✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Talk is easy.
Please Biblically demonstrate what I got wrong.

GOD is Light. Light cannot create darkness.
Matthew 7:18. A good tree cannot put forth rotten fruit.
James 3:11. A stream of life giving water cannot put forth salt or brackish water.

GOD is Love. GOODNESS cannot bring forth evil...only the free will decision to rebel against GOD can be adjudicated to be evil to a person.

Inherited sin or sin by the will of GOD is anathema.

Start with HIS being Light and Love then look for our fall in the face of that truth, not in some fantasy that HIS creating us in Adam to inherit his sin does not blaspheme HIS good Name.

Were the Pharisees true to their religion? They sure were and they would never admit they had it wrong.

Upvote 0

TedT

Member since Job 38:7
Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have never liked the term "free will" as misleading. We are born into this world as slaves of Satan and dead to God (see Ephesians 2:1-3).
If inherited sin is true then this is true but it makes GOD the creator of our evil and therefore our guilt is moot as we didn't have any mens rea or guilty intent when we were judged as evil. Therefore HE is not being just with us in the death of infants.

Therefore I reject this theory, interpretation, of our fall.

When we become believers, he raises us to new life to become his willing children serving him (Ephesians 2:4-10). In what way is our will "free"?
If you hint at our being GOD's slaves in heaven it is a doctrine that contradicts scripture and the meaning of marriage to HIS Bride.
Romans 8:14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

As HIS children and HIS Bride we must have a completely free will - just trained by harsh discipline, Heb 12:5-11, to never choose sin again.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There was no law but there was sin, it was not in the likeness of the offense of Adam because they did not have the command but sin was made clear to them through natural law, their conscience and creation, Rom. 1 & 2
So you got it right, and Paul got it wrong in Romans 5:14--"they did not sin"?

Paul is saying that where there is no law, there is no sin to be charged* (counted),
that the "sin that was in the world" was not charged to man, because it was not their own, for
"they did not sin," (Romans 5:14),
rather it was the imputed sin of Adam that caused them to die, not their own sin.

*The Greek word here is ellagao (charged to, due to one's action), and not logizomai (imputed, involving no action by one).

< sigh >
You are confounding Paul's argument in Romans 1:18-3:20
regarding two different laws, conscience and Mosaic, from the time of Adam to the time of Christ, which will be applied at the judgment (Romans 2:16),
with Paul's other argument in Romans 3:21-5:21, regarding two kinds of unrighteousness--transgression of the Mosaic law, and imputed and, therefore, where the law of conscience has no application, since the issue is only the commands of God.

In Romans 1:18-3:20, Paul is demonstrating the unrighteousness of all mankind, Jew as well as Gentile (Romans 3:9-10).
He first demonstrates in 1:18-32 the unrighteousness of the Gentiles according to the law of conscience, by which law they will be judged at the judgment (Romans 2:16)
Then in 2:1-3:8, he demonstrates the unrighteousness of the Jews according to the Mosaic law, by which they will be judged at the judgment (Romans 2:16), and concludes all mankind under sin and unrighteousness (Romans 3:9-20).

He then moves in Romans 3:21-5:21 to demonstrating righteousness imputed in justification, where in 5:12-21, he demonstrates
God's imputation of Adam's unrighteousness to all those born of Adam, as well as
his imputation of Christ's righteousness to all those born of Christ.

His demonstration is based on the principle that the wages of sin is death (Ro 6:23),
that sin is transgression of the law, that where there is no law, there is no sin,
that, nevertheless, they all suffered death anyway,
that "even those who did not sin by breaking a command" as did Adam (Romans 5:14) still suffered death.
So the obvious question to be answered is: so from what sin did they suffer death when there was no sin (per Romans 5:14)?

His answer is: the imputed guilt of Adam, where he draws the contrasting double parallel between the imputed guilt of Adam to all those born of Adam and the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ to all those born of Jesus Christ (Romans 5:18-19).

So Paul is treating two different laws at the judgment--conscience, and Mosaic (1:18-3:20), and
two different kinds of unrighteousness--transgression of the law, and imputed (3:21-5:21),
where the law of conscience in Romans 1:18-3:20 has no application in Romans 3:21-5:21, as you assert.
None of them are changed. You are misinterpreting.
Talk is cheap.
Please Biblically demonstrate how Ezekiel 18:20 does not change the clear words of God himself in Exodus 34:7; Numbers 14:18, Jeremiah 32:18.

To the point: Adam's guilt is imputed, not inherited in contradiction of Ezekiel 18:20.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

misput

JimD
Sep 5, 2018
Pacific, Mo.
✟153,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you got it right, and Paul got it wrong in Romans 5:14--"they did not sin"?

< sigh >
You are confounding Paul's argument in Romans 1:18-3:20
regarding two different laws, conscience and Mosaic, from the time of Adam to the time of Christ, which will be applied at the judgment (Romans 2:16),
with Paul's other argument in Romans 3:21-5:21, regarding two kinds of unrighteousness--transgression of the Mosaic law, and imputed, and where the law of conscience has no application.

In Romans 1:18-3:20, Paul is demonstrating the unrighteousness of all mankind, Jew as well as Gentile (Romans 3:9-10).
He first demonstrates in 1:18-32 the unrighteousness of the Gentiles according to the law of conscience, by which law they will be judged at the judgment (Romans 2:16)
Then in 2:1-3:8, he demonstrates the unrighteousness of the Jews according to the Mosaic law, by which they will be judged at the judgment, and concludes all mankind under sin and unrighteousness (Romans 3:9-20).

He then moves in Romans 3:21-5:21 to demonstrating righteousness imputed in justification, where in 5:12-21, he demonstrates
God's imputation of Adam's unrighteousness to all those born of Adam, as well as
his imputation of Christ's righteousness to all those born of Christ.

His demonstration is based on the principle that the wages of sin is death (Ro 6:23),
that sin is transgression of the law, that where there is no law, there is no sin,
that they all still suffered death anyway,
that "even those who did not sin by breaking a command" as did Adam (Romans 5:14) suffered death anyway.
The obvious question to be answered is: so from what sin did they suffer death when there was no sin (per Romans 5:14)?

Paul is treating two different laws at the judgment--conscience, and Mosaic (1:18-3:20), and
two different kinds of unrighteousness--transgression of the law, and imputed (3:21-5:21),
where the law of conscience has no application in Romans 3:21-5:21.

Talk is cheap.
Please Biblically demonstrate how Ezekiel 18:20 does not change the clear words of God himself in Exodus 34:7; Numbers 14:18, Jeremiah 32:18.
It isn't complicated Clare, all sin but sin is not credited/counted against children or the faithful. Everyone else comes under judgement according to what light they are given. Seeing it any other way produces contradiction.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is known as nuance of meaning. We were discussing sin not being credited and it seemed important to understand when sin is being credited. It has to do with not being so literal which you do not seem to have any concept of.
See post #735 for the literal difference. . .sin is never credited (logizomai), it is charged to (ellogao), due to action (Romans 5:13).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We have different points of view.
Your view is not in agreement with Paul's teaching (post #743, above).

Feel free to Biblically demonstrate any error in post #743, above.
Why does yours contradict Ezekiel 18? Does God change from time to time?
The NT "contradicts Ezekiel 18" for the same reason that Ezekiel 18 contradicts God's own words himself in Exodus 4:7; Numbers 14:18; Jeremiah 32:18.

To the point: The NT does not contradict Ezekiel 18:4, for Adam's guilt is imputed, not inherited, in contradiction of Ezekiel 18:4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It isn't complicated Clare, all sin, but sin is not credited/counted against children or the faithful. Everyone else comes under judgement according to what light they are given.
Is that why this is non-responsive to the law of conscience being applied in Romans 3:21-5:21?
Seeing it any other way produces contradiction.
There is no contradiction of Ezekiel 18:20, because Adam's guilt is not inherited, it is imputed, just as Christ's righteousness is not inherited, it is imputed by faith, as was Abraham's righteousness (Romans 4:3; Genesis 15:6).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TedT

Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Human free will, I think, is limited to things temporal.
Hi JerryinMass,
Since the last thing in the Bible is the marriage of the Lamb to His Bride, I suspect, conclude, that this marriage was the purpose for our creation.

As you well know, no marriage is honestly true if it is forced upon the bride so it must be accepted by the bride's free will.

Since all the work of GOD with HIS creation from Genesis to Revelation 19:20 culminates in this wedding, I would suggest that the wedding is far beyond mere materialistic choices and must include a free will acceptance of HIS marriage proposal. Probably accepting the proposal resulted in our being elected to salvation and rejection of the proposal resulted in instant condemnation.

Upvote 0

TedT

Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you see is, God created Adam sinless and he remained so until God gave him a Law. This was inevitable since God designed creation around it.

Ahhh, Dave...but the law is NOT given to the righteous or the innocent but to lawbreakers and evil ones...1 Timothy 1:9. We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels...etc.

How does giving Adam a command not identify him as a lawbreaker already before he ate?

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
James 3:11. A stream of life giving water cannot put forth salt or brackish water.
GOD is Love. GOODNESS cannot bring forth evil...only the free will decision to rebel against GOD can be adjudicated to be evil to a person.
Adam's guilt is imputed, not inherited, in contradiction of Ezekiel 18:20.

See post #743, above, for Paul's teaching on the matter.
Feel free to Biblically demonstrate any error therein.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TedT

Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adam and Eve only had free will to show us all how DANGEROUS free will is in the hands of created beings.

Wow...

The free will of every person created in GOD's image (ie, able to be a suitable marriage partner for HIM) was an absolute necessity for HIS marriage to HIS Bride in Rev 19:7 to have any semblance of truth and realty.

Dangerous or not, our free will was an absolute necessity for GOD to be able to achieve HIS purpose for our creation, NOT merely to show it was dangerous to us!

The angels were also given this gift of free will, and many fell to the same fate as mankind, with the exception of the "elect angels"; the ones preserved in a righteous state by God, and who have been enabled to perpetually serve Him dutifully and completely.

ImCo,
the elect angels were those who chose by their free will to accept HIS proposal of marriage and HIS gospel of salvation, Col 1:23, and who remained faithful and holy in the face of the subsequent Satanic repudiation of HIM as GOD or a proper husband by putting their faith, their unproven hope, in HIS being a liar and a false god, the unforgivable sin. The elect angels were not preserved by GODly interference with their will but BY their free will!!!

The elect angels became holy by their free will decision to put their faith in believing that YHWH was telling us the truth which made them holy and they have stayed holy by their free will decision to remain in accord with their GOD, even in the face of some of their elect brethren choosing to rebel against GOD's command to come-out from among the satanic, thereby following the satanic into sin becoming the fallen, sinful elect.

While the Satanic fall was a failure of our free will to support HIS purpose, it was also the only proof that our will was actually free because the GOD who is LOVE could not program or coerce any person against his will to become evil and damned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TedT

Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In response to my adjuration that:
TedT said:

you say

Adam's guilt is imputed.

I was not referring to Adam who sinned but to everyone else human who supposedly was created sinful by being born into Adam's blood line as human and inheriting his sinfulness and condemnation.

Ooh I love to dance a little sidestep, now they see me now they don't -
I've come and gone and,
ooh I love to sweep around the wide step,
Cut a little swathe and lead the people on.

--- the Sidestep song.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In response to my adjuration that:
you say
Adam's guilt is imputed.
I was not referring to Adam who sinned but to everyone else human who supposedly was created sinful by being born into Adam's blood line as human and inheriting his sinfulness and condemnation.
Does that not contradict Ezekiel 18:20?

Paul presents Adam's guilt as imputed, (Romans 5:12-21), not inherited, in contradiction of Ezekiel 18:20.

Guilt is not inherited, it is imputed (Romans 5:12-21).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

misput

JimD
Sep 5, 2018
Pacific, Mo.
✟153,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your view is not in agreement with Paul's teaching (post #743, above).

Feel free to Biblically demonstrate any error in post #743, above.

THe NT "contradicts Ezekiel 18" for the same reason that Ezekiel 18 contradicts God's own words himself in Exodus 4:7; Numbers 14:18; Jeremiah 32:18.

To the point: The NT does not contradict Ezekiel 18:4, for Adam's guilt is imputed, not inherited, in contradiction of Ezekiel 18:4.
So we are born fallen, guilty of sin, not because we sin but because Adam sinned and God thru Ezekial is not speaking about this imputed sin but about inherited sin? We do not inherit sin but sin is imputed too us? Also those who do not have the law or the gospel do not sin or was it just the ones between Adam and Moses? I am glad you have figured this out Clare. I know it was bothering you.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So we are born fallen, guilty of sin, not because we sin but because Adam sinned and God thru Ezekial is not speaking about this imputed sin but about inherited sin? We do not inherit sin but sin is imputed too us?
Well grasped!

Yes, there is a difference.
We inherit our sinful nature, but Adam's guilt is imputed to us (we were made sinners),
just as Christ's righteousness is imputed to us (we are made righteous) in Romans 5:19,
as righteousness was imputed to Abraham (he was made righteous in Genesis 15:6; Romans 4:3.
Also those who do not have the law or the gospel
do not sin or was it just the ones between Adam and Moses?
According to Paul in Romans 5:12-14, it was those between Adam and Moses who did not have God's commands to transgress, as did Adam.
Mankind no longer "enjoys" that status.
I am glad you have figured this out Clare.
And it is rewarding to know you see that I have. . .makes it all worth it.
I know it was bothering you.
It wasn't bothering you?

If there is anything you can Biblically demonstrate that is not correct, please feel free to do so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

misput

JimD
Sep 5, 2018
Pacific, Mo.
✟153,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well grasped!

Yes, there is a difference.
We inherit our sinful nature, but Adam's guilt is imputed to us (we were made sinners),
just as Christ's righteousness is imputed to us (we are made righteous) in Romans 5:19,
as righteousness was imputed to Abraham (he was made righteous in Genesis 15:6; Romans 4:3.

According to Paul in Romans 5:12-14, it was those between Adam and Moses who did not have God's commands to transgress, as did Adam.
Mankind no longer "enjoys" that status.

And it is rewarding to know you see that I have. . .makes it all worth it.

It wasn't bothering you?

If there is anything you can Biblically demonstrate that is not correct, please feel free to do so.

I see your point Clare and at first I thought you might be on to something but after more reasoning with the word I am not sure. Please try your best to answer my questions with something meaningful, not, I don't know but that's what it says and I believe it and that settles it : )

God created Adam knowing he would sin and all his descendants would inherit his sinful nature and end up sinning. So what was the point of imputing Adams sin to everyone? Isn't being born with a sinful nature bad enough? Why curse us with Adams sin also? What are the different effects of imputed sin vs inheriting a sinful nature? Isn't the results the same, don't we end up being sinners either way?

On the subject of no sin between Adam & Moses because they did not have the command or the law. Hasn't there been many, even up to this very day who have not had the command or the law? We know how these sin and are judged Rom. 1-2 but isn't this different than how you say Paul says the ones between Adam and Moses are judged?

On whether this bothers me: This sort of theology has little or nothing to do with personal salvation but it is interesting and I love to discuss it, but I can't say it really bothers me. Have you ever thought about how few folks, religious or non religious, even know the questions, much less the answers?

Ex 20:5 "You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,

I have wondered if "those who hate me" could apply to the children as well as the father? What do you think?

The way I understand the above scripture is the children of the wicked are sometimes/visited with suffering for the sins of a wicked father as we plainly see they are, this is the results of God's natural laws. The Jews in Ezekiel 18 are trying to say God is imputing blaming/punishing them for their fathers sin but God is saying it is their own.

PS: When you say biblically demonstrate, what you really mean is to demonstrate it the way you see it. This is why I do not quote a lot of scripture but just interpretate it the way I understand it. I Have known people who quote reams of scripture, thinking that proves their point, which seems kind of silly to me. Anyone can quote scripture but what God really means by it is what counts. We are just in the process of trying to understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: TedT
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I see your point Clare and at first I thought you might be on to something but
after more reasoning with the word I am not sure.
Let me register my protest to disagreeing with what Scripture teaches because it does not agree with one's reasoning, rather than seeking the error in one's reasoning to bring it into agreement with Scripture.
Let me likewise register my protest to the assumption that God's reasoning must agree with man's reasoning. Okay. . .now that's off my chest. ;)
Please try your best to answer my questions with something meaningful, not, I don't know but that's what it says and I believe it and that settles it : )
I can answer with something meaningful. . .and I like doing that, but I'm not sure that you're giving serious thought to what I present.
God created Adam knowing he would sin and all his descendants would inherit his sinful nature and end up sinning. So what was the point of imputing Adams sin to everyone?
Well, first of all there is Ezekiel 18:20, there is no inheritance of our forefathers' sin.

Secondly, I somewhat addressed God's mind on that issue in my post to you, #705.
Bottom line: God has shut up all men ("all" meaning Jew as well as Gentile) in sin (so) that he might have mercy on them all ("all" meaning Gentile as well as Jew). (Romans 11:32).

Thirdly, as we don't inherit guilt (Ezekiel 18:20), so we don't inherit righteousness. . .both are imputed to us.
Isn't being born with a sinful nature bad enough? Why curse us with Adams sin also?
What are the different effects of imputed sin vs inheriting a sinful nature? Isn't the results the same, don't we end up being sinners either way?
There are different effects, but it's not about effects.

It's about the wisdom of God in his design of
two Adam's--the second being the exact counterpart of the first,
the first unrighteous, and the second righteous,
whereby all those born of the first Adam have the guilt of one unrighteous act imputed to them, and
all those born of the second Adam have the righteousness of one righteous act imputed to them,
God thereby shutting up all those born of the first Adam in sin and condemnation,
so that all things shall come to all men ("all" meaning Gentile as well as Jew) in the second Adam alone,
not leaving even the possibility that man can have anything outside of Christ, except a promise to perish (John 3:16-18, 36).
On the subject of no sin between Adam & Moses because they did not have the command or the law. Hasn't there been many, even up to this very day who have not had the command or the law? We know how these sin and are judged Rom. 1-2 but isn't this different than
how you say Paul says the ones between Adam and Moses are judged?
I say? That's "Romans 5:14 says," "they did not sin" by breaking a command.
Paul says they were judged not to have sinned.
It's got nothing to do with what "I say."

Paul distinguishes in Romans 5:12-21 between judgment with and judgment without curse, where
1) violation of one's own conscience, for which there would be judgment but for which God did not attach a curse of death, and
2) violation of God's commands (Eden, Mosaic law) for which there would not only be judgment, but also an attached curse of physical death (Eden, Galatians 3:10),
as it was with Adam's sin against God's command being cursed with physical death.

So in Romans 5:12-21, it's about God cursing with death only the violation of his commands, and
yet all mankind between Adam and Moses dying without violating God's commands. . .that means
they were still being cursed anyway. . .by imputed guilt.

Thus Paul demonstrates the imputation of Adam's guilt to all mankind, with or without God's law.
All mankind dies physically because of the guilt of Adam imputed to him.

And so regarding your question above, the effects are different:
the imputation of Adam's guilt (not law-breaking) is the cause of physical death, while
the unregenerate nature is the cause of eternal death.

And thus God shuts up all men (Jew as well as Gentile) in disobedience (so) that he might have mercy on them all (Gentile as well as Jew). (Romans 11:32).
On whether this bothers me: This sort of theology has little or nothing to do with personal salvation but it is interesting and I love to discuss it, but I can't say it really bothers me.
Likewise, it does not "bother" me, nor am I inclined to discuss it for the sake of discussing it, but rather for the purpose of accuracy and truth regarding the word of God.
Have you ever thought about how few folks, religious or non religious,
even know the questions, much less the answers?
And which is due to the dearth of good Biblical teaching in the churches, for some time now.
Nevertheless, the matter is presented in NT teaching that it may be known, not that it is necessary that all know it.
Ex 20:5 "You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,
I have wondered if "those who hate me" could apply to the children as well as the father? What do you think?
I think it means those succeeding generations who hate God have the iniquity of their fathers visited on them, that if the succeeding generations don't hate God, the sin of their fathers is not visited on them.
The way I understand the above scripture is the children of the wicked are sometimes/visited with suffering for the sins of a wicked father as we plainly see they are, this is the results of God's natural laws. The Jews in Ezekiel 18 are trying to say God is imputing blaming/punishing them for their fathers sin but God is saying it is their own.
Which does not negate the meaning of Exodus 20:5.
PS: When you say biblically demonstrate,
what you really mean is to demonstrate it the way you see it.
No, I am asking for a Biblical demonstration of the way they see it when we are in disagreement. I believe the word of God can be known, that it is not all just "someone's interpretation," and I see the only way to sort it out is to measure interpretations in light of the whole counsel of God, as the Bereans did with Paul.
This is why I do not quote a lot of scripture but just interpretate it the way I understand it.
But in order to arrive at a correct understanding, other Scripture must be considered in the meaning of its context.
I Have known people who quote reams of scripture, thinking that proves their point, which seems kind of silly to me.
Anyone can quote scripture but what God really means by it is what counts.
Precisely, its meaning is what it means in its context. . .translate: one needs a working knowledge of Scripture to understand anything correctly.
We are just in the process of trying to understand.
Some don't correspond as though they are "in a process."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Only MY sins can be imputed to me as MY sinfulness...
Please Biblically demonstrate your assertion.

For Adam's guilt is imputed to you, not inherited by you,
as Christ's righteousness is imputed to you, not inherited by you.

Upvote 0