mao

Dec 14, 2012
✟13,376.00
Faith
Pentecostal
God told me this once, "Forgive yourself, because I have already forgiven the sins of your flesh."

Yes, inappropriate content isn't good, and it is very addicting once you start, but know that you can beat it. Yes, it's hard to control yourself once those feelings of lust coming over you, but you need to tell your body "No." Ask God to give you the strength to fight those feelings of lust, but you need to also reject those thoughts when they start entering into your mind. My pastor gave me this awesome word of wisdom: You can't be tempted by something you don't think about. In other words, if you start entertaining thoughts of lust within your mind, you will eventually act it out. And you need to make a conscious effort not to check girls out and lust after them either. The more you fight the thought of lust, the easier it will be to resist that temptation. It took me a very long time to overcome that, but it can be done, but you must be willing to fight. Another thing you need to do is figure out what triggers the feelings of lust, and try your best to avoid it. For example, if watching a certain tv show triggers those feelings, you then need to stay way from that.

Fun fact: Watching inappropriate content will not send you to Hell. Masturbation will not send you to hell. Heck, even committing adultery will not send you to hell. I grew up Pentecostal, and they focus waaaaay too much on the sin and less on the fact that God has already forgiven us of all of ours sins. So yeah, you won't end up in hell because of that.

Lastly, when you do slip up, don't condemn yourself. Just tell God your sorry you messed up, and move on. Just keep fighting it, and the distance between each slip up will get longer until eventually you beat this thing. When a thought like that pops in, you tell that spirit of lust to "shut its mouth in the name of Jesus."
thank you for your reply. I'm actually a girl. I will make the effort to stop masturbating. its soo hard because I enjoy the feeling of it.. anyways about my brother, how can I stop feeling soo bad that he does it to? should I talk to him or just act like I never saw him do it?

Upvote 0

mao

Dec 14, 2012
✟13,376.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Sending prayers of deliverance for both of you. It's an addiction and a spiritual battle. Therefore it must be fought in the spirit. Resist and it will flee, but like any addiction you must want to quit. You may need counseling to guide you spiritually. I would not bring it up to your brother because things could then become awkward. Pray for him for sure, I can see you in prayer battling those demons on his behalf and those same spirits leaving you...for where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty.
AMEN thank you. I will not bring it up to him. ill just pray for the both of us. where can I go to concelling for this? or should I just try to beat this on my own?

Upvote 0

mao

Dec 14, 2012
✟13,376.00
Faith
Pentecostal
AMEN thank you. I will not bring it up to him. ill just pray for the both of us. where can I go to concelling for this? or should I just try to beat this on my own?

Upvote 0

mao

Dec 14, 2012
✟13,376.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Upvote 0

Theadorus

Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm actually a girl.

Whoops, I'm sorry. I just assumed you were a guy because a lot of guys struggle with lust. I'll re-word my original post.

anyways about my brother, how can I stop feeling soo bad that he does it to? should I talk to him or just act like I never saw him do it?

I'll let someone give you advice about your brother because I don't know how to answer that one. But you can stop feeling bad by forgiving him, and just praying for him. You are not responsible for his actions, and so really, there isn't anything you can do about it until makes the choice to quit.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
A difficult habit to break. It's especially difficult because it's so easy to access it on the Internet. But as my Father once said of quitting cigarettes, there ain't no easy way about it, you just have to throw them down and say the heck with it. Indeed. Unlike nicotine though, inappropriate content in no way alleviates urges. It makes them far worse. It also creates an unrealistic view of sex as a kind of Olympic event. Whereas as Robin Williams noted, a married couple share an intimate moment when the wife reminds the husband that the garage is open.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ub4me

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2005
USA
✟20,873.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

thank you. ive been prayed over many times over this and I cant seem to stop.
God judges the heart, He knows you are trying. He won't forsake you. If you feel convicted it's not a death sentence. Rather the Lord speaking to your heart. When you get those urges put on some w

Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I don't want to go to hell.
No one's going to Hell just yet so get that one out of your mind.
Saint Paul said "why do I do the thing I hate?". Well because most of us are still slaves to sin to varying degrees. No one giving you advice here is perfect including me.
Just know that you are not the only one who sins. The sin you mentioned here doesn't shock me. There are so many ways we fail to live up to our own expectations.
If you want to get rid of this one desperately, get active, start good habits. Prayer, read good books including the Bible. But know that you are forgiven. Just try to overcome. That's all any of us can do.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
But as my Father once said of quitting cigarettes, there ain't no easy way about it, you just have to throw them down and say the heck with it.
I did that btw. Cold turkey. Motivation was : 1. I don't want to be the last one in my family to quit. (I beat my brother) and 2. I wanted to quit before my 50th birthday. I did it! Alleluia!

Upvote 0

mao

Dec 14, 2012
✟13,376.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I did that btw. Cold turkey. Motivation was : 1. I don't want to be the last one in my family to quit. (I beat my brother) and 2. I wanted to quit before my 50th birthday. I did it! Alleluia!
ya I'm glad you quit! your soo strong for that! and thank you for your words of wisdom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mao

Dec 14, 2012
✟13,376.00
Faith
Pentecostal
ya I'm glad you quit! your soo strong for that! and thank you for your words of wisdom.
Whoops, I'm sorry. I just assumed you were a guy because a lot of guys struggle with lust. I'll re-word my original post. thank you. you are right. ill pray for him. thank you soo much for your words of wisdom. they really helped me

I'll let someone give you advice about your brother because I don't know how to answer that one. But you can stop feeling bad by forgiving him, and just praying for him. You are not responsible for his actions, and so really, there isn't anything you can do about it until makes the choice to quit.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
so I caught my 20 year old brother watching inappropriate content. I didn't see him watching it but when I opened his door, it was pretty obvious what he was doing. hes my bestfriend. and we are very close. I am 21 by the way. anyways, I come from a very religious house hold. I'm a Pentecostal Christian. we go to church and I know God hates inappropriate content and masturbation. I just feel awful that he does it. it can affect his relationship with his future wife or kids. and I just know its not good to do. I feel deeply hurt by this. and when I talked to someone about it, they didn't understand why I felt so bad. they said watching inappropriate content is normal.. we clearly don't see things the same way. anyways I have big problems myself because I do it too. I always feel guilty when I do it. ive prayed about it and I cant stop. I guess I feel bad for the both of us :( I don't want to go to hell. and I don't want him going there either. what should I do? should I talk to him? I feel like I have no right to talk to him since I'm guilty of the same sin. what should I do? I don't feel right.. he always seems like such a good boy who would never do such a thing. I just needed to talk to someone. I'm confused. please only Christians answer.

Armor of God Bible study: Acts 17:11 Bible Study: The Full Armor of God
(study and put it into practice each day.)

If you feel you can't control your viewing habits...get rid of anything
that you use to access inappropriate content...cut off the internet, Cable TV, get a cell
phone that doesn't have a data plan(no access to internet).
Burn up any inappropriate contentographic material you have.
There's also inappropriate content blocker software like:Internet Accountability and Filtering | Covenant Eyes

Repenting of sin is more than telling the Lord:"I'm sorry"...it also
includes putting in place safety nets to prevent you from repeating the
same sin again and again.
You can't play with sin...you got to get serious about dealing with it,
if you don't it will take you further than you ever intended to go.

What sends a person to hell is rejecting Jesus as Lord and Savior.
Getting free of sexual sin is a battle because sexual sin is something
you commit with your whole person...as the Bible puts it, sinning
against your own body and you're to glory the Lord with your body...
1 Corinthians 6:18-20.

Upvote 0

mao

Dec 14, 2012
✟13,376.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Whoops, I'm sorry. I just assumed you were a guy because a lot of guys struggle with lust. I'll re-word my original post. thank you. you are right. ill pray for him. thank you soo much for your words of wisdom. they really helped me

Armor of God Bible study: Acts 17:11 Bible Study: The Full Armor of God
(study and put it into practice each day.)

If you feel you can't control your viewing habits...get rid of anything
that you use to access inappropriate content...cut off the internet, Cable TV, get a cell
phone that doesn't have a data plan(no access to internet).
Burn up any inappropriate contentographic material you have.
There's also inappropriate content blocker software like:Internet Accountability and Filtering | Covenant Eyes

Repenting of sin is more than telling the Lord:"I'm sorry"...it also
includes putting in place safety nets to prevent you from repeating the
same sin again and again.
You can't play with sin...you got to get serious about dealing with it,
if you don't it will take you further than you ever intended to go.

What sends a person to hell is rejecting Jesus as Lord and Savior.
Getting free of sexual sin is a battle because sexual sin is something
you commit with your whole person...as the Bible puts it, sinning
against your own body and you're to glory the Lord with your body...
1 Corinthians 6:18-20.
amen thank you for your wisdom

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
unfortunately we live in a world of human/beastly(666) spirituality/religiosity and therefore all kinds of stumbling blocks, twists, corruptions and temptations (Revelation 17:1-5), where millions of people have been betrayed to be defiled with all kinds of defilements (Revelation 18:1-8), which is why there have been all kinds of pandemics, and unfortunately many religious worshipers and people trusting in/relying on religion of this world have been betrayed from inside, because the religion they have trusted has betrayed them to be defiled or ruined or to suffer or die (Matthew 24:9-10), for it has professed/prophesied non-salvation and destruction for them, because its clerics/worshipers/followers have not cleansed it of all iniquities, this is why true sanctification is very important nowadays, whenever we are about/going to do/have something such as sex, it will be good for us, first of all, to not forget that there have been all kinds of unclean/foul spirits in the world and that we have to cleanse us and others of them (if any of them has affected/possessed us), because they are precisely what the biblical Saints call(ed) "sins" - for that purpose, true faith and righteous prayer are needed

Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0