i feel awful.. christians answer only.

mao

Dec 14, 2012
✟13,376.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Also ive been feeling worse because i told 2 ppl about this and theyre saying i shouldnt feel bad. And that inappropriate content is not a big deal.. im so tired of people not understanding where im coming from. Im always looked at as crazy for having these feelings. Thats why i dont tell people things because they always make me feel worse.. smh humans.

Upvote 0

mao

Dec 14, 2012
✟13,376.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Also ive been feeling worse because i told 2 ppl about this and theyre saying i shouldnt feel bad. And that inappropriate content is not a big deal.. im so tired of people not understanding where im coming from. Im always looked at as crazy for having these feelings. Thats why i dont tell people things because they always make me feel worse.. smh humans.
Glad to help :)

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Sadly, it is the type of thing that people brush off. You are on the right track. God Bless.

Upvote 0

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm wasn't trying to say that inappropriate content isn't a big deal, what I was trying to say was that you shouldn't condemn yourself because of it. You shouldn't beat yourself up so badly. If you were to stand in front of God right now, would he sit there and tell you how terrible of a person you are for watching inappropriate content? No. He, would tell you how much he loves you and that he knows you can beat this addiction. He would love on you, and tell you to be strong, and how he created you to be an overcomer.

I completely understand where you are coming from, because like I said, I've been through that myself, and it was a tough battle, but I overcame it. All condemnation, and feeling bad about yourself is going to do is hurt your relationship with God. when you're condemned about sinning, you feel unworthy to fellowship, or even mention God's name. Yes, you may get over feeling bad after a few days, and then feel like a christian again, but once you sin, you go right back into feeling unworthy, and that is a terrible way to live. I'm not trying to minimize the sin, I'm trying to tell you that your sin doesn't change God's love you for, and the fact that he has already chosen to forgive you even before you commit that sin. Like I said, when you mess up, repent, pick yourself back up and keep on moving. The more you fight it, the easier it becomes to resist it.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: mao
Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Read Matthew 5:29-30, understanding that it is hyperbole but that its point is that we ought to deal with sin drasticaly because it WILL send you to hell.

Also when you read in Matthew 6, note the parts where it says that God the Father SEES IN SECRET.

I suggest reading the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5, Matthew 6, and Matthew 7) every day with a focus on these truths. And continue down to verse 4 of chapter 8. Matthew 8:1-4. He is able to completely cleanse you from spiritual leprosy (Ephesians 3:20). Afterward, don't tell anyone what He has done in you but let your life show it clearly. I compare Matthew 8:2 to Psalms 51:7, Matthew 8:3 to 1 John 1:7, and Matthew 8:4 to 1 John 1:8.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mao

Dec 14, 2012
✟13,376.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm wasn't trying to say that inappropriate content isn't a big deal, what I was trying to say was that you shouldn't condemn yourself because of it. You shouldn't beat yourself up so badly. If you were to stand in front of God right now, would he sit there and tell you how terrible of a person you are for watching inappropriate content? No. He, would tell you how much he loves you and that he knows you can beat this addiction. He would love on you, and tell you to be strong, and how he created you to be an overcomer.

I completely understand where you are coming from, because like I said, I've been through that myself, and it was a tough battle, but I overcame it. All condemnation, and feeling bad about yourself is going to do is hurt your relationship with God. when you're condemned about sinning, you feel unworthy to fellowship, or even mention God's name. Yes, you may get over feeling bad after a few days, and then feel like a christian again, but once you sin, you go right back into feeling unworthy, and that is a terrible way to live. I'm not trying to minimize the sin, I'm trying to tell you that your sin doesn't change God's love you for, and the fact that he has already chosen to forgive you even before you commit that sin. Like I said, when you mess up pick yourself back up and keep on moving. The more you fight it, the easier it becomes to resist it.
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] sorry my comment wasnt towards you at all. I know exactly what you meant. I was upset because my 2 friends were saying inappropriate content is not a big deal. I didnt mean towards you. Sorry if i made it seem that way. Thank you for what your wrote. It was super helpful. I appreciate it. God Bless!

• Friendly
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

ChristopherK

Jun 2, 2017
New York
✟13,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
so I caught my 20 year old brother watching inappropriate content. I didn't see him watching it but when I opened his door, it was pretty obvious what he was doing. hes my bestfriend. and we are very close. I am 21 by the way. anyways, I come from a very religious house hold. I'm a Pentecostal Christian. we go to church and I know God hates inappropriate content and masturbation. I just feel awful that he does it. it can affect his relationship with his future wife or kids. and I just know its not good to do. I feel deeply hurt by this. and when I talked to someone about it, they didn't understand why I felt so bad. they said watching inappropriate content is normal.. we clearly don't see things the same way. anyways I have big problems myself because I do it too. I always feel guilty when I do it. ive prayed about it and I cant stop. I guess I feel bad for the both of us :( I don't want to go to hell. and I don't want him going there either. what should I do? should I talk to him? I feel like I have no right to talk to him since I'm guilty of the same sin. what should I do? I don't feel right.. he always seems like such a good boy who would never do such a thing. I just needed to talk to someone. I'm confused. please only Christians answer.

This is a GREAT opportunity to confide in your brother with your own sins too. There's nothing better than having accountability with someone so close as your brother. The both of you struggle w/ the same sin and are family so the honesty and availability between you both could definitely help.

In the end, any sin derives from the same place which is dissatisfaction in God. I say that for myself as well.

Upvote 0

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] sorry my comment wasnt towards you at all. I know exactly what you meant. I was upset because my 2 friends were saying inappropriate content is not a big deal. I didnt mean towards you. Sorry if i made it seem that way. Thank you for what your wrote. It was super helpful. I appreciate it. God Bless!

Oh, ok. Not a problem :)

Upvote 0

mao

Dec 14, 2012
✟13,376.00
Faith
Pentecostal
This is a GREAT opportunity to confide in your brother with your own sins too. There's nothing better than having accountability with someone so close as your brother. The both of you struggle w/ the same sin and are family so the honesty and availability between you both could definitely help.

In the end, any sin derives from the same place which is dissatisfaction in God. I say that for myself as well.
How should i start the convo? I just hope its not going to be super awkward. I really feel in my heart i should talk to him about it. But i dont know what to say

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I say dont pray for your brother and stop putting thoughts of him watching into the air( e.g. stop thinking about him doing it).

Remove the beam from your own eyes, and only then will you be able to clearly see and help remove the mote in your brothers. Pray for your own deliverance, and when you know your prayer works, then use it on you brother knowing that after your words are uttered, deliverance will come.

Last note, I personally would not call one a friend, who catches me in "sin" and then tells the world about it, or anyone who possibly knows me. This doesn't seem to be the actions of a friend....but i could be wrong.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so I caught my 20 year old brother watching inappropriate content. I didn't see him watching it but when I opened his door, it was pretty obvious what he was doing. hes my bestfriend. and we are very close. I am 21 by the way. anyways, I come from a very religious house hold. I'm a Pentecostal Christian. we go to church and I know God hates inappropriate content and masturbation. I just feel awful that he does it. it can affect his relationship with his future wife or kids. and I just know its not good to do. I feel deeply hurt by this. and when I talked to someone about it, they didn't understand why I felt so bad. they said watching inappropriate content is normal.. we clearly don't see things the same way. anyways I have big problems myself because I do it too. I always feel guilty when I do it. ive prayed about it and I cant stop. I guess I feel bad for the both of us :( I don't want to go to hell. and I don't want him going there either. what should I do? should I talk to him? I feel like I have no right to talk to him since I'm guilty of the same sin. what should I do? I don't feel right.. he always seems like such a good boy who would never do such a thing. I just needed to talk to someone. I'm confused. please only Christians answer.
The more you, and your brother fear hell, due to lust, the worse the lust will get, the more you will watch inappropriate content

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Don't tell him you do it too, or let him know any of that about you, and realize that especially with young boys or young men, it's pretty commonplace and that's why most say it is normal... But not all the way up into old age, and there is reasons for that... And many say it gets easier as you get older...

I doubt he thinks that you do it too, like you didn't think he did it... don't let him know, K...?

How is he acting with and around you...? My suggestion act around him like it didn't even happen, especially if he is acting like it never happened... If not, he might act awkward around you for a little while, But, if you can treat it like it's no big deal?, but, your not going to talk about it with him either, unless he does or tries to, other than that just act like it never happened, like catching your parents having sex...

If and when and if "he" tries to talk "to you" about it, just stop him and say "look, it's pretty normal especially for guys your age, so I've heard... Just lock your door next time, and I'll promise to always knock if the door is shut from now on, OK? Other than that, I'd really like us to just forget about it and put it behind us, OK?"

And leave it at that, if he tries to bring it up...

Whatever you do, do not let him know that you do it too...

Peace,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

mao

Dec 14, 2012
✟13,376.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I say dont pray for your brother and stop putting thoughts of him watching into the air( e.g. stop thinking about him doing it).

Remove the beam from your own eyes, and only then will you be able to clearly see and help remove the mote in your brothers. Pray for your own deliverance, and when you know your prayer works, then use it on you brother knowing that after your words are uttered, deliverance will come.

Last note, I personally would not call one a friend, who catches me in "sin" and then tells the world about it, or anyone who possibly knows me. This doesn't seem to be the actions of a friend....but i could be wrong.
i didnt tell the "world" about his sin.. i only told 2 people who i thought would be understanding. You clearly misunderstood what i was saying. I was talking to them for support not to have something to gossip about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Please explain this further.
Because your fearing hell due to the lust issues and that could be the problem, if you study, you find that for believers it takes a certain kind of sin to lose salvation once you have it,and as long as your repentant and open and honest with God and talk to him about it, your sins, he will forgive you every time, but you have to be truly and genuinely sorry for what you are doing with sinning, the danger of staying in it to long, is that you could lose the ability to being genuinely and truly sorry at some point....

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was raised pentecostal. At the age of ten I responded to an altar call and set out on the Christian path, determined to live a pure and holy life for God. I started to become aware of my imperfections/ sin( even at that age) and I didn't want the sin, I wanted to be completely pure, holy and sinless.
Then I reached puberty and along came the impure thoughts. My stomach churned, I didn't want them, I didn't want to end up in hell. But no matter how hard I tried to resist such thoughts, they just grew stronger in my life.
I became a slave of masturbation. Sometimes three or four times a day. I didn't have the internet in those days, but if I had, i would have watched a lot of inappropriate content also. The more dirty I believed my lustful thoughts were, the more excited I felt by them, the more shame I had. I became wracked by guilt, fear and condemnation. And all the time the lust/ masturbation just got worse. I cared about nothing apart from lust/ women.
At the age of sixteen I stopped going to church. I was too impure to belong there. I couldn't live the holy life the other church members appeared to live.
When I was nineteen my life was in a mess, I went to see someone, he asked me to read a book. I did, and for the first time in my life I read about Pauls gospel message. I had never heard preached what i was now reading. I read my righteousness before God was faith in Christ, not my own personal goodness. I dared to believe I could be a Christian after all, for Christianity hinged in what Christ did for me.
But what of the masturbation? I didn't want it, I wanted to be free of it. I got down on my knees and asked God to deal with it, determined to believe Christ was now my righteousness before God.
For the next three days I masturbated, but for the first time in my life I did not let that make me feel condemned. I looked to Jesus and trusted I was saved because he died for me. He was my rightstanding before God.
A voice in my head told me I was a hypocrite and fooling myself. I couldn't be a Christian and do what I was doing. It was so hard to ignore that voice and keep trusting I was saved because Jesus died for me, but somehow I did.
On the fourth day, the masturbation I had been a slave to for six years stopped. When I feared it would send me to hell it only got worse

Paul wrote:

For sin shall no longer be your master, for you are not under law( of righteousness) but under grace( a righteousness of faith in Christ rom6:14

It is your only hope, most reject it, if you are desperate enough you may not
God bless

Upvote 0